PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION ARKANSAS SPYDER OWNERS

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 09:34 AM
I, and 1 or 2 others on the Arkansas Forum have posted several items regarding rides, meetings etc. we have had over 1,000 people look at the posts recently and less than 20 responses, what is it going to take to get the people of Arkansas to participate on this forum???

this could be a great medium for us to get together to discuss issues, rides, information on upcoming events etc.

Please participate if you want this to work, even if you see something that you are not interested in, just respond with a simple note so we know that you have been made aware of it.

Thanks
Cruzr Joe

bullant12
10-02-2013, 09:40 AM
We have the same issue. Must be a Mid-South thing.
I send out emails, have a Facebook group setup and use a website call Meetup for this. I get pleanty of responses from Middle TN, North Alabama and Georgia, but hardly anyone from West TN.
Try using other medias like I mentioned above. At least you can say you are trying.

Dan McNally
10-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Not on the subject of this post . . . but, at the risk of being called a hijacker . . . I'll be in Little Rock next week . . . arriving at the Embassy Suites on Financial Centre Parkway on Thursday, 10 Oct,and checking out on Monday, the 14th, to attend a military reunion. If any Spyderlovers members are in the area, I'd be happy to buy you a beer (or a coffee or soda) and say hi (unless two or three hundred of you show up . . . then its BYOB!) I'll be in my cage, unfortunately, because I don't think I am up for two 1,000 mile rides with just a long weekend in between . . .

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Not on the subject of this post . . . but, at the risk of being called a hijacker . . . I'll be in Little Rock next week . . . arriving at the Embassy Suites on Financial Centre Parkway on Thursday, 10 Oct,and checking out on Monday, the 14th, to attend a military reunion. If any Spyderlovers members are in the area, I'd be happy to buy you a beer (or a coffee or soda) and say hi (unless two or three hundred of you show up . . . then its BYOB!) I'll be in my cage, unfortunately, because I don't think I am up for two 1,000 mile rides with just a long weekend in between . . .

Hayfield

I would love to meet up with you, except we will be in Branson Mo. with the Mogang that weekend.

Cruzr Joe

Dan McNally
10-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Joe, have a great time! I am increasing my rides, little by little, until I figure out a safe daily limit . . . hopefully, I'll be getting out that way for events once I know my limits and can plan a safe trip. I'd rather be on my Spyder, anyhow! The Camry is comfortable . . . but nowhere as much fun!

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Joe, have a great time! I am increasing my rides, little by little, until I figure out a safe daily limit . . . hopefully, I'll be getting out that way for events once I know my limits and can plan a safe trip. I'd rather be on my Spyder, anyhow! The Camry is comfortable . . . but nowhere as much fun!

Be careful out there and ride safe.

Cruzr Joe

FaranH
10-03-2013, 06:33 AM
I appreciate your efforts at organizing rides and get-togethers, Joe! Stick with it. Maybe they'll come along eventually. See you in Branson! :yes:

DJFaninTN
10-03-2013, 08:16 AM
We have the same issue. Must be a Mid-South thing.
I send out emails, have a Facebook group setup and use a website call Meetup for this. I get pleanty of responses from Middle TN, North Alabama and Georgia, but hardly anyone from West TN.
Try using other medias like I mentioned above. At least you can say you are trying.

I will be with you my brother once we get a bike! :yes:

DJFaninTN
10-03-2013, 08:18 AM
I, and 1 or 2 others on the Arkansas Forum have posted several items regarding rides, meetings etc. we have had over 1,000 people look at the posts recently and less than 20 responses, what is it going to take to get the people of Arkansas to participate on this forum???

this could be a great medium for us to get together to discuss issues, rides, information on upcoming events etc.

Please participate if you want this to work, even if you see something that you are not interested in, just respond with a simple note so we know that you have been made aware of it.

Thanks
Cruzr Joe

I think perhaps that some semi famous guy's so called accident scarred a lot of folks off from going and "riding" in Arkansas.

Cruzr Joe
10-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I appreciate your efforts at organizing rides and get-togethers, Joe! Stick with it. Maybe they'll come along eventually. See you in Branson! :yes:

faranH

Great, glad to hear that you can make it. We are going to get these folks pumped up one way or the other.

Cruzr Joe

ArkTerry
10-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Your efforts are greatly appreciated! I used to make most of the rides back in 2011 and some 2012, then due to various things it has seemed my schedule, weather or where the ride will be just have not aligned. I have been reading all the posts, but not replying since not attending, but will make a reply in future either way.

Cruzr Joe
10-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Your efforts are greatly appreciated! I used to make most of the rides back in 2011 and some 2012, then due to various things it has seemed my schedule, weather or where the ride will be just have not aligned. I have been reading all the posts, but not replying since not attending, but will make a reply in future either way.

ArkTerry

Thank you sir.

Ride safe

Cruzr Joe