PDA

View Full Version : New Windshield

IdleUp
07-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Hey have you or any of the users tried these windshields - the guys says they are 3" shorter than the tall windshields:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180261265821&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

Thanks

flyjake
07-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes, I have that one, (and he said it is 3" taller than the touring windshield.) I like it a lot! In fact I had it on for the homecoming trip from Lake George to Valcourt and back again. That extra three inches is just enough. The rain was directly up and away because of the nice flip at the top. I am 5'7" and it's perfect for me.

IdleUp
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey thanks for the reply - when you're sitting in the seat - where is the windshield in relation to eye level and which color did you go with?

Thanks

flyjake
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I have the light gray and it's perfect with my silver Spyder. When I am seated properly, using a 1" riser, I am looking above the windshield, (as you really should be). If I draw a straight horizontal line from my eyes to a distant point, the top of the windshield is about 5" below that horizontal line. That flip at the top directs the airflow to just above my helmet. I've had no buffeting on my helmet with this windshield. I also have the F1, but that blocks all the airflow, and during the summer, I like some air flowing around me. I will put the F1 on during the fall and early spring months. (I live in N.E.). Hope this helps.

IdleUp
07-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Cool, I just ordered it - Thanks for your help!