PDA

View Full Version : Tail of the Dragon and the Smokies.

R30SHIRE
09-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Had to change my trip date for the Tale of the Dragon wild ride. I will be there Friday and Saturday October 4th and 5th. Anyone going to be there these dates? Staying in Townsend.

Thanks,:thumbup:
Ron

Daisyjoe
09-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Man, what a bummer. I (along with another Spyder ryder) will be going on Oct 7th thru the 9th. Staying in Townsend, Tn. Plan to do the Dragon, Foothills Pkwy. and the Cherohala Skyway. Leaving on the 9th to go to Maggie Valley and do some ryding in that area for a couple of days. I'm hoping we can see some color change on the foliage, especially the higher elevations. Enjoy your stay and ryde safe!

R30SHIRE
09-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Man, what a bummer. I (along with another Spyder ryder) will be going on Oct 7th thru the 9th. Staying in Townsend, Tn. Plan to do the Dragon, Foothills Pkwy. and the Cherohala Skyway. Leaving on the 9th to go to Maggie Valley and do some ryding in that area for a couple of days. I'm hoping we can see some color change on the foliage, especially the higher elevations. Enjoy your stay and ryde safe!

Sounds like your also going to have fun.

maliamd
09-25-2013, 10:03 AM
I am starting to notice a change here in Maggie Valley. The leaves are beginning to turn yellow. Some oranges and reds at the higher elevations but not alot yet. I am thinking peak will be around mid to late October here in Maggie. ;)

bullant12
09-25-2013, 10:59 AM
We will be staying in a Cabin over at Mars Hill, NC north of Asheville. Arriving on the 7th, going to visit the Biltmore the 9th and planning to ride parts of the BRP on the 12th, coming back home the 13th.