PDA

View Full Version : Questions - Feed back

spydertrike
09-30-2013, 08:15 PM
I have a few questions. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

2012 RT-S SE5

1/ I have been told from other bikes riding in front of me during the day that my bike is very hard to see. I guess my bike blends into the road as my bike is silver in color. During the day I have to use my Hi-beams so they can see me better. I do have the fog lights on my bike.
Riding at night I find it very hard to see of any distance and also the bikes in front of me also have a hard time seeing me. I have been told this many times.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to help solve this problem? I'm not sure why BRP made the lighting system on these bikes the way they did. Perhaps provide part number & suppliers names of products I could purchase to solve these problems.

2/ I notice when I turn my key to on my radio comes on. However when I push the start button the radio goes off for a short time and than comes back on when bike starts and than back off for a short time and than back on again and stays on. Is this normal ?

3/ I have seen threads about new access panels for oils changes etc. What are these for? Where do you get them? What are they worth to purchase? Is it worth it?...............any feed back about the panels?

Thanks

samewok
09-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Your head lights might be out of adjustment. Also the oil panel should have be done under a bulletin. Have dealer she if buds and recalls have been done.

Bob Ledford
10-01-2013, 10:05 AM
You might want to play around with your rear shock adjustment i.e., air pressure. It could be your light is going to ground or clouds. But not. Where you want them

Magdave
10-01-2013, 10:10 AM
IMHO you should always ride with high beams during the day. The way these headlights are low beams are not visible very far ahead like old timey headlights. Heck I ride with them at night too. I get flashed every now and then but around here we got pick ups with mis adjusted HIDs added that blind everyone why pick on me?

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Silver is a color that is notorious for blending into the background... :shocked:
Run your high beams and your foglights to make yourself more visible.
You may need to adjust your headlights up a bit, or soften up your rear suspension to raise the aiming point. That'll throw some light furterh down the road! :thumbup:

GeoffCee
10-01-2013, 10:48 AM
The radio going off briefly is down to the Load Shedding Relay which acts to give the starter motor access to maximum current draw from the battery during engine turn over and start up. When the motor fires the generator begins to produce electrical power and at that point the LSR is taken out of circuit. This allows electrical power to return to the radio (and some other affected circuits) and it comes on again. :f_spider:

boborgera
10-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Silver is a color that is notorious for blending into the background... :shocked:
Run your high beams and your foglights to make yourself more visible.

Silver is the color of our township police cars, And be-leave me i know their two tickets per shift spots, And I'll even be surprised when i go by them and not notice them, ....

Also unless sonething has changed with the DOT rules ; Factory installed fog are wired to turn off when the high beams lights are turned on...