PDA

View Full Version : FRONT TIRE LIFT ?

RBS66
09-29-2013, 06:52 PM
My wife and I were making a left-hand turn out of a parking lot today. We were pulling onto a 2 Lane Hwy. The speed limit on the highway is 55 miles an hour. Cars are traveling pretty quick I saw my opening rolled on the throttle to make a left-hand turn given some extra acceleration to get out into the traffic. When I did the left tire came up off the ground felt to be almost about 18 inches. No indicator lights of VSS came on at all. Has anybody else experienced this and did I do something wrong?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

StriperKing
09-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Everything has to be just right but yes I have done it several times, isn`t it fun. I have it down to an art now. It will not let you get to crazy before it shuts down.

RBS66
09-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Everything has to be just right but yes I have done it several times, isn`t it fun. I have it down to an art now. It will not let you get to crazy before it shuts down.

It was a crazy feeling!!

Spyderjockey
09-29-2013, 07:58 PM
It was a crazy feeling!!

I too have done the same thing by giving it too much throttle going into a sharp turn......but has always turned out well. It is a little unnerving though!!:yikes:

greatrides
09-29-2013, 08:00 PM
So.....how do you do it:popcorn:......you have to let us know. I've never done that and sounds very fun:yes:

RBS66
09-29-2013, 08:11 PM
So.....how do you do it:popcorn:......you have to let us know. I've never done that and sounds very fun:yes:

Not sure what I did. Didn't think I was doing anything out of the ordinary. Just pulling out into traffic. Don't really want to experience it again !

BajaRon
09-29-2013, 08:15 PM
A few inches feel like a foot. It is unlikely that you got it higher than 6" off the ground.

NancysToy
09-29-2013, 08:43 PM
A few inches feel like a foot. It is unlikely that you got it higher than 6" off the ground.

:agree:

If you don't have one already, a BajaRon swaybar will reduce the lean and lifting. I'd also suggest learning to accelerate after you straighten or begin to straighten the bars. Some heavy weight transfer by leaning to the inside of the turn will help, too. The harder you turn and accelerate the more you need to lean...or shift your weight off the seat. If you ride a 2012 or earlier, make sure your front suspension preload settings are high enough. #5 is none too stiff with a passenger and no Ron bar. I'd also recommend some parking lot practice, following the skills course in your manual. It forces you to make tight turns and get the feel for lifting a wheel, the VSS kicking in, what the kill switch feels like, etc. You'll be more comfortable with the Spyer's habits and capabilities soon.

Chupaca
09-29-2013, 09:02 PM
believe it or not there are those that try hard to manage a wheel lift. Be proud, you did it without trying. Now don't. Don't think it is that much fun myself but my wife really dislikes it.:shemademe_smilie: But like mentioned before try not to power out before you are straight or getting there. The nanny does a great job keeping things on the ground and tracking true. Practice will help you a great deal...:thumbup: