PDA

View Full Version : How many forum members does it take?????

hotglue
09-30-2013, 10:01 PM
How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb? oldie but a goodie....

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
2 to say that they have allready saw this post and its "old stupid *****".

Chupaca
09-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Do some of these members double up on tasks otherwise you need a big forum...!! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 06:50 AM
:shocked: Do you think that 12,000-plus members is enough?? :shocked:

bullant12
10-01-2013, 06:53 AM
How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb? oldie but a goodie....

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

I would like to see this list being more specific: i.e. list each one of the forum members under each category!:roflblack:

retread
10-01-2013, 07:32 AM
I agree, but let's talk about oil.:clap:

john

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 07:34 AM
:agree: Which oil do you use on your helmets? :roflblack:

bullant12
10-01-2013, 07:43 AM

Do some of these members double up on tasks otherwise you need a big forum...!! :roflblack:

I would like to see this list being more specific: i.e. list each one of the forum members under each category!:roflblack:

I agree, but let's talk about oil.:clap:

john

:agree: Which oil do you use on your helmets? :roflblack:

Me too!;)

MidLifeCrisis
10-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Oh, but it takes only one to say light bulbs are political, because congress voted on them and demand the thread be shut down.:yikes:

Barlock
10-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Do I sense some sarcasm?:ohyea:

MidLifeCrisis
10-01-2013, 08:48 AM

Who, me? :roflblack:

bullant12
10-01-2013, 09:07 AM

Who, me? :roflblack:

Please take it to another thread since this does not involve light bulbs!:roflblack:

FaranH
10-01-2013, 09:07 AM
I would like the moderator to please close this thread for new comments as it has gotten out of hand. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 09:14 AM
:roflblack: Well this has certainly been enlightening! :roflblack:

bullant12
10-01-2013, 09:40 AM
This is getting old :cus:

:roflblack:

PrairieSpyder
10-01-2013, 09:59 AM
1 to introduce a gun incident into the light bulb discussion.

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 10:29 AM
and 3 more; to denounce the inclusion of firearms into the discussion as Political... :shocked:

Cruzr Joe
10-01-2013, 11:11 AM
I would like the moderator to please close this thread for new comments as it has gotten out of hand. :roflblack:

Women, always butting in :roflblack::roflblack:

flamingobabe
10-01-2013, 11:28 AM
hard to tell what is suppose to be funny and what is serious...let's just make a funny...

Dan McNally
10-01-2013, 11:31 AM

Exactly! :agree: :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
10-01-2013, 11:33 AM
hard to tell what is suppose to be funny and what is serious...let's just make a funny...

It was intended as a Funny, i would not want the wrath of Faran upon my head. :pray::pray::pray:

Cruzr joe

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 11:38 AM
:agree::agree::agree: :yikes::yikes::yikes: :D :joke:

bullant12
10-01-2013, 11:38 AM
It was intended as a Funny, i would not want the wrath of Faran upon my head. :pray::pray::pray:

She's on her way to your place with a tire iron... you need a tire changed?;)
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
10-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm outta here

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 11:42 AM
:shocked:
Joe
I can hide you up here until transport to another district can be arranged... :thumbup: :shocked:

Cruzr Joe
10-01-2013, 11:44 AM
I have been transfered to the witless protection plan and can no longer be located.

Anonymous

shelbydave
10-01-2013, 11:44 AM
You also have the 4 that just complain that in 130+ years, they could have built a better light bulb...:joke:

PrairieSpyder
10-01-2013, 11:48 AM
At least 2 to explain why their Goldwing bulb is better.

wyliec
10-01-2013, 11:49 AM
You know where Lamont has Thanks for this post, Like this post, Experienced the same thing? One more needs to be added: hot glue approved post. This will be one way to see whom the offenders are; and, only hotglue has the authority to use this stamp of approval.

Cruzr Joe
10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
You know where Lamont has Thanks for this post, Like this post, Experienced the same thing? One more needs to be added: hot glue approved post. This will be one way to see whom the offenders are; and, only hotglue has the authority to use this stamp of approval.

we really need a "DUH, what were you thinking" button

Cruzr joe

bullant12
10-01-2013, 02:14 PM

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 02:26 PM
At least 2 to explain why their Goldwing bulb is better.
How many will tell stories about watching bulbs fall out of Harley Davidsons at stoplights? :dontknow:

otter28169
10-01-2013, 02:31 PM
I gave up light bulbs for lent, and I am now using candles.:thumbup: It gets real interesting when my head"lamps" blow out at 7mph:roflblack:

Just sayin'............

ARtraveler
10-01-2013, 02:40 PM
What more can I say? :roflblack:

rabtech
10-01-2013, 02:54 PM
I can't believe no one mentioned the 10 people that want to debate which one is better and then start a poll.

CFL or standard filament bulbs. Vote now..

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

shelbydave
10-01-2013, 02:57 PM

Standard hands down!!! Who wants to wait 2 minutes for a CFL to boot up??? :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 04:47 PM

rabtech
10-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Standard hands down!!! Who wants to wait 2 minutes for a CFL to boot up??? :roflblack::roflblack:

Boot up! :p:p:p

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

PrairieSpyder
10-01-2013, 06:43 PM
I can't believe no one mentioned the 10 people that want to debate which one is better and then start a poll.

How about discussing iphone vs droid?

Chupaca
10-01-2013, 07:56 PM
where did everybody go..!! :yikes: I've got the light bulb..!!

MidLifeCrisis
10-01-2013, 09:07 PM
where did everybody go..!! :yikes: I've got the light bulb..!!

About time...wait, that's the wrong one! Those have been banned! :gaah:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 06:49 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_8.gif

Captain Fin
10-02-2013, 07:00 AM
That's old school. We did the switch to LED's.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 07:04 AM
LED bulbs; I've got a quesiton about them...
The LAST big incandescent bulb that we have, is a 100 watt monstrosity that is out on the porch...
Are there any LED sizes that come even close to putting out that much light, while using so much less power?? :dontknow:

bullant12
10-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Crap... recall on the lightbulb... it may catch on fire!:yikes:

It's a 2013!
WRONG!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Captain Fin
10-02-2013, 07:49 AM
LED bulbs; I've got a quesiton about them...
The LAST big incandescent bulb that we have, is a 100 watt monstrosity that is out on the porch...
Are there any LED sizes that come even close to putting out that much light, while using so much less power?? :dontknow:
The answer to your question is yes. I have all LED on my boat using 12volts, and have high intensity spreader lights to illuminate the deck. Even shrimp boats are switching over to LED as well as law enforcement for their spot lights.

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Crap... recall on the lightbulb... it may catch on fire!:yikes:

It's a 2013!
WRONG!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

THAT IS SO WRONG, must be a Tennessee thing.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 07:56 AM
The answer to your question is yes. I have all LED on my boat using 12volts, and have high intensity spreader lights to illuminate the deck. Even shrimp boats are switching over to LED as well as law enforcement for their spot lights.
I guess that my Home Depot needs to update their stock that's out on the shelves.. :shocked:

They currently have nothing more than a 5 watt replacement for the old 40 watt bulbs... :gaah:

bullant12
10-02-2013, 07:58 AM
THAT IS SO WRONG, must be a Tennessee thing.

Nope... only Memphis and surronding areas.:doorag:

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Nope... only Memphis and surronding areas.:doorag:

its the surrounding areas that get you.

Cruzr Joe

bullant12
10-02-2013, 08:06 AM
its the surrounding areas that get you.

I live in the surrounding area of Memphis... Memphis gets my bad side!:opps:

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 09:27 AM
I live in the surrounding area of Memphis... Memphis gets my bad side!:opps:

:shocked:, you have a good side??? :yikes::yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

bullant12
10-02-2013, 09:36 AM
:shocked:, you have a good side??? :yikes::yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Do I need one?;)

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Do I need one?;)

:dontknow:, I don't know, never had one that i know of.

Cruzr Joe

bullant12
10-02-2013, 09:53 AM
What was the topic again?:roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 09:55 AM
What was the topic again?:roflblack:

Post Hijacking 101 :roflblack::roflblack:

jerpinoy
10-02-2013, 10:27 AM

Keep on tracking and posting

bullant12
10-02-2013, 10:31 AM
We forgot the URL's... http://www.forums.com

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 10:35 AM
We forgot the URL's... http://www.forums.com

:shocked::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::shocked:

There's even MORE of them!!

bullant12
10-02-2013, 10:41 AM
:shocked::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::shocked:

There's even MORE of them!!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_Forums_are_on_the_internet

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Hotglue

We are returning this post to you.

Cruzr Joe

bullant12
10-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Hotglue

We are returning this post to you.

Cruzr Joe

Why? According to his 1st post, 181 posts are needed to complete his stats. This is #61

Lamonster
10-02-2013, 12:15 PM
http://youtu.be/oZCYj4jr8x4

murphybrown
10-02-2013, 12:22 PM

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::thumbup:

bullant12
10-02-2013, 12:22 PM

:roflblack::2thumbs:

But you did not explain which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.:doorag:

mxz600
10-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Good one Lamont.:roflblack:

I am confused about the clockwise and counter clockwise. Your hand gestures looked backwards to me. :joke: Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

shelbydave
10-02-2013, 12:39 PM

Now, can we see a video with Mickey slurping a drink saying "Ceeee-Efffffff-ELLLLLLL.... That thing bright?"

Dizneyman
10-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Just wondering who is having heat issues with their light bulb... :yikes:

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Question: Does the light bulb have to WANT to change? :shocked:

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2013, 01:42 PM
:hun:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 02:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3vxEudif8

denviola
10-02-2013, 02:27 PM

It only takes one psychiatrist to change a light bulb, but the bulb really has to want to change....

denviola
10-02-2013, 02:28 PM
The Boss' video is an instant classic, and is a must see along with the gas cap change video!!!!!
I love the humor on this board!!!

shelbydave
10-02-2013, 02:57 PM

First you need an intervention, and it has to realize that it NEEDS to change.

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 02:57 PM
"The Boss' video is an instant classic, and is a must see along with the gas cap change video!!!!!
I love the humor on this board!!!"

:shocked: What humor? :shocked:
I'm just not seeing it... :shocked:

shelbydave
10-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Lamont, along with your laser alignment tool, could you bring that lamp out to PitBull? Watching the video just wasn't enough... There's nothing like hands on training...:joke:

retread
10-02-2013, 04:04 PM
and right here, I'm tempted to ask...."but what about the oil?":yes:

john

Captain Fin
10-02-2013, 04:17 PM
I guess that my Home Depot needs to update their stock that's out on the shelves.. :shocked:

They currently have nothing more than a 5 watt replacement for the old 40 watt bulbs... :gaah:
I bought all my LED's online. Make sure you buy the high intensity LED's. You can find them as bright as any bulb on the market. They are great and use very little energy. My voltage drop with all the lights on on my boat is very low. Check it out, you will be amazed.

Bob Denman
10-02-2013, 04:37 PM
thanks, Captain!, :thumbup:

hotglue
10-02-2013, 08:47 PM
GREAT 'how to' video Lamont!!!!! You crack me up!!!!!!!

shelbydave
10-02-2013, 10:47 PM
That video was posted just in time... I came home to this tonight...

PrairieSpyder
10-03-2013, 12:16 AM
:bowdown: Lamont, what would we do without you? :dontknow:

Bob Denman
10-03-2013, 07:19 AM
:shocked: We'd all be left, "in the dark" on a wide variety of topics! :D

bullant12
10-03-2013, 07:45 AM
That video was posted just in time... I came home to this tonight...

There is a good video training you on how to change it...:roflblack:

shelbydave
10-03-2013, 01:50 PM
There is a good video training you on how to change it...:roflblack:

I got the bulb changed, but in heeding Lamont's warning to unplug the light, I'm now awaiting an electrician... You know how much wire is in these walls? and I still couldn't find a plug, so I just cut the wire...:roflblack::roflblack:

bullant12
10-03-2013, 01:54 PM
I got the bulb changed, but in heeding Lamont's warning to unplug the light, I'm now awaiting an electrician... You know how much wire is in these walls? and I still couldn't find a plug, so I just cut the wire...:roflblack::roflblack:

Well :cus:... Just buy a new home then!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-03-2013, 02:15 PM
In a new area of the Country; with even BETTER riding for your Spyder... :thumbup:
Particularly since you'll now be banned from doing anything in the house! :shocked: :roflblack:
including... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_6.gif

bullant12
10-08-2013, 10:17 AM

:oldpost: