PDA

View Full Version : Spyderfest 2014

SpyderRx
10-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Can't wait for an official announcement so I can book a room for my first spyderfest. Didn't get to go this year due to my son being born!

Biosafena
10-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah! Someone has to have some insider information on the dates! I need to get ASAP so I can get my schedule requests in with my employer....or it's curtains for me!

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....

2ndChildhood
10-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I can't wait for SpyderFest 2014, I had a fantastic time at my first one, SpyderFest 2013. It was life changing.

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SPYDERFUZZ
10-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Dumb question where will it be or is the same place all the time? Hope tp go next year. :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks

Trickie Dick
10-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Dumb question where will it be or is the same place all the time? Hope tp go next year. :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks

Yep, same place now every year or at least until Len decides to expand his Spyder dealer empire. I'm betting on a week later this year though. :dontknow:

2ndChildhood
10-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Joe, what hotel?

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Joanie posted a while back that plans were now being made...
...And nothing more since! :dontknow:

Wiredux
10-02-2013, 07:26 AM
In with talking to Len I believe they are going to be talking about it the weekend of the Annual MoGang ride the weekend of the 12th of Oct.

bullant12
10-02-2013, 07:28 AM
It is usually the last week in April. Springfield/Ozark area.
I understand that MoGang is riding to Ozark next week and start plans, but the dates and site are 97% official.

Biosafena
10-02-2013, 07:51 AM
I understand that MoGang is riding to Ozark next week and start plans, but the dates and site are 97% official.

It's that 3% that I just know will trip me up. If I put in for the week that it usually is, they will move it to a different week. I usually end up like Charlie Brown when it comes to planning things without having solid details. Just don't want the football yanked out from under me. :)

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 07:53 AM
It's that 3% that I just know will trip me up. If I put in for the week that it usually is, they will move it to a different week. I usually end up like Charlie Brown when it comes to planning things without having solid details. Just don't want the football yanked out from under me. :)

I will be hanging out with the Mogang in two weeks and I will remind them that folks need plenty of lead time

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Why not just call Len directly, and see what he has in mind... :dontknow:

bullant12
10-02-2013, 07:57 AM

:trike: That is what's on Len's mind!:roflblack:
He can give you estimates, but until he sits with the MoGang and plan it, nothing is official.

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 07:57 AM

Len is up to his butt in alligators right now trying to fill orders on the 14s but if i get the chance to talk to him i will see if he can shed any light on the dates.

Cruzr Joe

2ndChildhood
10-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Joe, Great I like that hotel. I will be staying there next week on the 10th for the MoGang trip.

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Joe, Great I like that hotel. I will be staying there next week on the 10th for the MoGang trip.

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Everyone else is staying at the Baymont Inn in Branson.

Cruzr Joe

2ndChildhood
10-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Joe, I will be staying at the Baymont Inn also on the 11th and 12th.

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Len is up to his butt in alligators right now trying to fill orders on the 14s but if i get the chance to talk to him i will see if he can shed any light on the dates.

Cruzr Joe

Thanks Joe! :thumbup:

:bbq::bbq::bbq:

Biosafena
10-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Thanks Joe!!!!

Wiredux
10-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I know Len is slammed right now as well. I will be seeing him next week and we have a call on Friday. I'll ping him then on dates.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Chupaca
10-02-2013, 11:34 AM
speculation running wild..!! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

murphybrown
10-02-2013, 01:35 PM
speculation running wild..!! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Every year about this time it starts and every year I say NOT GOING TO Participate...just going to wait patiently for Len/MoGang to make official announcement....nojoke. That lasts about 15 seconds...and then the I WANT TO KNOW NOW kicks in...:yikes: :thumbup::2excited::yes:

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 01:43 PM
That whole thing about "watched pots never boiling", can't hold a candle to this! :shocked:

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 01:46 PM
That whole thing about "watched pots never boiling", can't hold a candle to this! :shocked:

Candle??? is this gonna be another thread about lights, i thought Lamonts video was clear and specific

bullant12
10-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Candle??? is this gonna be another thread about lights, i thought Lamonts video was clear and specific

No... that is a cheaper version of a light bulb!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I didn't see any prcedures for lighting a candle in the video... :shocked:

I'll just google it! :D

Biosafena
10-02-2013, 02:18 PM
I just started playing Christmas music on Pandora to make it seem like it was later in the year and that much closer to the big event. My coworkers are looking at me like I need a tune-up on my prescription. Wonder how long before my mind catches up and I stop the madness. :)

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Wonder how long before my mind catches up and I stop the madness. :)
Hopefully... NEVER!! :D :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQE0pfBAYQ8

lookerjdc
10-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Best Western on Battlefield (the Hotel with the training room :roflblack:)

Cruzr Joe

you mean the playground?

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 04:50 PM
It sounds like the place where parties are born! :2thumbs: :D

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 06:14 PM
It sounds like the place where parties are born! :2thumbs: :D

YEAH it is:yes::yes::yes: The Bar Will Be Open.

Cruzr Joe

OldCowboy
10-02-2013, 07:05 PM
IIRC, the MO GANG said the dates would not be finalized until their November meeting.

Spyder601
10-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Well I for one can't wait to hear the dates. This will be my first spyderfest. I have been talking about since last years

Kungfuspyder
10-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Well I for one can't wait to hear the dates. This will be my first spyderfest. I have been talking about since last years
Yall are going to love it, this is the event I look forward to most every year.

Spyder601
10-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Yall are going to love it, this is the event I look forward to most every year.
We need to plan on meeting up and riding up there together!

Biosafena
10-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Can't wait until November. My employer's schedule for 2014 will be all done by then with no way to take time off....unless it involves a toe tag! :(

Bob Denman
10-03-2013, 07:28 AM
It's worth calling in dead for! nojoke
You could try for that week at the end of April... that's about as close an estimate that you'll be able to get right now.
It has started on a Wednesday, and runs through Saturday.
Sunday is kind of a, "get out of Town" day...

pitbull
10-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Details, details, details......lots still being worked out on the event and the majority will be talked about on the mogangs ride to Ozark mountains this next weekend. I can tell you this spyderfest this year will have the heart and soul of the event remain the same but everything around the event will be new fresh and even better.....The FOOD is going to be awesome, the entertainment and the venue even better:thumbup: I know a lot of you are waiting and we are not putting you off or making you wait on purpose, this years event will be the most work of any spyderfest. The good part is hoping this year to be the best Year ever 2014!!

Cruzr Joe
10-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Details, details, details......lots still being worked out on the event and the majority will be talked about on the mogangs ride to Ozark mountains this next weekend. I can tell you this spyderfest this year will have the heart and soul of the event remain the same but everything around the event will be new fresh and even better.....The FOOD is going to be awesome, the entertainment and the venue even better:thumbup: I know a lot of you are waiting and we are not putting you off or making you wait on purpose, this years event will be the most work of any spyderfest. The good part is hoping this year to be the best Year ever 2014!!

WE ARE READY .................................................. WHERE DO WE SIGN UP ..........................................

Bob Denman
10-03-2013, 01:24 PM
In "about", three Months... :shocked:
Tick... Tick... Tick... :D

Highwayman2013
10-03-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm in the same boat about time off. We pick our vacations in January so I've got time for Spyderfest but Can Am announces the owners event late.:banghead:

Biosafena
10-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the update. Now I REALLY can't wait! :)

La20614
10-03-2013, 06:19 PM
booked two rooms last week of April. Taking a chance here. Best Western on Battlefield. Now one question I have is Springfield or Bronson? I can get a really good price in Bronson have some connections there, which location is better? Never been and we are coming this year!:clap:

JKMSPYDER
10-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Branson is only 30 miles south of Springfield. A number of attendees stayed there last year when all rooms were taken in Springfield. I got lucky today and booked the Quality Inn on Battlefield in Springfield for the last week of April.

La20614
10-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Ok price in Springfield is same as Bronson so we will keep Springfield. 44.00 a night is pretty reasonable, now anyone stay at the Best Western on Battlefield? Nice hotel? I just want to make sure it's a nice place, usually stay Marriott hotels.

2ndChildhood
10-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Yes, its a great hotel. I stayed there for Spyderfest 2013 and will be there for 2014. I will also be staying there this coming Thursday the 10th and meet up at Pitbull on the 11th for the MoGang fall ride.

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Cruzr Joe
10-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Best Western is the PARTY PLACE

2ndChildhood
10-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Best Western is the PARTY PLACE

Yes it is, see you next Friday at PitBull

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

5ft2lilred
10-03-2013, 09:20 PM
We would love to particpate in one of these big Spyder events; but having it in potential snow country that time of year leaves us out. We had enough weather problems this year riding from Portland, OR to Pittsburgh, PA. Can't someone have one in warm country?

Trickie Dick
10-04-2013, 05:27 AM
We would love to particpate in one of these big Spyder events; but having it in potential snow country that time of year leaves us out. We had enough weather problems this year riding from Portland, OR to Pittsburgh, PA. Can't someone have one in warm country?

Missouri is potential snow country in April?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Probably not. Rain, yes. But then your are used to that.
Plus the owners event will be in June. Probably not much of a chance of snow then, no matter where they have it.

Trickie Dick
10-04-2013, 05:30 AM

Missouri is potential snow country in April?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Probably not. Rain, yes. But then your are used to that. Just follow that young whippersnapper from Washington. She'll lead you around the snow. What's her name, oh yeah Murphy Brown. :yikes:
Plus the owners event will be in June. Probably not much of a chance of snow then, no matter where they have it.

Spydeejane
10-04-2013, 06:02 AM
We are riding to Branson for our annual Branson ride.

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Missouri is potential snow country in April?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Probably not. Rain, yes. But then your are used to that.

:agree: Having a bit of "weather" along the way just makes the event more memorable! :2thumbs:

Trickie Dick
10-04-2013, 07:33 AM
:agree: Having a bit of "weather" along the way just makes the event more memorable! :2thumbs:

It certainly did last year.:yikes: I froze my pi tutti off from St. Louis on. nojoke

Bob Denman
10-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Coming in during that cold rain WAS a bit of an eye-opener! :shocked:
(37 degrees, at splashdown in Springfield...:yikes:)

mxz600
10-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Coming in during that cold rain WAS a bit of an eye-opener! :shocked:
(37 degrees, at splashdown in Springfield...:yikes:)

My ride down and back was quite pleasant. A comfortable 70º and dry all the way.

Cruzr Joe
10-04-2013, 08:24 AM
My ride there and back was also great, we saved the rain for Bob. :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

murphybrown
10-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Missouri is potential snow country in April?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Probably not. Rain, yes. But then your are used to that. Just follow that young whippersnapper from Washington. She'll lead you around the snow. What's her name, oh yeah Murphy Brown. :yikes:

Heck yes I will gladly lead anyone (astray!!!)...around the snow. Been traveling to Spyderfest for past 3 years and have never hit even one snow flake...cold, yes...but proper ryding gear handles that....there will be a 2nd annual event in WA June 2014....check out www.heartofwashington.org.
Seriously I will be going to Spyderfest 2014...if they would just hurrrrrrrry up an announce the dates ... so anyone that wants to ryde with let me know. Spyderfest is the bestest event...if you can only pick one...make it SPYDERFEST 2014..
Found some roads in eastern WA I don't remember ryding so will be checking them out on Saturday (taking jammies and toothbrush just in case!!!)...
Everyone have a GREAT DAY...cause it is your choice.
Karyl/murphybrown

OldCowboy
10-04-2013, 11:08 PM
It certainly did last year.:yikes: I froze my pi tutti off from St. Louis on. nojoke

OK. I've just gotta know. What is a 3.1416 tutti??? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Biosafena
10-05-2013, 12:54 AM
And does it matter how many digits you express as to how cold it really feels? :)

Bob Denman
10-05-2013, 07:50 AM

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-05-2013, 08:19 AM

Yo Trickie, I think if you check back in Weather History .....right after SPYDERFEST 2013 that area of Mo. I recall actually did have some snow........and while I was there some of that RAIN sure felt like SLEET.......just sayin........Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-05-2013, 08:22 AM
What doesn't kill ya... makes you stronger! :2thumbs:
Wait a minute :shocked:... You were in a TRUCK!!! :gaah:

Biosafena
10-05-2013, 04:36 PM
I think I am gonna gamble on the dates and make some reservations. The worst I will have to do is cancel or change them. Has anyone stayed at the KOA Springfield campground? If so, any reviews or comments? Looking at one if their premium sites.

PrairieSpyder
10-05-2013, 07:45 PM
I think I am gonna gamble on the dates and make some reservations. The worst I will have to do is cancel or change them. Has anyone stayed at the KOA Springfield campground? If so, any reviews or comments? Looking at one if their premium sites.

I stayed at the Route 66 KOA last year in a cabin. I was miserable because it mostly rained, and the KOA is on the opposite side of town from Pitbull's and the hotels where most people stayed. This time I'm going to spring for a hotel room.

On the other hand, the KOA is a nice facility. But there's a train track running along side it, and the first morning, the train didn't come by till 10 a.m. or so. I thought that wasn't so bad and looked forward to my stay. Then every night after that they trains rolled by and blew their horns at least twice during the night. :yikes:

Biosafena
10-14-2013, 07:08 AM
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, has anyone heard any rumors (facts would be even better) on the dates for Spyderfest 2014 yet??? My work schedule for 2014 is already circulating among the employees and I just know it is going to show up on my desk really soon.

Wiredux
10-14-2013, 07:13 AM
I am sure the dates will be released soon. The MoGang just had a meeting about it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Cruzr Joe
10-14-2013, 07:58 AM
UPDATE ..........UPDATE..........UPDATE

There is no update on the date yet, but the mogang will be meeting the First Saturday of November and I believe that they will have some good info coming out of that meeting.:thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Biosafena
10-14-2013, 08:25 AM
And now for sports and weather, we go to our ace reporter, Scoop Denman.

La20614
11-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Information has been posted, Still staying at Best Western just changed it up to the next week! See everyone in a few months.