PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my Bajaron swaybar!

3 Wheel Addict
10-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I just ordered my 13 RT-S bar yesterday from our sponsor Sypderpops. I hope it's as nice as everybody say's it is cause my wife is kinda freaked by the ride, she say's it feels like it's trying to throw her off of it. I got her a set of armrests but they are not on yet. I also have a goodie list started but i'm trying to sell my ISCI handbrake kit to generate the funds for that list! What's up with the swaybar end links? Some have stated that they are breaking?? I did see that they are plastic and I read somewhere that the later bikes have updated links, is there a way to tell??

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Lamont posted about which links are suspect.
I think if they've got a "4" and a dot; you should see your dealer about getting them replaced.
Or just order some billet ones from Ron! :thumbup:

3 Wheel Addict
10-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Lamont posted about which links are suspect.
I think if they've got a "4" and a dot; you should see your dealer about getting them replaced.
Or just order some billet ones from Ron! :thumbup:
I looked at mine and they have a "4" and a "green" paint mark on one end.

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure if the color green was good, or not... :shocked:
Does anybody else in here remember which markings were on the bad sets of links? :dontknow:

EDIT:
I found it for you! 77014

3 Wheel Addict
10-02-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure if the color green was good, or not... :shocked:
Does anybody else in here remember which markings were on the bad sets of links? :dontknow:

EDIT:
I found it for you! 77014
Thanks! So i'm good with that green paint dot?

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 04:33 PM
I believe that the green paint is your "good to go!" Signal... :thumbup:

Chupaca
10-02-2013, 04:52 PM
but if in doubt or leery...Ron's replacement hiem joints are reasonably priced and quite easy to install. I changed mine even though they were good ones. I'm old fashion and feel better that I have steel up there rather than a composite material. just me...!! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I did too! :2thumbs:
those steel beauties looked righteous!! :firstplace:

Copperman
10-02-2013, 05:57 PM
I hope it's as nice as everybody say's it is cause my wife is kinda freaked by the ride, she say's it feels like it's trying to throw her off of it. ??

That's not a good sign that she feels like she's going to fly off the back of the bike. Is she a new passenger? If so, you should teach her how to lean in the turns. She'll have a much more enjoyable ride and feel planted in the seat. It takes a little bit of learning to be a passenger. Good luck.

3 Wheel Addict
10-02-2013, 10:21 PM
That's not a good sign that she feels like she's going to fly off the back of the bike. Is she a new passenger? If so, you should teach her how to lean in the turns. She'll have a much more enjoyable ride and feel planted in the seat. It takes a little bit of learning to be a passenger. Good luck.
No she's not new to riding but the Spyder handling will take some time to get use to. She understands the "lean into it" thing but I think she really wanted me to get another Goldwing. If I can't get my issues resolved with it I just may go back that direction. Mine has a laundry list of things going wrong.

Mr. Bill
10-02-2013, 11:01 PM
I ordered Rons sway bar and the links. My wife asked me "why on a new bike". Of course I immediately said it was a safety item. Aren't all mods that we add to our rides safety items. I received the bar and the links and got right to the installation. Whole installation process took less than two hours of unhurried time. I then went for a quick ride. You can feel the difference immediately even going down the road in a straight line. Where you really feel the improvements is on the twisties. It is like you are on rails. So next I take my wife out for a ride and we head for the twisties. First sharp bend she nudges me with a smile on her face...... She notices the dramatic change in handling as well. Debbie says she always liked the spyder ride, now she loves it. "The Ron's Sway Bar is a winner". I might add that I have been riding a variety of bikes for nearly 50 years. Debbie has been riding with me over 45 years. Debbie has spent more time on the back of our Spyder this year than she has in the past 45 years on my other bikes. I guess the saying is correct "a happy wife makes for a happy life".
Your wife should really like the sway bar and feel an improvement in the ride on the corners.

MrLooney
10-02-2013, 11:46 PM
I ordered Rons sway bar and the links. My wife asked me "why on a new bike". Of course I immediately said it was a safety item. Aren't all mods that we add to our rides safety items. I received the bar and the links and got right to the installation. Whole installation process took less than two hours of unhurried time. I then went for a quick ride. You can feel the difference immediately even going down the road in a straight line. Where you really feel the improvements is on the twisties. It is like you are on rails. So next I take my wife out for a ride and we head for the twisties. First sharp bend she nudges me with a smile on her face...... She notices the dramatic change in handling as well. Debbie says she always liked the spyder ride, now she loves it. "The Ron's Sway Bar is a winner". I might add that I have been riding a variety of bikes for nearly 50 years. Debbie has been riding with me over 45 years. Debbie has spent more time on the back of our Spyder this year than she has in the past 45 years on my other bikes. I guess the saying is correct "a happy wife makes for a happy life".
Your wife should really like the sway bar and feel an improvement in the ride on the corners.

Mr. Bill

It is always good to have a happy wife.