PDA

View Full Version : Are You Tired Of...

OldCowboy
10-06-2013, 02:18 PM
...people who keep taking their :f_spider: to dealers who provide lousy service and then jump on Spyderlovers to complain about the service? A few of these folks may live in a part of the country where :f_spider: dealers are few and far between. But most of them live where there are numerous :f_spider: dealers within a 50-100 mile radius. Kinda remind me of a guy who keeps hitting his thumb with a hammer and blames the hammer.

wyliec
10-06-2013, 02:23 PM
...people who keep taking their :f_spider: to dealers who provide lousy service and then jump on Spyderlovers to complain about the service? A few of these folks may live in a part of the country where :f_spider: dealers are few and far between. But most of them live where there are numerous :f_spider: dealers within a 50-100 mile radius. Kinda remind me of a guy who keeps hitting his thumb with a hammer and blames the hammer.

Most times I just ignore them and continue on my merry way. Some just like the whine and cheese party.

quickster47
10-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Have to agree and must say that my ignore list is increasing in size with those type of posters.

Carl

Dan McNally
10-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Stuck with mine through the recall . . . but the difficulty getting any info out of them . . . and even contacting someone who would discuss the Spyder with me (you will have to speak the Spyder Service Department - which turned out to be one guy who scheduled, fixed, billed . . . did all things Spyder) I am switching to a dealership in Windber PA which I have heard good things about, for future work. It is a two hour ryde . . . but, hey! That's a two hour ryde in each direction . . . isn't that a good thing?

SNOOPY
10-06-2013, 03:35 PM
We only have 2 dealers in our area.

Compared to what I hear on this forum, these are very very small dealers.

I haven't had the chance yet to see how good or bad service is yet, I'll know next Friday. :(

all I can say is that it must be nice to live near a mega dealer that takes care of its customers!

Bob Ledford
10-06-2013, 03:58 PM
We only have 2 dealers in our area.

I haven't had the chance yet to see how good or bad service is yet, I'll know next Friday. :(

all I can say is that it must be nice to live near a mega dealer that takes care of its customers!

It is!:thumbup::rolleyes:

SNOOPY
10-06-2013, 04:01 PM
:D

cuznjohn
10-06-2013, 04:10 PM
i only have 4 dealers around my area 2 are owned by the same person who admits he doesn't have a good spyder service dept yet, 1 that lost a honda dealership due to stuff i shouldn't mention so i stay away from him and my dealer, so out of all of them and not having to travel close to 100 miles for a good dealer and having to have someone to take me back home i stick with the dealer i bought the bike from.

SDM
10-06-2013, 04:20 PM
The hubby (Tobor 9) and I are fortunate that we have a dealership (Velocity Powersports) 30 mins from us that has a great spyder mechanic.:firstplace: People come from Georgetown, Beaufort, Savannah, etc. to Velocity. Only thing I don't like is the $95.00 an hour shop time!!!:yikes:

DriftersWay
10-06-2013, 05:08 PM
But it was the hammers fault:roflblack:

flamingobabe
10-06-2013, 05:13 PM
It's crazy...but I have 2 dealers within 15 minutes north and south ...5 more dealers within 60 miles...I have to go 300+ or 750 miles to get good service.....

Bob Denman
10-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Is there anything that we could do as a group to let BRP know that getting properly trained personnel in the dealerships is a primary concern?? :dontknow:

cuznjohn
10-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Is there anything that we could do as a group to let BRP know that getting properly trained personnel in the dealerships is a primary concern?? :dontknow:

bob i guess the old saying goes here YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR if their not paying well a talented tech will not work for them

flamingobabe
10-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Bob...I don't know if its proper training, all though it would help...but there is one tech to do all the Can-am work and the other brands they carry....so you have to wait....then there are no parts in stock....the service guy is new every time you go in...they don't make appointments...just bring it in and in maybe 10+ days they can look at it..why not make appointments when you can look at the bike within 2 days....poor management....and they lie to you...treat us like we are stupid

OldCowboy
10-06-2013, 05:57 PM
i only have 4 dealers around my area 2 are owned by the same person who admits he doesn't have a good spyder service dept yet, 1 that lost a honda dealership due to stuff i shouldn't mention so i stay away from him and my dealer, so out of all of them and not having to travel close to 100 miles for a good dealer and having to have someone to take me back home i stick with the dealer i bought the bike from.

The last time I checked the BRP website, there were 9 dealers within 59 miles of Queens and 5 of them were Gold Certified dealers.

Four dealers are on Long Island, with two of them being a Gold Certified dealer (Crossbay Honda Suzuki and Island Powersports). Ever heard of the Long Island RR?? You can get back to NYC by taking it.

Another dealer is on Staten Island (Bay Harbor Motors); take the subway back home.

A Gold Dealer is in Stamford, CT (Stamford Motorsports). Metro North RR and the subway will get you home.

A Gold Dealer is in Belleville, NJ (Motorcycle Mall). Between bus and NJ Transit, you should be able to get to Penn Station and from there home.

You live in an area super rich in public transportation. You should be able to get back and forth from most of the 9 dealers which are within 59 miles of Queens using public transportation without having to rely on someone else to get you home.

Plus, there is a Platinum Dealer (GSS Powersports) in East Haven, CT, just 77 miles from Queens and a quick trip back on public transportation to Grand Central.

OldCowboy
10-06-2013, 06:09 PM
It's crazy...but I have 2 dealers within 15 minutes north and south ...5 more dealers within 60 miles...I have to go 300+ or 750 miles to get good service.....

Why don't you just take it to Pit Bull, in Springfield, MO? That's only 676 mi.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-06-2013, 06:17 PM
We only have 2 dealers in our area. ...Yes I feel your pain only TWO dealers in your AREA ......Oh wait I only have THREE dealers in the ENTIRE STATE.................you'r breaking my Heart

jerpinoy
10-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Some of us are lucky to be near a dealer and to our member that are too far from them we have to show how we care to each other by be around to be lean and shoulders to cry on.:roflblack::roflblack:

otter28169
10-06-2013, 06:26 PM
The last time I checked the BRP website, there were 9 dealers within 59 miles of Queens and 5 of them were Gold Certified dealers.

Four dealers are on Long Island, with two of them being a Gold Certified dealer (Crossbay Honda Suzuki and Island Powersports).

My wife ordered the "mistress" from crossbay, great group. It is too bad they are better than 3 and a half hours from where I live. But "Klinger's" in Walton, NY has a great service department from what I hear. I am starting to warm up to Doug's Powersports in Cortland. Doug's son is their tech now and he seems to know his stuff. I have had some issues with Doug's, but it was more about billing than service. I am trying to build a relationship with them and will keep trying until they give me a good reason not to.

Just sayin'............

cuznjohn
10-06-2013, 06:32 PM

Four dealers are on Long Island, with two of them being a Gold Certified dealer (Crossbay Honda Suzuki and Island Powersports). Ever heard of the Long Island RR?? You can get back to NYC by taking it.

Another dealer is on Staten Island (Bay Harbor Motors); take the subway back home.

A Gold Dealer is in Stamford, CT (Stamford Motorsports). Metro North RR and the subway will get you home.

A Gold Dealer is in Belleville, NJ (Motorcycle Mall). Between bus and NJ Transit, you should be able to get to Penn Station and from there home.

You live in an area super rich in public transportation. You should be able to get back and forth from most of the 9 dealers which are within 59 miles of Queens using public transportation without having to rely on someone else to get you home.

Plus, there is a Platinum Dealer (GSS Powersports) in East Haven, CT, just 77 miles from Queens and a quick trip back on public transportation to Grand Central.

there are people that use crossbay on here that ask when i go because of their service dept. islans power sports is the one that told me he doesn't have a great service dept for can am, i never seen bay harbor, and i really don't want to go out of state for service. but thanks

SNOOPY
10-06-2013, 06:49 PM

:roflblack:

SNOOPY
10-06-2013, 06:53 PM

I personally think it is management more than the tech. We have one of the top techs in the eastern region "supposedly" working at one of our dealers, yet we still hear of issues, mainly "from what I believe" the management steps in and does cuts to save time and money and the tech is stuck in the middle of things?

boborgera
10-06-2013, 07:35 PM
People who create their own drama ,
Deserve their own karma...
There ''Are'' other alternatives..

Just thinking out-loud...:dontknow:

SNOOPY
10-06-2013, 07:38 PM
People who create their own drama ,
Deserve their own karma...
There ''Are'' other alternatives..

Just thinking out-loud...:dontknow:

You're talking about me aren't you? :lecturef_smilie:

LOL

boborgera
10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
You're talking about me aren't you? :lecturef_smilie:

LOL

Na, Like i said ; Just thinking out-loud.... But should i have.?..:rolleyes:

SNOOPY
10-06-2013, 08:11 PM
no, not yet. :)

ARtraveler
10-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Some of us are kind of stuck when it comes to service and dealer choices. There are two authorized places to buy :spyder2: in all of AK. One dealer I deal with, the other, I would not. If my dealer ever goes bad--I would be forced to divest of my :spyder2:'s. The closest dealer from AK is Washington State. About 1500 miles or so.

So far (see signature below), so good--although we came close this summer over the valve check fiasco.

Kraut
10-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Continue to talk up the good/great dealers! Tom Gebrecht's Whittier Fun Center in Whittier CA has provided absolutely first rate servicing of my 2010 RT. Bryce Lindsey, the service manager, knows you by name, has an excellent CanAm tech and has always met my scheduling and service needs. When I needed the water pump replaced, he got the parts ordered and in-about a week delay-then worked with me to work out a schedule. I dropped off "Scoot3r" in the evening before the scheduled work and Bryce called me by 3:00 the next afternoon that my RT was buttoned up, tested and ready to go. And it was. It's a 157 mile ride one way but so worth it!
:yes::yes::yes:

SNOOPY
10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Some of us are kind of stuck when it comes to service and dealer choices. There are two authorized places to buy :spyder2: in all of AK. One dealer I deal with, the other, I would not. If my dealer ever goes bad--I would be forced to divest of my :spyder2:'s. The closest dealer from AK is Washington State. About 1500 miles or so.

So far (see signature below), so good--although we came close this summer over the valve check fiasco.

Everytime I saw your posts in the past about getting cold soon I wondered why since I thought you were in Arkansas, I just realized AK was Alaska. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

:dummy:

LOL

ARtraveler
10-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Everytime I saw your posts in the past about getting cold soon I wondered why since I thought you were in Arkansas, I just realized AK was Alaska. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

:dummy:

LOL

Had ya going there--Eh! :roflblack: Maybe some of my posts will make sense now. :roflblack::roflblack:

Magdave
10-06-2013, 08:29 PM
For me Velocity (1.5hr ride each way) or Columbia(2hrs each way). The one 20min away misassembled mine at delivery it was out of adjustment and some things ( cruise) did not work. Many bolts were missing ( keep finding more everytime the Tupperware comes off). The recall was not done right the EVAP was floating around when I was in there a couple of days ago, up against the header, I do not enjoy a minimum 3hr ride to sit at a dealership for hours with not even a decent waiting area so I try and work with my local one. The problem is they keep screwing up. What would you like people like us to do blow rainbows out our butts and say how great it is to ride a crappy Spyder that I overpaid for and tell you how happy and lucky I am to have a dealer at all. People who complain about others who have real issues are no help. I am so glad you are having such a good ownership experience but your post is totally uncalled for. I would like to get a laser alignment so I should ride 700mi. to get it? Get real:mad:

SNOOPY
10-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Had ya going there--Eh! :roflblack: Maybe some of my posts will make sense now. :roflblack::roflblack:

I'll start re reading all 9,876 of them.....be back in a minute....

WarrenGH
10-06-2013, 09:11 PM

I'm a new member with Spyder Lovers and after reading a number of posts about dealer complaints and BRP not listening, I have to wonder if BRP does listen? I also don't understand how bringing the subject of poor dealer treatment and service is consider a matter of having wine served with cheese?

wyliec
10-06-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm a new member with Spyder Lovers and after reading a number of posts about dealer complaints and BRP not listening, I have to wonder if BRP does listen? I also don't understand how bringing the subject of poor dealer treatment and service is consider a matter of having wine served with cheese?

I happen to agree with the OP. We all have our opinions and I expressed mine. If you don't like it, please by all means put me on your ignore list. By the way, it's whine and cheese.

frenchek
10-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Stuck with mine through the recall . . . but the difficulty getting any info out of them . . . and even contacting someone who would discuss the Spyder with me (you will have to speak the Spyder Service Department - which turned out to be one guy who scheduled, fixed, billed . . . did all things Spyder) I am switching to a dealership in Windber PA which I have heard good things about, for future work. It is a two hour ryde . . . but, hey! That's a two hour ryde in each direction . . . isn't that a good thing?

don't know if this is closer for you or not, mosites motorsports in Irwin, pa, about 2 miles from the Irwin exit of the turnpike. service mgr is eric, techs are good and certified. I have had nothing short of great service. when the recall was made on the heat issues he had mine in and fixed before I got the letter from brp !!

Chupaca
10-06-2013, 11:08 PM
If they got bad service the first time...tell us...if they go back and get bad service again...we are not interested. More than likely they were told to go somewhere else and were probably given names and addresses. Jmo...!! :dontknow:

OldCowboy
10-06-2013, 11:15 PM
For me Velocity (1.5hr ride each way) or Columbia(2hrs each way). The one 20min away misassembled mine at delivery it was out of adjustment and some things ( cruise) did not work. Many bolts were missing ( keep finding more everytime the Tupperware comes off). The recall was not done right the EVAP was floating around when I was in there a couple of days ago, up against the header, I do not enjoy a minimum 3hr ride to sit at a dealership for hours with not even a decent waiting area so I try and work with my local one. The problem is they keep screwing up. What would you like people like us to do blow rainbows out our butts and say how great it is to ride a crappy Spyder that I overpaid for and tell you how happy and lucky I am to have a dealer at all. People who complain about others who have real issues are no help. I am so glad you are having such a good ownership experience but your post is totally uncalled for. I would like to get a laser alignment so I should ride 700mi. to get it? Get real:mad:

So let me see if I get this right. You'd rather take your :f_spider: to the dealer who didn't assemble it correctly and effed up the recall than ryde 1.5 hrs to a dealer who gets things right?? You'll take it back to the lousy dealer and put up with the problems because he's 20 min away?? Seriously?? And you want us to empathize with your problems? Really? Sounds to me like you love your whine and cheese.

My dealer is also 1.5 hrs away and I look at that ryde as a chance to get some "wind therapy."

Dan McNally
10-06-2013, 11:17 PM
don't know if this is closer for you or not, mosites motorsports in Irwin, pa, about 2 miles from the Irwin exit of the turnpike. service mgr is eric, techs are good and certified. I have had nothing short of great service. when the recall was made on the heat issues he had mine in and fixed before I got the letter from brp !!

Thanks, but it would be almost 3 hours to get there . . . I'll keep it in mind though.

OldCowboy
10-07-2013, 12:07 AM

Actually, you're in pretty good shape. Within 120 miles of you there are 4 Platinum and 5 Gold Certified dealers. In addition to Triumph of Windber, Motosports Cycle Shop of Hanover PA (83 mi), Don's Kawasaki Yamaha Sea-Doo Can-Am of Hellam PA (105 mi) and Trumbull Motorsports of Mechanicsville MD (115 mi) are also Platinum Certified dealers.

rugbyruth
10-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Continue to talk up the good/great dealers! Tom Gebrecht's Whittier Fun Center in Whittier CA has provided absolutely first rate servicing of my 2010 RT. Bryce Lindsey, the service manager, knows you by name, has an excellent CanAm tech and has always met my scheduling and service needs. When I needed the water pump replaced, he got the parts ordered and in-about a week delay-then worked with me to work out a schedule. I dropped off "Scoot3r" in the evening before the scheduled work and Bryce called me by 3:00 the next afternoon that my RT was buttoned up, tested and ready to go. And it was. It's a 157 mile ride one way but so worth it!
:yes::yes::yes:

Thanks kraut, they are only 20 miles from me. I've heard that del amo motorsports is not very good for service on can ams. also a couple of weeks ago went there to look at new spyders and was told. could not test drive any of them because i did not have a motorcycle lisense, but if i had cash in hand then he said i could test drive a spyder. In calif. we do not need a motorcycle lic. Thier prices are 4-6000 dollars higher them any other place within 100 miles from me.

again thank you very much
ruth

arntufun
10-07-2013, 04:19 AM
So let me see if I get this right. You'd rather take your :f_spider: to the dealer who didn't assemble it correctly and effed up the recall than ryde 1.5 hrs to a dealer who gets things right?? You'll take it back to the lousy dealer and put up with the problems because he's 20 min away?? Seriously?? And you want us to empathize with your problems? Really? Sounds to me like you love your whine and cheese.

My dealer is also 1.5 hrs away and I look at that ryde as a chance to get some "wind therapy."

Let me get this straight...... You created a thread complaining about other complainers ???????? :roflblack::roflblack:

Silvervette05
10-07-2013, 06:39 AM
I have 2 dealers one is about 30 miles west of me, and the other is about 30 miles east of me. They are both ok in the service area

Bob Denman
10-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Bob...I don't know if its proper training, all though it would help...but there is one tech to do all the Can-am work and the other brands they carry....so you have to wait....then there are no parts in stock....the service guy is new every time you go in...they don't make appointments...just bring it in and in maybe 10+ days they can look at it..why not make appointments when you can look at the bike within 2 days....poor management....and they lie to you...treat us like we are stupid
:shocked: Char... That's just lousy service... run far, and run fast! :shocked:

MouthPiece
10-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Could it "possibly" be that the older we get the grumpier we get???? Let's face it folks, the make up of spyder owners just aint in the same age group as the ones that we see in the BRP commercials.

As for the "service techs" I have an opinion. (doesn't everyone?) I have often thought that dealers who sell other "rides" other than spyders, i.e., Honda, Yamahammers, ATV's, ect. have some techs that aren't, how shall I say it, not all that enthused about working on a spyder viz a viz a wing, etc. They are just flat out not all that interested in our babies. Consequently, some of us are the bi product of "low man on the totum poll". Call it whatever you want, it is a reality. There are just some techs who cannot accept the existence of that 3 wheeled new fangled looking machine and don't take an interest.

JMT.

Chris

daveinva
10-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Here's my take-- I assure you, it's worth all the good money you're paying for it! :joke:

There is NO perfect dealer. Show me the best dealer in the country, and I'll find at least one person who visited on the wrong day.

Which means that for all of us, our interactions with dealers will be all over the map. Maybe we'll be the fortunate ones who always gets great service, even if no one else does. Maybe we'll be unlucky, and get screwed by the same dealer who makes everyone else happy. Outliers in either direction, unfortunately, don't tell us much in isolation.

I have a love/hate relationship with my local dealer, as those familiar with my threads may recall. Most of the time, they're perfectly acceptable. Some of the time, they're not. They've never been so bad as to force me to use another dealer; they've never been so good as to persuade me to never consider using another dealer. They're about as average as they come, sad to say, but guess what? MOST dealers are just that, by definition: average. (Thank you, George Carlin! :p).

I would love it if another local D.C. dealer started selling Spyders. LOVE it. The problem is, I don't want the *current* dealer to STOP selling Spyders, either. I admit, it may sound a bit like battered spouse syndrome, but at the end of the day, when my Spyder is the only vehicle I own, having an average dealer conveniently a few miles down the road is better than having the perfect dealer hours away.

YMMV... safe riding, folks :doorag:

Bob Denman
10-07-2013, 07:39 AM
As I like to tell the Missus;
"You want to complain; call your girlfriends and gripe to them about how horrible things are."
"You want solutions? Let's talk!"
Some folks just aren't interested in solutions... :shocked:

cuznjohn
10-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Here's my take-- I assure you, it's worth all the good money you're paying for it! :joke:

There is NO perfect dealer. Show me the best dealer in the country, and I'll find at least one person who visited on the wrong day.

Which means that for all of us, our interactions with dealers will be all over the map. Maybe we'll be the fortunate ones who always gets great service, even if no one else does. Maybe we'll be unlucky, and get screwed by the same dealer who makes everyone else happy. Outliers in either direction, unfortunately, don't tell us much in isolation.

I have a love/hate relationship with my local dealer, as those familiar with my threads may recall. Most of the time, they're perfectly acceptable. Some of the time, they're not. They've never been so bad as to force me to use another dealer; they've never been so good as to persuade me to never consider using another dealer. They're about as average as they come, sad to say, but guess what? MOST dealers are just that, by definition: average. (Thank you, George Carlin! :p).

I would love it if another local D.C. dealer started selling Spyders. LOVE it. The problem is, I don't want the *current* dealer to STOP selling Spyders, either. I admit, it may sound a bit like battered spouse syndrome, but at the end of the day, when my Spyder is the only vehicle I own, having an average dealer conveniently a few miles down the road is better than having the perfect dealer hours away.

YMMV... safe riding, folks :doorag:

i think what you said is so true. i may moan and groan but my dealer treats me fair, his problem is that he can't get parts from BRP and he doesn't have a big spyder base so he doesn't stock parts. he does charge a arm and leg for his work but he get's the work done.

Magdave
10-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Let me get this straight...... You created a thread complaining about other complainers ???????? :roflblack::roflblack:

Amen Brother Amen:thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-07-2013, 09:47 AM
:shocked: Is this considered, "Irony"? :shocked: :D

Magdave
10-07-2013, 10:28 AM
:shocked: Is this considered, "Irony"? :shocked: :D

I believe it is call hypocrisy :thumbup: Coming from someone who has Pitbull as a dealer too( that he complained about):barf:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.png Damned Vibrations
Prior to my 600 mile service, which was done at 873 miles, the only time I felt any vibrations on my floorboards was around 5,000 RPM. Once I got to 5500 it was gone and everything was smooth as silk up to 8500. The first thing I noticed after the 600 mile service was increased vibration in the 4500 - 5500 range. Since that time, the vibrations have gotten worse, to the point that they are there between 4000 - 8500 RPM. There does seem to be a second contributor in the 4500 - 5500 range (belt harmonics?). Additionally, since the 600 mile service, when the http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/f_spider.gif is going up hill or accelerating, the vibrations are noticeable in the handlebars and grips as well.

Thinking that the dealer may have set the belt tension to the pre-2013 value of 450 N rather than the 1050 N value for the 2013s, I purchased and installed a Baker Built belt stabilizer. It didn't help in the least. I also noticed that there is an annoying buzzing sound that wasn't there before and which increases in frequency as the engine RPMs increase.

I bought a Krikit II gauge and checked the belt tension according to the manual. I repeatedly got readings of 160-170 lbs. I realize the Krikit is not designed for our belts, but can anyone tell me value you should be getting with a Krikit on properly tensioned 2013 belts?

I'm hoping Scotty or Lamont or one of the other more knowledgeable folks can give me an idea of what's going on. I will be calling Pit Bull on Tuesday and setting up an appointment to have this looked at.

wyliec
10-07-2013, 11:09 AM
You don't see the difference between that post and someone repeatedly complaining about the same problem or dealer or BRP; adding nothing new, but complaining each day.

Can you link to any other of his posts showing where he continuously repeats himself?

Magdave
10-07-2013, 11:14 AM
You don't see the difference between that post and someone repeatedly complaining about the same problem or dealer or BRP; adding nothing new, but complaining each day.

Can you link to any other of his posts showing where he continuously repeats himself?
No I don't that issue has been:bdh:

Magdave
10-07-2013, 11:16 AM

No but I can link to every post(many) he told someone to get a new dealer he seems to enjoy that. Easy to say when you have probably the best one in the country. If we don't complain about poor service nothing will change it will stay the same. BRP does read here ya know.

Bob Denman
10-07-2013, 11:17 AM
So... when has the horse been tenderized enough? :shocked: :D

wyliec
10-07-2013, 11:20 AM
No but I can link to every post(many) he told someone to get a new dealer he seems to enjoy that. Easy to say when you have probably the best one in the country. If we don't complain about poor service nothing will change it will stay the same. BRP does read here ya know.

You may not believe it, but I agree on that statement.

murphybrown
10-07-2013, 01:09 PM
OK for those who have forgotten....Circle of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result :yikes:....ok if you haven't figured it out..let me save you time and experience...it ain't going to change...
Now that get's me onto another of my rants....expectations....sounds like so many people expect one result get another and then jump on the circle of insanity train...fact..there are some dealers/techs that either lack the specialized training our Spyders need or just don't give a rat's patutie about customer service... that my fellow SL's is fact...now what is my role....to stop expecting something different and find that dealer who does care...for me (and only for me)..the distance I need to travel to find that tech is a must do....I realllllly don't like staying on the Circle of Insanity Train and I do not feel it is someone's responsibility (yep even BRP's) to find the type of dealer/tech I and Ms Spyder need. So each person needs to decide what you need...if the blame game/expectation game/circle of insanity works for you...then stay with it...just don't expect me to be overly sympathetic...just sayin'
You SL's have been the answer to all things Spyder...including finding that GREAT dealership...definitely not the closest but the most skilled...:yes:

Magdave
10-07-2013, 01:19 PM
OK for those who have forgotten....Circle of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result :yikes:....ok if you haven't figured it out..let me save you time and experience...it ain't going to change...
Now that get's me onto another of my rants....expectations....sounds like so many people expect one result get another and then jump on the circle of insanity train...fact..there are some dealers/techs that either lack the specialized training our Spyders need or just don't give a rat's patutie about customer service... that my fellow SL's is fact...now what is my role....to stop expecting something different and find that dealer who does care...for me (and only for me)..the distance I need to travel to find that tech is a must do....I realllllly don't like staying on the Circle of Insanity Train and I do not feel it is someone's responsibility (yep even BRP's) to find the type of dealer/tech I and Ms Spyder need. So each person needs to decide what you need...if the blame game/expectation game/circle of insanity works for you...then stay with it...just don't expect me to be overly sympathetic...just sayin'
You SL's have been the answer to all things Spyder...including finding that GREAT dealership...definitely not the closest but the most skilled...:yes:

And therein lies the problem. I believe they do care but lack the experience and training. They are getting the training but need experience. I am trying to help (with the forums help) to give them knowledge and experience. The insanity will stop when they get it. Baby steps just like a child and am trying to let them do the little things first. If I or anyone else gets frustrated and comes here to blow off steam so be it and do not think we need to be chastised because we are unwilling to ride multiple hour on what may be an unsafe or unridable bike to go somewhere that has more of both. No one is asking you ( or anyone else) to provide sympathy nor criticism of our posts. Some of us just do not have the time to travel hundreds of miles and spend a day or more for what should be a simple task.:yes:

ScarMace
10-07-2013, 01:23 PM

First off I agree I live in the biggest city in the world with mass transportation. .second I am 10 miles from bay jarbor moter sports and there is no train to or from staten island. ( there is a bus). Third this is where I bought my spyder from and there service dept is not that great it takes 2 weeks for an oil change. Thats why I am always looking for a good service dept. I am willing to travel.. I also heard crossbay does not have a great service dept either..I feel like if u live in the suburbs u can find an honest respectable dealer but in major city u can't.. what's up with that.

Bob Denman
10-07-2013, 01:29 PM
:agree: Vote with your feet; the ones who want to survive, will notice it and act accordingly! :thumbup:

ScarMace
10-07-2013, 01:35 PM

I agree:thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
A pretty intense discussion for a Monday morning.

One post above brought up the subject that :spyder2: get worked on by the lowest person on the totem pole because most dealers don't like "messing" with them.

I have a slightly different take. I am thinking that a lot of the people working on the :ani29:'s don't have the requisite smarts to do it in the first place. A lot of dealers start their mechanics on oil changes, putting air in tires, etc. and then the mechanics work their way up the ladder. Sending mechanics to approved courses costs a lot of money, and a lot of dealers are not willing to make the investment in people when there is no guarantee that they will be around a month from now.

The :spyder2: has many sophisticated systems to keep it running and it is prone to getting screwed up if the people working on them are not very good. EG. Poorly set up :ani29:'s can be a problem for the new owner.

I have a pretty good dealer, but they went through three service managers and a few mechanics just this season. And yes, I did have an issue or two with the quality of service.

Magdave
10-07-2013, 02:07 PM
:agree: Vote with your feet; the ones who want to survive, will notice it and act accordingly! :thumbup:
Seriously Bob? I can't walk from the Atlantic Ocean to Lamonster's or Pitbull"s I got bad knees and ankles.:roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-07-2013, 02:17 PM
They aren't the only good ones in the country... :thumbup:

Deanna777
10-07-2013, 02:45 PM
i only have 4 dealers around my area 2 are owned by the same person who admits he doesn't have a good spyder service dept yet, 1 that lost a honda dealership due to stuff i shouldn't mention so i stay away from him and my dealer, so out of all of them and not having to travel close to 100 miles for a good dealer and having to have someone to take me back home i stick with the dealer i bought the bike from.I only have 3 dealerships in Vermont, ( 2 of the dealerships are within 45 minutes to 1 hour where I live), and the other dealership is 2 hours away. I can go to New Hampshire, but that is only 2hours away 1 way, and 2 hours return trip. So I wish their were more dealerships in Vermont. Deanna777

Magdave
10-07-2013, 02:56 PM
They aren't the only good ones in the country... :thumbup:
Look at Myrtle beach on a map and tell me where is the one I can walk to? :yikes:

Bob Denman
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Who said walk? Don't you have a perfectly good thumb, and an honest face?? ;)

operator64
10-07-2013, 05:28 PM
I only have 3 dealerships in Vermont, ( 2 of the dealerships are within 45 minutes to 1 hour where I live), and the other dealership is 2 hours away. I can go to New Hampshire, but that is only 2hours away 1 way, and 2 hours return trip. So I wish their were more dealerships in Vermont. Deanna777 My closest dealer is 209 miles one way, the next closet 2 are 300 miles one way in Oklahoma and Texas the next closest 3 are approximately 330 miles away one in Kansas one in Colorado and one in New Mexico