PDA

View Full Version : How much lighting is too much?

vtrider
09-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Now that I have the new 2013 RT LTD, I've started adding some farkles to it. The thing that I'm focused on right now is some of the extra LED lights. I installed the fender LED reflector replacement lights, the side amber and rear red marker. I also installed the side case bright sides and the high mount brake/running light to the rear trunk. At Spyderquest I won, or I should say My daughter won some day runner led lights for the front of the RT. I installed them as well. The next Item I have in mind from Value Accessories, is the front spoiler lower trim chrome piece with led lighting along the front edge. Before I do that is all that lighting legal in most states? What I have now, especially with the day runners on the A-Arms, it really brightens up the front at night. They sit low enough and shouldn't be much of a problem to oncoming traffic. Although, I did have a couple of people shine there high beams at me and my high beams were off at the time. I know I can add more leds for show, but I'm just not sure if all those leds is a good idea from a legal standpoint. My other concern, is how much drain do all these extra led lights have on the charging system? I have to consider in the future I will also add powerlet outlets for heated gear or other accessories as well. Should I be concerned or not? I have to admit, I like the new led lighting that I've added so far.

DrewNJ
09-30-2013, 07:34 PM
How much lighting is to much??

When your spyder is mistaken for some punk kids lowered honda civic at night.....:yikes:

warp10
09-30-2013, 07:40 PM
1 have bought 15 ft reels of led lights and they say the leds will only use about 1amp per reel. So light her up. :yes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Now that I have the new 2013 RT LTD, I've started adding some farkles to it. The thing that I'm focused on right now is some of the extra LED lights. I installed the fender LED reflector replacement lights, the side amber and rear red marker. I also installed the side case bright sides and the high mount brake/running light to the rear trunk. At Spyderquest I won, or I should say My daughter won some day runner led lights for the front of the RT. I installed them as well. The next Item I have in mind from Value Accessories, is the front spoiler lower trim chrome piece with led lighting along the front edge. Before I do that is all that lighting legal in most states? What I have now, especially with the day runners on the A-Arms, it really brightens up the front at night. They sit low enough and shouldn't be much of a problem to oncoming traffic. Although, I did have a couple of people shine there high beams at me and my high beams were off at the time. I know I can add more leds for show, but I'm just not sure if all those leds is a good idea from a legal standpoint. My other concern, is how much drain do all these extra led lights have on the charging system? I have to consider in the future I will also add powerlet outlets for heated gear or other accessories as well. Should I be concerned or not? I have to admit, I like the new led lighting that I've added so far.

Yo Adrien, I donated the LED day runners......I am pretty sure they draw 4 watts each.......Most LED's draw next to nothing compared to regular bulbs..Mike :thumbup:

KEBIE
09-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Let's see some pix of the rolling Christmas tree. . Lol. Jk.i want to light mine up also. We would love to see it.

Chupaca
09-30-2013, 10:14 PM
when the glow precedes you by 500'....and the crowd throw on the shades...!! :roflblack:

coastrider
09-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Stop before you hear the calliope music!

BajaRon
09-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Well now... That's a good question!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7127/7154038115_0e5473a2c9_z.jpg

Rick11Flor
09-30-2013, 11:45 PM
my daughter asked the other day, i thought you liked the bike as is.. will if i can afford it and it looks good i will continue.... i like it.:yes:

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 06:47 AM
Well now... That's a good question!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7127/7154038115_0e5473a2c9_z.jpg
:shocked:That's not too many lights; my retinas haven't been completely burned away! :roflblack:

Flanker
10-01-2013, 06:51 AM
How much lighting is to much??

When your spyder is mistaken for some punk kids lowered honda civic at night.....:yikes: Good one! I was thinking when people driving by you at 60 mph; faces look like they fell asleep in the tanning bed. ;)

MouthPiece
10-01-2013, 06:58 AM
When the blue flashing lights and siren comes on.

Chris

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 06:59 AM
When the Government starts playing music in an attempt to make contact... :shocked:

retread
10-01-2013, 07:30 AM
When the engine stalls from the load when you turn ALL the lights on:yikes:.
Or, when your stator smokes.

john

GloryRyders
10-01-2013, 07:50 AM
........or when you can be tracked from outer space! :doorag:

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 08:14 AM
When the engine stalls from the load when you turn ALL the lights on:yikes:.
Or, when your stator smokes.

john

I had a GoldWing that I couldn't run in 5th gear; it couldn't make enough juice to keep the battery happy... :shocked:

Barlock
10-01-2013, 08:26 AM
“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't.” ~ Erica Jong

Bob Ledford
10-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Some people or riders are never satisfied with their bikes. I always said, the difference between looking good or junky was one light, piece of Crome or gadget.

The correct answer is what do you feel like?

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 09:30 AM
...and the NEXT piece that I add will make it perfect! :shocked: ;)

Kratos
10-01-2013, 02:52 PM
What kind of question is that? :lecturef_smilie:

The answer is.....NEVER ENOUGH!!!

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

vtrider
10-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Yo Adrien, I donated the LED day runners......I am pretty sure they draw 4 watts each.......Most LED's draw next to nothing compared to regular bulbs..Mike :thumbup: Thanks for that donation Mike, They sure look cool! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Like fishing tackle, motorcycles, guitars----you can never have to much or to many.

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 04:32 PM
What kind of question is that? :lecturef_smilie:

The answer is.....NEVER ENOUGH!!!

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:
This; from the guy who has the coolest lit wheels on the PLANET!! :clap::firstplace:

Kratos
10-01-2013, 06:45 PM
This; from the guy who has the coolest lit wheels on the PLANET!! :clap::firstplace:

samewok
10-01-2013, 07:08 PM
I have these.

Bob Denman
10-01-2013, 08:50 PM
:clap::firstplace::2thumbs: