PDA

View Full Version : DREADED P1614 CODE

safecracker
09-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Wife and I where going out to supper and started the Spyder, started idling at around 1700 to 1750. It sounded like it was running on one cylinder. Checked the code. Can you guess what it was? It was the dreaded P1614. I was bummed. So, we went next door to Applebees and had a good meal. One good thing is we are only 6 miles from the dealer. I told her we have an appointment for a laser alignment tomorrow at 9:00. We will just have to give them a call at 8:00 and go from there.
After supper as we where walking back from the Applebees, I decided I would try to start the Spyder. It started right up. I took it for a 12 mile ride. All went well. I am hoping the dealer tomorrow can check it out. Good night. Contacted my dealer and Spyder is going into the shop on Saturday. Should be done on Monday. GREAT SERVICE.....:yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
09-25-2013, 11:00 AM
That's the throttle body. :shocked:
I had a couple of stray "1614s" pop up before the bike refused to clear it's throat for me. :gaah:
Good Luck!

safecracker
09-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Stopped bt the dealer today and they had the throttle body in. I asked them if they could replace mine tomorrow instead of Monday. They said sure. GREAT customer service goes out to Huff's Forest Products in Pittsfield, Maine. Bruce

Bob Denman
09-26-2013, 05:48 PM
:congrats: It'll be good to have it back for the weekend... :ohyea:
After all; it WILL need to be tested. :D

safecracker
09-27-2013, 07:11 AM
Bob, that is what I am hoping for. :ohyea:

safecracker
09-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Picked up the Spyder this afternoon. So far so good. :yes::yes::yes: