PDA

View Full Version : GOOD MORNING PACIFIC NORTH WEST AMERICA

MrLooney
09-27-2013, 12:31 PM
GOOD MORNING one and all here in Spyderlovers!

It is another Grand and Wonderful Day here in the Pacific North West Wonderland where Mother Nature has blessed us with so many beautiful scenic spots to see and appreciate.

As I start yet another post here on Spyderlovers.com. I stop to ponder the thought “The freedoms we have”!
I invite one and all to come visit this wonderland of beauty. From the Glistening Spray of Sea Foam Green capped waves of the Pacific Ocean, sandy beaches and jagged rocky cliffs past astonishing light houses and up the magnificent Columbia River then through the Gorge along the Lewis and Clark Trails into the wide open plains of Eastern Oregon and Washington States. So many sites to see that words can not explain! Rivers, Valleys, Gorges, Dams, Mountains, Deserts, Dunes, Majestic Forests with trees the size if Ski Scrapers the list goes on. Covered bridges dot the landscapes connected by twisty roads and super freeways, we have it all from the little village cross roads if you blink your eyes you miss it, to the populous big city of Portland with all her sprawling suburbs and shopping malls to the little mom and pop shops on the corner of "Time Stands Still" and "Going No Where" streets. Recreational interests are endless here in the North West, we have it all that your heart desires, but beware "We don't tan, we just "RUST". Weather is magnificent come rain or shine! There is always something to do in your own time. From the coastal boardwalks and Salt Water Taffy to Canoeing lakes and streams, climbing the snow white capped mountains to see the fog and cloud covered valleys below. Sunrises, sunsets, rain or shine come Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall we have it all! Spring shower that bring flowers, then summer with basket of food for one and all, come Fall and cold blustering winds, changing of the leaves to all colors of the rainbow. I can go on and on, but as I said earlier "Words Can Not Explain" We have it all!

I do hope that each and every one of you with or without a Spyder Roadsters can one day see the Majestic Beauty of this Pacific North West USA!

This land is "MY LAND" more importantly this land is "YOUR LAND" come one come all. Any time of the year we have it all!

Dan C. Maisel

The Wheel
09-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Hey Dan,
Raised in Oregon myself that is well said.
Remember what the late great Govenor Tom McCall once said about coming to our stae and enjoy its beauty and all....

Looking forward to getting laser alignment done soon.

The wheel

MrLooney
09-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey Dan,
Raised in Oregon myself that is well said.
Remember what the late great Governor Tom McCall once said about coming to our state and enjoy its beauty and all....

Looking forward to getting laser alignment done soon.

The wheel

Hi Wheel

You know full well of what I speak. I have traveled to other states around these 50 and to date not found anything better.

Our once Governor Tom M.'s great speech was a back fire that killed many tourist economy areas for many years sad to say.

I am just hoping a few of our great Spyder family member will read this and come our way to experience what we have.

However with all that being said I have not traveled above SC and North. I understand Kentucky is great country and a few other states too.

SO COME ONE COME ALL!!
WE HAVE IT ALL :yes:

Dan

Spacetrucker
09-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Get off the drugs,????

Benggolf
09-28-2013, 02:53 AM
Will certainly ride down weather permitting! :thumbup:
Next spring/summer, make sure you ride up to my corner (Vancover, British Columbia).
Our province is not called "Supernatural British Columbia" for nothing! Visit our Sea-to-Sky Highway from North Vancouver to Whistler or cruise along the Sunshine Coast. Also visit Vancouver Island.

Let me know when you are coming and I'll be glad to meet up. :clap:

wyliec
09-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Don't you miss S.E. Asia a little?

murphybrown
09-28-2013, 09:42 AM
I really have not found a "location" that I didn't enjoy...even NYC...BUT I have to admit that when I return home...:thumbup:. And for those who choose to accept Dan's Assignment...remember I have an open door (with great coffee!!) policy and I would sooooo welcome you....than for you who want to add another layer of :spyder2: fun. June 6, 7, 8, 2014...we will have a Heart of WA Ryde based out of Chelan, WA....Don L. is doing an awesome job on website....heartofwashington.org....check it out....remember it is just in the "infant" stage . Yes the Pacific Northwest has awesome sites and ryding..:yes:

dtkennney
09-28-2013, 10:50 AM
I live in Sherwood OR, and couldn't agree with you more.

Dragonrider
09-28-2013, 11:10 AM
I too have ridden to every corner of Oregon, and even with its politics, I can't imagine living anywhere else…. Like the night four of us on a trip, rented a house in Fields for the night for $36…. outside had NO mosquitos, and you could hear the coyotes call from 50 miles away….or the Blue Mountain Scenic Byway, or the Snake River canyon, or Crater Lake, or the Florence dunes - yep, and on and on….. (BTW, there are 109 covered bridges in NW Oregon…. just sayin')

FLAspydergirl
09-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi Wheel

You know full well of what I speak. I have traveled to other states around these 50 and to date not found anything better.

Our once Governor Tom M.'s great speech was a back fire that killed many tourist economy areas for many years sad to say.

I am just hoping a few of our great Spyder family member will read this and come our way to experience what we have.

However with all that being said I have not traveled above SC and North. I understand Kentucky is great country and a few other states too.

SO COME ONE COME ALL!!
WE HAVE IT ALL :yes:

Dan

Dan sounds like you need to arrange some club rides around that beautiful state of yours,,,just have to dodge the rain !!! . It sounds beautiful, we have visited the Columbia River gorge and it was breath taking...need to put a trip to Oregon on my bucket list...

MrLooney
09-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Will certainly ride down weather permitting! :thumbup:
Next spring/summer, make sure you ride up to my corner (Vancover, British Columbia).
Our province is not called "Supernatural British Columbia" for nothing! Visit our Sea-to-Sky Highway from North Vancouver to Whistler or cruise along the Sunshine Coast. Also visit Vancouver Island.

Let me know when you are coming and I'll be glad to meet up. :clap:

I know your area, I've been there a few times! Can't say a bad thing about it. It's as beautiful as Oregon and Washington.

Sounds like a Challenge to make a round trip for the both of us!

Who's interested in a group ride?

MrLooney
09-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Don't you miss S.E. Asia a little?

It was a hard choice Spyder - SE Asia - Spyder - SE Asia - Roadster - SE Asia - Ryde The Roadster.

Yes, I do miss SE Asia, even with the horrific traffic problems they have. There are several fillies I wish were here!

MrLooney
09-28-2013, 10:29 PM
I really have not found a "location" that I didn't enjoy...even NYC...BUT I have to admit that when I return home...:thumbup:. And for those who choose to accept Dan's Assignment...remember I have an open door (with great coffee!!) policy and I would sooooo welcome you....than for you who want to add another layer of :spyder2: un. June 6, 7, 8, 2014...we will have a Heart of WA Ryde based out of Chelan, WA....Don L. is doing an awesome job on website....heartofwashington.org....check it out....remember it is just in the "infant" stage . Yes the Pacific Northwest has awesome sites and ryding..:yes:

"MURPHY BROWN" the "QUEEN OF ROADSTERS"

Thanks Murphy for the invitation for coffee.. speaking of which I have a few bags of Vietnamese Coffee. The way they drink coffee is about 2 table spoons grounds with a 1/4 cup of boiling water, it comes out a little thicker than pure cream.

Keep me posted on "The Heart of Washington" ride. I would love to be part of it. Add my name to the list.

murphybrown
09-28-2013, 10:52 PM
While ryding Florida...Reggy of Tricleds introduced me to first Cuban coffee...which I fell in love with and then...I get a "care package" from Reggy...with this special little coffee maker and instructions for Vietnamese Coffee....off the charts it is...so I have created my coffee travel bag that goes on Ms Spyder....Now I will never want for that "hit" of pure pleasure from my coffee...ahhhhhhhh

"MURPHY BROWN" the "QUEEN OF ROADSTERS"

Thanks Murphy for the invitation for coffee.. speaking of which I have a few bags of Vietnamese Coffee. The way they drink coffee is about 2 table spoons grounds with a 1/4 cup of boiling water, it comes out a little thicker than pure cream.

Keep me posted on "The Heart of Washington" ride. I would love to be part of it. Add my name to the list.

Benggolf
09-29-2013, 01:07 AM
I know your area, I've been there a few times! Can't say a bad thing about it. It's as beautiful as Oregon and Washington.

Sounds like a Challenge to make a round trip for the both of us!

Who's interested in a group ride?

Yeah! That's the spirit! Keep me posted on this as I hopeful will get to meet more Spyder Riders
in 2014....some lucky enough to be on thier new 2014 RTs. :clap:

retired1
09-29-2013, 07:49 AM
While ryding Florida...Reggy of Tricleds introduced me to first Cuban coffee...which I fell in love with and then...I get a "care package" from Reggy...with this special little coffee maker and instructions for Vietnamese Coffee....off the charts it is...so I have created my coffee travel bag that goes on Ms Spyder....Now I will never want for that "hit" of pure pleasure from my coffee...ahhhhhhhh

Hey Murphy;
Should I sell my Starbucks stock, now that you've converted to Vietnamese coffee?:D:roflblack:

wyliec
09-29-2013, 07:54 AM
It was a hard choice Spyder - SE Asia - Spyder - SE Asia - Roadster - SE Asia - Ryde The Roadster.

Yes, I do miss SE Asia, even with the horrific traffic problems they have. There are several fillies I wish were here!

You don't need to answer this; but, I thought you were getting married to your S.O. from there and she was making you change your avatar.

wyliec
09-29-2013, 08:10 AM

Can you share the instructions for the Vietnamese coffee? I'd like to give to my gf who complains about most coffees except Starbucks and Jamaican blue mountain. I myself don't drink coffee and she gets upset with me when I ask why she needs coffee.

murphybrown
09-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Hey Murphy;
Should I sell my Starbucks stock, now that you've converted to Vietnamese coffee?:D:roflblack:

:clap::clap: