PDA

View Full Version : any spyders in racine wi

Farmer
09-23-2013, 05:32 PM
:spyder: :spyder2: any spyder riders in Racine wi my wife and I are looking to ride with other spyders

Chelle Crane
10-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi . My husband & I live in Kenosha.

Explorer53525
10-06-2013, 11:53 PM
:spyder: :spyder2: any spyder riders in Racine wi my wife and I are looking to ride with other spyders

Hi Farmer, I recently moved to Gurnee and would love to meet you and your wife for a ride. I also ride with a group from Johnson Creek, WI and another from Woodstock, IL

eaglemrpaul
10-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi guys,

I'm planning on riding up to North Freedom, WI which is just West of Baraboo, WI this Sunday, Oct 13, 2013. The Mid-Continent Railway has color rides through the Baraboo River Valley. It's a 3 hour ride from Salem, WI. Figure a little over three hours with gas stops. Departure times for the 7 mile train ride are Sunday 11:40AM, 1:10PM, & 2:40PM. I'l like to leave the area here around 9AM to be able to catch that 1:10 departure. That way we can get home before the sun get low in the sky. I know the sun will be at our backs coming home but for oncoming traffic it will be in their eyes. I like to ride safe. I'm not much for expressways and avoid them. I plan on taking US 12. If you would like to come along let me know and we'll decide on a rally point.

eaglemrpaul
10-09-2013, 06:30 AM
If North Freedom is too far or if that's too early on a Sunday morning I'm open to suggestions.

Explorer53525
10-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi guys,

I'm planning on riding up to North Freedom, WI which is just West of Baraboo, WI this Sunday, Oct 13, 2013. The Mid-Continent Railway has color rides through the Baraboo River Valley. It's a 3 hour ride from Salem, WI. Figure a little over three hours with gas stops. Departure times for the 7 mile train ride are Sunday 11:40AM, 1:10PM, & 2:40PM. I'l like to leave the area here around 9AM to be able to catch that 1:10 departure. That way we can get home before the sun get low in the sky. I know the sun will be at our backs coming home but for oncoming traffic it will be in their eyes. I like to ride safe. I'm not much for expressways and avoid them. I plan on taking US 12. If you would like to come along let me know and we'll decide on a rally point.

That sounds like a ride I'd enjoy. Count me in. I'm a half hour from Salem, so just send me a meeting point for 9 a.m. or I am fine with leaving earlier if you want to stop anywhere else.

Explorer53525
10-14-2013, 07:03 AM
I have posted the pictures. https://wisoar.shutterfly.com/pics2013/1578 Fun meeting you all. Hope it warms up so we can squeeze in another ride.

Farmer
10-14-2013, 08:20 AM
The wife and I had a great time can't wait too do it again.it got a little cold when the sun set but still a very nice time. We loved the run abouts. Lol enjoy your week.:yes:

Farmer
10-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Chelle Crane it would be nice to get together for a ride when weather permitting
We had a very nice ride Sunday with some awesome people we went to Baraboo for a nice train ride then to Monks for burgers then home awesome time.

eaglemrpaul
10-15-2013, 06:49 AM
I've been fortunate enough to have put quite a few miles on this summer traveling Wisconsin. It's been my experience that the best ride is always the next one. This ride we just took to North Freedom will be hard to top but somehow I know it will be.

I think we would have been fine leaving Baraboo but my GPS lady wanted me to turn right on Raisins Street. I don't like raisins in any shape or form including fruit, streets, or roads (at least thats my excuse). I'm also having some issues with roundabouts. I'm not sure why, after all from above they're shaped like cringle and I like cringle.

Wonderful pictures Greta. Thanks for sharing.

Questions
10-16-2013, 08:32 AM
I am from Kenosha, with my Wife ( Chelle Crane ) in a few comments above. Would love to get some local meet and greets going.

Farmer
10-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes it sounds good oct. 26 Johnson Creek Robs motorsports open house Spyder Riders will be there should be good time if its cold bring your car.:chat:

Farmer
10-21-2013, 05:34 PM
The riding season is coming to a end hopefully we will see every one next year thanks Paul and Greta once again enjoy:yes:

wis2013rtltd
10-22-2013, 09:20 AM
you know Wisconsin, there will be a few days in the 50's with sun before Thanksgiving. There is still another several rides possible.

Farmer
10-22-2013, 05:32 PM
you know Wisconsin, there will be a few days in the 50's with sun before Thanksgiving. There is still another several rides possible.

I'll be ready:trike:

Chelle Crane
10-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Joe and I were kicking the idea of Cedarburg or maybe Wildcat Saturday. :trike::trike:

Farmer
10-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Joe and I were kicking the idea of Cedarburg or maybe Wildcat Saturday. :trike::trike:

Would love to but we have the daughters birthday party she will be 28. Otherwise we would maybe next time enjoy. Post photos :2thumbs:

Jwenzen
02-10-2014, 07:58 PM
From Waterford in Racine County. Also a SOAR member. Would love to ride with your guys this spring.

figmotoday
02-10-2014, 08:28 PM
from winthrop harbor, IL...........I just found this thread, I'm ready to hook up & ride.

Mazo EMS2
05-30-2015, 07:12 PM
An old thread, but are any of you guys still meeting for rides? We got our Spyder this spring and are always looking for rides. We live in the big village of Arena, WI (about 30 miles west of Madison on hwy 14) I personally love riding west and northwest of here with all the hills and ridge tops. Would consider riding east though too. Anything in the works for this summer?

Rick

3 Wheel Rider
05-30-2015, 08:01 PM
Hi . My husband & I live in Kenosha.

I was Born in raised in Kenosha!!! Will be back in K-town for the 4th of Jul, visiting family. :chat: :bbq: :cheers: Too bad our allotted time off dictates that we fly up rather than ride.

wis2013rtltd
06-01-2015, 10:37 AM
An old thread, but are any of you guys still meeting for rides? We got our Spyder this spring and are always looking for rides. We live in the big village of Arena, WI (about 30 miles west of Madison on hwy 14) I personally love riding west and northwest of here with all the hills and ridge tops. Would consider riding east though too. Anything in the works for this summer?

Rick

Check out the SOAR (Spyder owners and riders) group.

They do it right and although we have not been able to join many rides, we always hear great things.

Hope to see you on the roads, we ride your way several times each season.

Mazo EMS2
06-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Check out the SOAR (Spyder owners and riders) group.

They do it right and although we have not been able to join many rides, we always hear great things.

Hope to see you on the roads, we ride your way several times each season.

Give us a heads up next time ya head this way if interested. I grew up in Spring Green so I might be able to show ya some new territory.

figmotoday
06-01-2015, 04:52 PM

Rick

Hi Rick,
Just saw your post. Be cool to ride this summer; I'm on IL/WS border. Weekends or weekdays or both work for you? I spend a lot of time at great lakes dragaway, south of Milwaukee. The rally in mid August in Johnson Creek is a cool time.
Jon

justcalldon
06-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Rick I am in Racine, I have a White RT Limited maybe we can get together and ride someday.

Don