PDA

View Full Version : turn signal

gary lester
09-26-2013, 04:59 PM
When I put on the turn signal, either side, it flashes faster than normal. All the lights due come on, bulbs and LED. know if one is out that will some times make this happen but not true here. Any ideas?:banghead:

Bob Denman
09-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi Gary,
Perhaps you've got a loose connection somewhere in the system? :dontknow:
(Just a guess...:shocked:)
Good Luck; please let us know what you do find! :thumbup:

NancysToy
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Have you changed to alternate bulbs or LEDs?

gary lester
09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi Gary,
Perhaps you've got a loose connection somewhere in the system? :dontknow:
(Just a guess...:shocked:)
Good Luck; please let us know what you do find! :thumbup:

I have not changed anything, just started yesterday on my way home from the shop.:dontknow:

NancysToy
09-26-2013, 06:26 PM
I have not changed anything, just started yesterday on my way home from the shop.:dontknow:

Assuming you do not have any kind of "black box" lighting accessory or converter installed, and since you have not changed any bulbs, t is most likely a minor or developing short circuit, failing bulb, or moisture in a connector. Signals will flash fast when the resistance of the circuit is lowered. A couple of stray or worn through wires, failing bulb, or some moisture could do that. Beyond that it could be a cluster malfunction, but that is not likely. The signals also may flash fast in emergency flasher mode or reverse, if my memory serves me correctly (it often doesn't anymore).

gary lester
09-26-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm going to keep looking and if and when I find anything I'll let you guys know. Like I said earlier I don't have any lights out but doesn't mean that one of the LED's is not going bad. I looked into it today with my dealer and the turn signal is a sealed unit so you have to buy the whole unit at $110.00 Thanks guys I'LL let you know what I come up with.

NancysToy
09-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm going to keep looking and if and when I find anything I'll let you guys know. Like I said earlier I don't have any lights out but doesn't mean that one of the LED's is not going bad. I looked into it today with my dealer and the turn signal is a sealed unit so you have to buy the whole unit at $110.00 Thanks guys I'LL let you know what I come up with.

????? I asked if you had LEDs and you said no. This happens with LED replacements when the load compensator fails.

NancysToy
09-26-2013, 09:05 PM
I think you may mean the opposite, they flash faster when the resistance goes up.
It is supposed to be a signal that you have a bulb that is blown.
Higher resistance means lower current, a blown bulb lowers the current so I think it makes sense that the resistance is higher when the flasher flashes faster.
You are right, of course. Long days, short nights, burned up brain. Please forgive.

Chupaca
09-26-2013, 11:59 PM
you mentioned LED's so I would start there. Conventional bulbs will cause this issue when one goes out and only when using that side. Now the LED's are a whole different animal. Good luck and would like to hear what you find...:thumbup: