PDA

View Full Version : I'm In Trouble Again

rtotten
10-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Over Labor Day weekend. I took advantage of BRPs sale. The wife has had a 2010 RT-SE5 AC for a couple years and has loved it. She bought it used with just over 5K miles on it. I was into my Toyota Hilux. I have had a few bikes over the years, ejoyed them all. Just never thought, I could afford what I wanted, I had always said, The day I retire, I am going to go buy a Harley, they just sound so cool. But as the years have past, talked to a few guys, they all seem to say Harleys are nice , but they all require lots of maintence, buy a Honda. So I started looking at them. Well, I am a short guy only 5'6". So that presents a problem. I can't stradle most bikes and touch the ground. So when my wife brought this Can Am thing home, three years ago, I just watched her for a couple years. She is about as my same height and doesn't seem to have any trouble with it.

So we have just about all of our bills paid off. I said either I am going to quit work, or I am going to buy a toy. She said there is a Can An sale this Labor Day weekend. Well, I ended up getting a 2013 RT-SE5 Limited in the Black Currant with a cargo Trailer. They gave me a terriffic deal. When I went to pick it up they had the recall notice done. I bought the shop shop manual, and full cover.

Since getting it, I have bought SpyderPops missing belt guard, Block off plate, Bumpskid, Rivco Trunk Mounted Flag Holders, and but not least yesterday I ordered an AMR Racing Stars and Stripes with an Eagle on the Frunk.

The CFO is about fit to be tied... I haven't mentioned that I want to get BajaRons SwayBars, and heim joints and new Elkna shocks for both bikes..... lol... maybe I should wait...I only have 325 miles on mine...... Bob has nothing on me!
:yes::yes::yes:

DJFaninTN
10-03-2013, 10:16 AM
you only live once and you cannot take it with you!

congrats on the new ride and post up a pic of the HiLux. Those are great trucks.

spyder3
10-03-2013, 10:20 AM
congrats! As long as there are toys around, it will be hard to stay out of debt:roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-03-2013, 10:31 AM
:congrats: Now the fun can REALLY get started! :yes::ohyea::yes:

MrLooney
10-03-2013, 11:37 AM
In what I read it sounded like your a little $$$ strapped but then you go on to say you want the Elka Shocks. I am sure they are great and really help out in the riding performance of the Roadsters. But there are cheaper ways you can go. Have you thought about shock relocaters or RT shocks?
Dan.

Chupaca
10-03-2013, 11:49 AM
welcome to the roadster world (of your own). Your off to a great start but you may have to slow down a bit with the farkeling. Maybe after your break in service......:roflblack:

lwrydr
10-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Toys for boys....(or old guys) turned 71 today and got my RT-Limited early (July) or my b-day.

Bob Denman
10-03-2013, 11:58 AM
:congrats:

Cruzr Joe
10-03-2013, 12:00 PM
:agree:

bullant12
10-03-2013, 12:06 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

you only live once and you cannot take it with you!

congrats on the new ride and post up a pic of the HiLux. Those are great trucks.

:agree: Not many HiLux around... Love to see pics of it!

jerpinoy
10-03-2013, 12:17 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: fun is always comes with a smile:);):clap:.

God Bless and Ride safe.

rtotten
10-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Several years ago, my Dad who will by 93 in Dec loves to fish, and is pretty frail, was having and still has a hard time getting down to the shoreline to fish. So I bought a small smokercraft boat with a mercury 20Hp motor on it. So when ever he wants to go fish we go. Well, I was happy I had this old Toyota Hilux 4X4, with the 22R engine. It would pull the boat up over the mountains but it was slow. We went to Island Park, Idaho for a week about 5 years ago now. It was a long slow trip going up all those hills. I didn't mind a bit. Drove the wife crazy. When we got home she told me to start looking for a newer Toyota with a 6 cylinder. So after searching for about 8 months, I bought a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Extened Cab Sr5 TRD 4X4 with all the bells and whisltes you could get on it. Anyways I sold my Hilux and I wish I could have kept it. I had it for 17 years.

ARtraveler
10-03-2013, 01:06 PM
:congrats: on your new ryde. I also note that the farkle virus has struck :roflblack: Enjoy. :thumbup:

rtotten
10-03-2013, 09:34 PM
We are not strapped for cash. Course we are not floating in it either. I was unaware of all the other options that you presented. Thank you. Dilemma's now. :banghead: Snow predicted overnight. Gotta move south!

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Find a duplex, and rent the other side of it to me! :thumbup: ;)

PW2013STL
10-04-2013, 10:16 AM
In what I read it sounded like your a little $$$ strapped but then you go on to say you want the Elka Shocks. I am sure they are great and really help out in the riding performance of the Roadsters. But there are cheaper ways you can go. Have you thought about shock relocaters or RT shocks?
Dan.

????
Since he has a RT-Limited doesn't he already have RT shocks.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Maybe he meant to stick an "f", in front of, "or"... :dontknow: