PDA

View Full Version : Limp Mode

Spyder4Tess
09-26-2013, 09:08 AM
We just got back from a 600 mile trip from the Lake Tahoe area.
This was my wifes first long ride on her Rt and I am very proud of her riding ability!

Had a scare climbing up HWY 50 from Carson City.Half way up she was falling behind so i pull over.She finally caught up and stopped and told me the Spyder went into Limp Mode.
Thought we were in trouble.So we took a look at the OM and it said there were a couple of possibilties as to why it went into the mode.

One of them was riding the brake which said she thought she did.

After shutting the bike down and then re-starting the code as cleared...thank God!

Chupaca
09-26-2013, 10:06 AM
great feature all the limp mode but does have it's glitches. But if it did not let you know you could end up with a braking problem which is a lot worse..glad it was cleared and you had a great trip congrats to the wife..!!:thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-26-2013, 11:00 AM
"Riding the brake"... :shocked:
As bikers; we've always been instructed to "cover the front brake lever" (Keep your paw around it), so as to reduce reaction times if things get too interesting.
But that doesn't work on the Spyders... :yikes:
Glad to hear that there was no harm done, and :congrats: on her first long trip on the bike! :2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
09-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Now that she got her first limp mode out of the way, I'm sure she will not ride the brake anymore. Happy riding.