PDA

View Full Version : New member bulldog bob

bulldog bob
10-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi, I have just joined your forum today and enjoyed reading lots of the comments. I have just purchased a 2012 RT Limited Edition (used) and noticed on the right lower side, there is no honeycomb grill covering an opening which looks through to the fan. There is a grill on the opposite side. I had not noticed this was missing when I first bought the Spyder and assumed I had lost it on a bumpy road I travelled recently. So I called the local dealer and was advised that it does not come with one??? Anyone else noticed theirs missing? Just curious...I will stop in at the dealer and check out their floor machines. Thanks' Bob

Silvervette05
10-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi, I have just joined your forum today and enjoyed reading lots of the comments. I have just purchased a 2012 RT Limited Edition (used) and noticed on the right lower side, there is no honeycomb grill covering an opening which looks through to the fan. There is a grill on the opposite side. I had not noticed this was missing when I first bought the Spyder and assumed I had lost it on a bumpy road I travelled recently. So I called the local dealer and was advised that it does not come with one??? Anyone else noticed theirs missing? Just curious...I will stop in at the dealer and check out their floor machines. Thanks' Bob

Welcome, I can't help you on the bike I have a 08 RS, But welcome again

bullant12
10-04-2013, 02:12 PM

:welcome: & :congrats:

I will save you the task of doing a search... but yes, the honeycomb grill on the right side is not there RT 2010-2013. One vendor (kewlmetal) here sells a similar one, and it will make it's OEM apperance for the 2014 (according to reports).

ARtraveler
10-04-2013, 02:25 PM
:welcome: You have passed the first quiz as a new :spyder2: owner. All the :ani29:'s from day one have never had a right side grill. They say it is to improve air circulation.

When I first bought my 2008 I took a stealth trip back to my dealer to check out the other ones on the floor. No grills either.

Enjoy the site. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
10-04-2013, 02:29 PM
:welcome: I am sure you will love your new RT.

spydaman60
10-04-2013, 02:30 PM
welcome to the spyderlovers forum. it's worth a wealth of knowledge and a few laughs in between!:thumbup:

bulldog bob
10-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi Spyder lovers, thanks' for the prompt response to my enquiry, you saved me a "stealth trip" to the dealer.....

Dan McNally
10-04-2013, 02:40 PM
:welcome:, you've come to the right place for all things :spyder2:

boborgera
10-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Too many Bobs, [Your not a southpaw are you]?? Anyway's Welcome..

My 08 didn't come with one on the right side, So i just kicked out the left one to equalize the
look, And also to stop all the questions from bystanders saying ..'

''HEY BUDDY'' Looks like you lost a grill...:roflblack:

GloryRyders
10-04-2013, 04:37 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your "new to you" :spyder:...............Ryde Safe. Check around, their are some aftermarket options for the grill.:yes:

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi Spyder lovers, thanks' for the prompt response to my enquiry, you saved me a "stealth trip" to the dealer.....
:shocked: But that trip would give you a chance to pick up an accessories catalogue, and start shopping!! :2thumbs:

:welcome: :congrats:

d.o.spyder-rts
10-04-2013, 05:13 PM
:congrats:on your spyder purchase and:welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

jerpinoy
10-04-2013, 05:36 PM
:welcome: to the fun forum but most of all to all great members who keep us on our toes.

Chupaca
10-04-2013, 06:07 PM
you haven't lost anything...perhaps your mind..!!:roflblack: Welcome to the roadster world and the best site for all things spyder and pretty much anything else. Glad you found us, always good to have new members cause it makes us old members....enjoy your ryde..!! :ohyea:

Netminder
10-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Welcome and enjoy the (S)miles!:thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
10-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Bob

Another vendor, Spyderpops, Sells matching stainless steel grills that look beautiful on a Spyder

Cruzr Joe

ABQAndy
10-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the group, I asked the same question to my dealer just after I bought my RT. I guess we are not alone, most owners ask the same question when they really start looking at their new Spyder!

rugbyruth
10-05-2013, 02:20 AM
just wanted to also interduce myself as a new(2 me)owner of a used 2012 (only 1102 miles on her) RT limited Spyder. got it for a song and the gentleman who had it did some up grades on her. can't wait to ride her Woohoo:yes:

Captain Fin
10-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Wealth of information on this site. Enjoy your Spyder.

Lamonster
10-05-2013, 06:43 AM
:welcome:Glad to have you with us. :doorag:

Don in E Texas
10-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Two new Spyder owners on this thread (Bob and Ruth). Welcome to the best Spyder Forum -- and great folks with only one Grinch (I'm trying to improve).

Don

(Still working on my oldest daughter to get off two wheels and go Spyder)

KAPike
10-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Welcome Bulldog Bob
I think you bought the greatest year RT to date. I can say that until the 2014 start landing.
I agree with the comments regarding the SpyderPops grills they look very OEM and the answer to a question BRP didn't have a response for.

A couple words of advise. Keep the RPM's up there. Anytime you're below 4000 down shift and don't up shift before 5-5500 RPM's. These Rotax motors like high RPM's

alpacaguy
10-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Bob and Ruth, welcome to the forum and Spyder ownership. You're going to love both. The 2012 RTs are very reliable models. I love mine and have had zero problems. If you need any information about a Spyder problem, somebody on this forum will know the answer. If they don't know, they'll make something up that's actually believable. Not really, this is a very knowledgeable group and they can steer you in the right direction. Enjoy...

Lilly
10-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Welcome to SPYDER world>>on my 3rd spyder>>u will love riding your new toy:welcome:

retirednick
10-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful rydes that are these Spyders. If the weather holds up, some of the group from Edmonton would love a good trip to Sylvan Lake. Maybe we can group up.