PDA

View Full Version : 2014 on Showroom Floor

DJFaninTN
10-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Dealer says they have a 2014 RT Limited on the floor for sale

http://sanmarcos.craigslist.org/mcd/4107623159.html

lyonsden
10-03-2013, 10:52 PM
If you click the link in the ad it says it is no longer available. That didn't last long. Alright, who bought it. :thumbup:

Chupaca
10-03-2013, 11:27 PM
makes you wonder if it was ever even there..on craigs list..!! :dontknow:

finless
10-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Dealers advertise on Craigs list all the time out here in Cali!
In fact like 95% of all Spyder for sale ads on Criags list are dealers.
I wish I could find a way to filter them out back when I was looking

But...... Hopefully it went to Ann as her loaner!!!!! :pray:

Bob

MrLooney
10-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Isn't that the color of Bob's new Spyder? maybe it is his? :roflblack::roflblack:

Come On Come On Bob.. is it your bike now? :bbq: :cheers: :bbq: :cheers:

SpyderAnn01
10-04-2013, 01:20 AM
No, Finless, it isn't coming to me as a loaner :roflblack: but I did send an email to my customer service rep at BRP to find out how it is possible that this dealer has a vehicle for sale that hasn't been manufactured yet. I would suspect that this is one of the demo vehicles from the dealer show and it can not be sold.

Good news is that a loaner is on its way to me but it is a used RT. And I am so excited I can't stand it. You .won't see me posting much after it gets here next week. I'll be out riding.

finless
10-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Good news is that a loaner is on its way to me but it is a used RT. And I am so excited I can't stand it. You .won't see me posting much after it gets here next week. I'll be out riding.

COOL!

So it's another 2013 then for now?

I know you want to ride but do you want a reliable ride? Just asking ;)

The amount you ride, BRP sending you a 2013 might be asking for a replay! Kinda risky ;)
Folks, to some extent I am kidding here.. Well at least a little!

Congrats Ann..... I hope to see you one day on a ride on the West Coast no matter what it is!

Bob

SpyderAnn01
10-04-2013, 01:45 AM
COOL!

So it's another 2013 then for now?

I know you want to ride but do you want a reliable ride? Just asking ;)

The amount you ride, BRP sending you a 2013 might be asking for a replay! Kinda risky ;)
Folks, to some extent I am kidding here.. Well at least a little!

Congrats Ann..... I hope to see you one day on a ride on the West Coast no matter what it is!

Bob

Bob, the loaner is a used 2011 RTS SM5 so I am pretty hopeful that it will not have any issues.

operator64
10-04-2013, 02:10 AM
Bob, the loaner is a used 2011 RTS SM5 so I am pretty hopeful that it will not have any issues.
congratulations on getting mobile again, the time should move by a bit faster until your 14 gets delivered.

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Send us a picture of you heading out onto the road with it!! :congrats: :yes::yes::yes:

bullant12
10-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Well... that is a dealer showroom... question is where? The adverticing "dealer" may have snagged it from another website (maybe a Canada dealer) and claimed it as available.:dontknow:

:congrats: Ann... glad you will be on the road with a :spyder2: while your new baby is being built!:yes:

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Roll a demo unit onto your showroom floor, and pop a picture... :banghead:

boborgera
10-04-2013, 07:48 AM
What some dealers do is, Advertise a unavailable unit, Then when someone inquirers about it ,They tell them that' That one ''Just'' sold, But if you give us a deposit we'll gladly put you on top of the list for the next one....
When ever it comes in....

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 10:00 AM
:gaah: Ain't it fun? :banghead:

bullant12
10-04-2013, 10:09 AM
What some dealers do is, Advertise a unavailable unit, Then when someone inquirers about it ,They tell them that' That one ''Just'' sold, But if you give us a deposit we'll gladly put you on top of the list for the next one....
When ever it comes in....

Almost a "bait and switch" program... more like a "bait and wait in line" tactic!:sour:

finless
10-04-2013, 10:18 AM

Ah! You will be riding the same thing I have :)

Bob

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Bob,
If you think that you be needin' some spare parts... :joke: :roflblack:

finless
10-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Bob,
If you think that you be needin' some spare parts... :joke: :roflblack:

Actually I think there will be plenty of 13's around to use as hanger queen's for parts! :roflblack:

Bob

Ronbo
10-04-2013, 11:26 AM
No, Finless, it isn't coming to me as a loaner :roflblack: but I did send an email to my customer service rep at BRP to find out how it is possible that this dealer has a vehicle for sale that hasn't been manufactured yet. I would suspect that this is one of the demo vehicles from the dealer show and it can not be sold.

Great Ann you have waited too long! Time for some fun!

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5u133P1FX4

Oldmanzues
10-04-2013, 12:44 PM

Glad to hear, you may be back on three wheels.
I still say, they should have given your choice of models in any custom color you wanted and a loaner a whole lot quicker
Oldmanzues

lyonsden
10-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Well... that is a dealer showroom... question is where? The adverticing "dealer" may have snagged it from another website (maybe a Canada dealer) and claimed it as available.:dontknow:

:congrats: Ann... glad you will be on the road with a :spyder2: while your new baby is being built!:yes: The link to the site still works. It is a dealer in New Braunfels, TX called Wood's Cycle Country.

ARtraveler
10-04-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5u133P1FX4

I like the sound as it winds out. Also think the silver is pretty nice. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
10-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Okay here is the skinny on the Texas dealer and the 2014. Some of the machines from the Dealer Show went to the top dealers to use as demos and for test drives. While the dealer in TX does have the machine on his floor this particular Spyder is not for sale. There is one in Ontario (that a Spyderlover rode yesterday) one in California the one in Texas and a few others scattered around. So if you are lucky and live close to one of these dealers you can actually sit on one and ride one and see for yourself if you like Cognac or not.

Also, actual production is starting on Monday one week earlier than they had actually planned. :clap::clap:

Tony99
10-04-2013, 02:44 PM
I saw one in Kodiak Tenn near Gatlinburg Tenn at Mountain motorsports. They are going to use it for demo. This was last week

ARtraveler
10-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Okay here is the skinny on the Texas dealer and the 2014. Some of the machines from the Dealer Show went to the top dealers to use as demos and for test drives. While the dealer in TX does have the machine on his floor this particular Spyder is not for sale. There is one in Ontario (that a Spyderlover rode yesterday) one in California the one in Texas and a few others scattered around. So if you are lucky and live close to one of these dealers you can actually sit on one and ride one and see for yourself if you like Cognac or not.

Also, actual production is starting on Monday one week earlier than they had actually planned. :clap::clap:

Sounds like your the go to person for up to date information. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

bullant12
10-04-2013, 02:52 PM

:bbq::popcorn:

SpyderAnn01
10-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Sounds like your the go to person for up to date information. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

As you know I am anxiously awaiting a 2014 and have been working with BRP customer service to see when a 2014 RTS SM6 will be built so when I saw a 2014 on a dealer's floor I sent my guy an email and asked him what was up with that. He called me today and told me about the demo bikes at the dealers and also about the production being moved up. Only thing was they changed the production schedule but that didn't change the date that they will build the first SM.

DJFaninTN
10-04-2013, 04:33 PM
can't believe I was the first one to spot it :shocked:. wonder if said dealer got his hand slapped?

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
:shocked: He should; for trying to incite a riot!! :shocked: :D

rugbyruth
10-05-2013, 03:07 AM

you deserve to just ride and ride and ride. we will see you down the road with a big smile i bet. Have some fun:thumbup: