PDA

View Full Version : The numbers are in and they are good.

DR Buck
10-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Went on a riding event this morning. It was planned as a group ride from my place of employment which is one of those government buracracies. I was thinking I would be the only Spyder to show up and have to take all the digs from the Harley guys. Well when I pulled into the meet up point, there were 4 other Spyders already there! A total of 5. :yes: What a surprise. So of the 30 rides there 17% were Spyders. :yes: 1 RT, 1 ST, and 3 RSs.

bullant12
10-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Went on a riding event this morning. It was planned as a group ride from my place of employment which is one of those government buracracies. I was thinking I would be the only Spyder to show up and have to take all the digs from the Harley guys. Well when I pulled into the meet up point, there were 4 other Spyders already there! A total of 5. :yes: What a surprise. So of the 30 rides there 17% were Spyders. :yes: 1 RT, 1 ST, and 3 RSs.

What agency? You can PM me if you don't want to leak it...:roflblack:

Chupaca
10-05-2013, 03:09 PM
nice to have company...but aren't you closed down do to the congressional playground squawble..?? :roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-05-2013, 05:57 PM
If you can believe the news; they're calling back some more workers, and authorizing back pay too!

DR Buck
10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
What agency? You can PM me if you don't want to leak it...:roflblack:

I can't tell you. If I do I'll have to have you and 3 generations of your family erased. And don't get any ideas about calling and warning them. I'll be listening. :roflblack:

Bob D. I'm a contractor and am funded thru October. We'll see what happens between now and then.

wolfee
10-05-2013, 08:55 PM
My government employer deemed all of in the field offices as essential so I'm working without pay until there's a budget. Since now they are looking to pay everyone that was furloughed kinda wished I was given the time off to ride.

Bill

SpyderAnn01
10-05-2013, 08:58 PM
My government employer deemed all of in the field offices as essential so I'm working without pay until there's a budget. Since now they are looking to pay everyone that was furloughed kinda wished I was given the time off to ride.

Bill

You got the short end of the stick on that deal.

rtotten
10-05-2013, 09:07 PM
wolfee, I think you and I work for the same agency. I too, wish I had some riding time.:banghead: Have to take Thursday off though, have a colonoscopy scheduled. Not looking forward to the prep, but the procedure isn't bad, just a good nap. Been through about 5 of them.

jwmcclellan
10-06-2013, 05:46 AM
I too was looking forward to having forced time off due to the furlough, but my agency deemed me as essential, so I got put on the exempt list and have to work still. I am still getting paid, which is a good thing, but lost the overtime and shift pay than comes from working a shiftwork schedule. Now the problem is that I can't take leave or get sick, because I'll be taken off the exempt list, and since HR isn't working there is no one to put me back on the list once the vacation is over. I'm hoping these people can finally get it together and end the furlough, because I have leave coming up to see one of the best bands in the world - Mnozil Brass. They are only doing 6 shows in the U.S., and most of them are on the west coast, with me being on the east coast.

Bob Denman
10-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Good Luck guys! :thumbup:
As a taxpayer; I think it's horrendous that you guys take on in the neck, while the morons who have caused all of this get off without a nick... :gaah:
That's MORONS... on BOTH sides of the Political fence! :cus:

Cruzr Joe
10-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Good Luck guys! :thumbup:
As a taxpayer; I think it's horrendous that you guys take on in the neck, while the morons who have caused all of this get off without a nick... :gaah:
That's MORONS... on BOTH sides of the Political fence! :cus:

Bob

I know so little about secret stuff that if i told you everything i knew, i would have to trim your dogs toenails and throw a stick at a tree in your neighborhood

Cruzr Joe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bruiser
10-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I still can't talk about some of the stuff I was involved in while on active duty. And I've been out since 1989.

Bob, I agree with with the morons statement.

http://www.hark.com/clips/nsvdjzkfdz-what-a-maroon

DR Buck
10-06-2013, 02:02 PM
This thread has been hijacked by idol furloughed government employees!

ValCruzSpyder
10-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I just received my callback notification. Looks like my "furlough rides" have to be put on hold.:ohyea::roflblack:

bullant12
10-06-2013, 06:54 PM
I can't tell you. If I do I'll have to have you and 3 generations of your family erased. And don't get any ideas about calling and warning them. I'll be listening. :roflblack:

We must work for the same one...:clap:

otter28169
10-06-2013, 07:04 PM

I didn't think BRP had sold that many RS models????:shocked: The way I hear it, they can only sell RTs.