PDA

View Full Version : More heat issues with ST

bamaryder
10-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Brought our ST limited in for oil change and for recall for heat issues. Told tech that we have used 2 qts of oil since last service and he said he would check it out. Found that it might be a blown head gasket or a valve cover gasket. Also found that the fuel vaporizer has started melting. They will have to keep it now until they have the new parts in. We have really list our confidence in this new Spyder. I am sure that our problems are not over with. This heat issue is not over with yet I am sure. I hate it too because the Spyder is such a great ride!

Chupaca
10-04-2013, 12:34 PM
the evap canister is one of the items in the recall kit. If you have a blown head or valve cover gasket it was not about the heat issue. Sorry they are another dealer with no parts in stock. I would call around and see if you can find the parts for a shorter wait. I feel BRP doesn't have a good stock of parts either....jmo..:thumbup:

flamingobabe
10-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Man...sorry to hear this...I feel your pain...seems like every time I ride my ST another problem surfaces

SNOOPY
10-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Does it smoke real bad? If 2 quarts are coming out of the engine I would think it would either be smoking bad, or you would have a dripping mess under the bike. :dontknow:

Sorry to hear about the issues, none with mine yet.

ARtraveler
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Hoo Boy--here we go again. Bad valve cover gaskets should = oil puddle under the Spyder. When my dealer did my last valve check, they failed to install a new gasket. Result--$800 repairs on them.

Don't think this should be happening on a new machine though. Somethings wrong.

bamaryder
10-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Does it smoke real bad? If 2 quarts are coming out of the engine I would think it would either be smoking bad, or you would have a dripping mess under the bike. :dontknow:

Sorry to hear about the issues, none with mine yet.

No it it is not leaking or smoking. We have just had to add 2 qts. Since our last oil change. When they took the panels off it was wet with oil. They aren't quite sure from where.

SNOOPY
10-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Two quarts of oil is a lot not to be seen outside the panels?

hope they get you straight soon!

Joe G
10-09-2013, 03:46 PM
No it it is not leaking or smoking.

When they took the panels off it was wet with oil. They aren't quite sure from where.

Not leaking but the panels are "wet with oil"?

Seems to me that it IS leaking... just not making a puddle on the ground. :dontknow:

Highwayman2013
10-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Oil overfilled?:bdh:Sorry!