PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha of Lumberton

Wiredux
09-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Has anyone in North Carolina used Yamaha of Lumberton for any of their Spyder needs? I am thinking about them for service on my Roadster.

Magdave
09-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Has anyone in North Carolina used Yamaha of Lumberton for any of their Spyder needs? I am thinking about them for service on my Roadster.
Their long time tech quit last month. They are training a new one. You are better off going to Columbia they have the only Platinum dealer around.

danlnc
09-27-2013, 09:52 AM
I use RPM Cycles in Ablemarle NC. Great service and great people.

http://www.rpmcyclesnc.com/

Wiredux
09-27-2013, 09:53 AM
I use RPM Cycles in Ablemarle NC. Great service and great people.

http://www.rpmcyclesnc.com/

Looking more east. Charlotte area is 4.5 to 5 hours for me.

2Gunns
09-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Their long time tech quit last month. They are training a new one. You are better off going to Columbia they have the only Platinum dealer around.

I switched to using Yamaha of Lumberton after the dealership where I made my purchase closed (Alpha Powersports)
I could not be happier, the guys in Lumberton have been great.

Have not heard about their tech quitting....Are you referring to Billy?

Magdave
09-27-2013, 11:14 AM
I switched to using Yamaha of Lumberton after the dealership where I made my purchase closed (Alpha Powersports)
I could not be happier, the guys in Lumberton have been great.

Have not heard about their tech quitting....Are you referring to Billy?
Not sure what his name was. I was going to go there for my 600mi service and called and they told me their tech had quit but they were training a new one. About 1 1/2 months ago. I ended up going to Velocity in Charleston. Columbia Powersports is the only Platinum dealer in SC all the rest are gold.

2Gunns
09-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Not sure what his name was. I was going to go there for my 600mi service and called and they told me their tech had quit but they were training a new one. About 1 1/2 months ago. I ended up going to Velocity in Charleston. Columbia Powersports is the only Platinum dealer in SC all the rest are gold.

Hate to hear this... Lumberton was only 30 minutes away for me....I may have to give RPM a try even if it is 1 hour+ (heck..sounds like a good excuse to ryde).

Where in SC are you Magdave?

ulflyer
09-27-2013, 02:49 PM
You might want to consider Winston-Salem; two techs there, both been there quite a while. One at least 6 years. I've had excellent service with them. Kevin is the svc mngr, Brad and Steve are techs.

PS: and you can watch while they do the work!!!!

Wiredux
09-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Thanks for all of the replays. Nice most of the dealers are well over 2 hours away it looks like I am going to have to stick to my current one.

Magdave
09-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Hate to hear this... Lumberton was only 30 minutes away for me....I may have to give RPM a try even if it is 1 hour+ (heck..sounds like a good excuse to ryde).

Where in SC are you Magdave?
Conway and you?

sjcpanther
09-27-2013, 09:43 PM
I live 15 minutes from the Winston-Salem shop, but prefer going to RPM Cycles. Never done me wrong. Tech knows his stuff.

bruiser
10-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Dan, you're in the same boat with me. Almost three hours to Albemarle for me and almost 4 for you. Brewers Cycles would be about 3 hours for you. It's an hour and 45 for me.

Wiredux
10-27-2013, 07:44 PM
I found a fix for this. I'll just do it myself. Time to get educated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nightshift357
09-30-2015, 11:26 AM
There's a dealership in Fayetteville, nc now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk