PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run

Dubld
09-28-2013, 04:34 PM
My wife and I went on our first poker run today. It was 100 miles with 7 stops. It was 98% Harleys plus 1 Victory and our Spyder. I expected it to be mostly HD as they are very popular around here. The couple we were going to ride with had a family emergency and we didn't know anyone else that was riding. A couple riders talked to us, but I got the feeling we were looked at as outsiders. It was windy and we got caught in some rain, but in spite of all that, we had fun and would definitely do it again. BTW, we wore our helmets and there was only 1 other couple that did.

jimb57
09-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Yea the wife and i did our first memorial ride with hundreds of bikers mostly HDs and our spyder and yes there were only a half dozen riders wearing helmets :cus: Idiots:banghead:

JJW SpyderRider
09-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Sounds like my first Poker run. Spent more time at the bars (waiting on them as we don't drink) than riding and few would even talk to us.

chipshotin
09-29-2013, 10:55 AM
we've done two poker runs...only spyder there so we got alot of attentionon the first, the second one there was a second spyder but always postive also did couple of benifit runs with 1000 and 700 bikes we were not the only spyders to show and again we gathered alot of attention ....the latest was the Hawgs for Dawgs and started at Romels HD in NewCastle De... nice ride and 3 spyders were there ;my RTS an RS and ST....767747677576776thats my mrs with me:yes: