PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Recall

Spydered
09-22-2013, 07:10 AM
My RT-L has been in for the recall for two weeks now. Dealer told me the evap canister was melted and they had to order the parts.

I thought I had no major heat related issues. If the area around the tupperware was on the hotter side of warm I attributed that to being enclosed in plastic. I had and still have on occasions the stalling issue.

Just disappointed that it is taking so long.

cuznjohn
09-22-2013, 07:56 AM
i waited two weeks for a tire from them, they are very bad getting parts for our bikes

Dan McNally
09-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Perhaps a smart lawyer would consider starting a class action lawsuit against BRP for loss of use . . . They know (and knew) there were heat issues that were melting master cylinders, brake cables, and charcoal canisters . . . dealerships should have been shipped these parts based upon the number of 2013 Sypders they sold that the recall effected, so they would be on hand and available for the repairs during the recall work. BRP could have sent the parts in advance and directed the dealers to return unopened, unused parts, upon completion of the recall work on all the Spyders they sold. Instead, 2013 Spyders are "held hostage" while orders are placed and filled on a "business as usual" schedule. I spent $26,000 on 5 June and have lost almost a month of the time I could have/should have been able to ride my Spyder since the word came out about the recall. Their wording in the original announcement was very cleverly written . . . telling us we could ride, but to be aware of the issue . . . like I am supposed to know that my master cylinder can burst and lose all the brake fluid and still be expected to run down the highway at 70, "being careful?" How are you supposed to stop when the brake fluid is gone and the engine bursts into flame while doing highway speeds in traffic? They lawyered their way out of that with their wording. I think the Spyder is awesome, I have no doubt I will have lots of enjoyment with it, eventually . . . once the parts show up at the dealership and they finally do the work . . . but the three + weeks I have not been riding something I paid so much money for is a huge customer service failure on BRP's part . . . and they don't seem to care. It would have cost them next to nothing (shipping) to have the parts in place at the dealerships for the recall. Just my opinion. Hey, BRP, toss us a bone, here . . . at least act like you care. I could have bought a Harley Trike or a Gold Wing Trike . . . and many folks will if you keep placing profit so very far above customer service.

MouthPiece
09-22-2013, 10:20 AM
My RT-L has been in for the recall for two weeks now. Dealer told me the evap canister was melted and they had to order the parts.

I thought I had no major heat related issues. If the area around the tupperware was on the hotter side of warm I attributed that to being enclosed in plastic. I had and still have on occasions the stalling issue.

As well you should be. Your dealer should have had that part overnighted as mine did and installed the next day.

Chris

Lilly
09-22-2013, 10:29 AM
As well you should be. Your dealer should have had that part overnighted as mine did and installed the next day.

Chris

IMHO you have the best dealership than any one's i have ever done business with :) wish i lived closer to Sanford!!!!!!

Copperman
09-22-2013, 11:19 AM

When the dealership did mine, they took the parts off a new model because they didn't have the needed parts in stock. The service writer didn't offer that option, I had to ask for it. I asked the owner and he agreed, without hesitation. Call them and ask.

Woody
09-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Good luck with a loss of use suit with a recreational luxury item. It is not like a necessity.

Huddleston
09-22-2013, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=Spydered;693135]My RT-L has been in for the recall for two weeks now. Dealer told me the evap canister was melted and they had to order the parts. ...
QUOTE]
My canister was melted also. However, my dealer took one off of a new Spyder and installed it. They will put the ordered canister back onto the new Spyder. It's too bad your dealer is not as willing to satisfy his customer.

Bob Denman
09-22-2013, 05:35 PM
It seems that as nerves get frayed; folks start wanting to flip out the, "Call a Lawyer and sue the :cus:" card.
Once an attourney is invovled; you won't hear from BRP, and they won't stretch to pick up the phone to hear from you. Their legal team will put some pretty maddening (to you!) limitations on just what can be said or done until anything gets settled...:gaah:
I have found that the folks who are getting the best service from their dealers; probbly behaved like good customers right from the start.
It IS true; you can catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar... nojoke
Call the shop; ask about the status of the parts hsipment... stop by with a box of donuts to say "Hi" Let them remember you as the customer that they'd REALLY like to help... :thumbup:

NancysToy
09-22-2013, 06:46 PM
It seems that as nerves get frayed; folks start wanting to flip out the, "Call a Lawyer and sue the :cus:" card.
Once an attourney is invovled; you won't hear from BRP, and they won't stretch to pick up the phone to hear from you. Their legal team will put some pretty maddening (to you!) limitations on just what can be said or done until anything gets settled...:gaah:
I have found that the folks who are getting the best service from their dealers; probbly behaved like good customers right from the start.
Call the shop; ask about the status of the parts hsipment... stop by with a box of donuts to say "Hi" Let them remember you as the customer that they'd REALLY like to help... :thumbup:
Good advice!

Chupaca
09-22-2013, 07:03 PM
before hand. If they do not have the parts go where they do. Seems to be a two sided problem. Dealers not stocking parts and suppliers not having the parts (that one is a tough one to swallow). Agree that BRP should have sent out all parts possibly affected with the heat treatment kits. In some cases dealers can scavenge parts or put a rush on them when available. Up to the dealer pretty much..!! :dontknow:

Dan McNally
09-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Call the dealer? Here is my "call the dealer" experience. "Hi, I have a CanAm Spyder I need to schedule service for. I have a prob . ." Cut off by: "You will have to talk to service. I'll transfer you." Five minutes on hold . . . same voice: "Hasn't service answered yet? He must be busy. Try calling later." Click. I got that multiple times for two days. Two days later: "I've been trying to reach CanAm Spyder service for two days. " "Oh, I'll take a message" Three hours later, still no call so I try again . . . this time I tell them it is me again and service never called back . . . they connected me and I got through this time. My dealer has no concept of customer service. Once I get my Spyder back, "my dealer" will be a different one.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Call the dealer? Here is my "call the dealer" experience. "Hi, I have a CanAm Spyder I need to schedule service for. I have a prob . ." Cut off by: "You will have to talk to service. I'll transfer you." Five minutes on hold . . . same voice: "Hasn't service answered yet? He must be busy. Try calling later." Click. I got that multiple times for two days. Two days later: "I've been trying to reach CanAm Spyder service for two days. " "Oh, I'll take a message" Three hours later, still no call so I try again . . . this time I tell them it is me again and service never called back . . . they connected me and I got through this time. My dealer has no concept of customer service. Once I get my Spyder back, "my dealer" will be a different one.

I'm sorry to inform you that you have just become a member of ..........." THE DEALER FROM HELL CLUB ", but seriously I really feel your pain and truly hope you can get some satisfaction and assistance with your issue........for those not aware of the original " dealer from hell ".....they are located in Essex Jct. VT and go by the name of " LAND AIR ".....Just so you know .....Mike :thumbup:

Ronbo
09-22-2013, 10:28 PM
before hand. If they do not have the parts go where they do. Seems to be a two sided problem. Dealers not stocking parts and suppliers not having the parts (that one is a tough one to swallow). Agree that BRP should have sent out all parts possibly affected with the heat treatment kits. In some cases dealers can scavenge parts or put a rush on them when available. Up to the dealer pretty much..!! :dontknow:

I agree .... A lot of it is up to the service manager. It's almost like they are trying to avoid doing the work by not having the parts. I will drive all day to get to the guys that are friendly, knowledgeable, and understand the two words: "CUSTOMER SERVIVE".

chuck gross
09-22-2013, 10:30 PM
I know in this neck of the woods with hunting season already starting up (BOW hunters first!) That my dealer gets quite busy with hunters wanting their Can Am quads serviced as well as everybody with a 2013 roadster wanting the recall work done and soon it will be the snowmobiles. I am not sticking up for dealers with chronic bad customer service just saying spyder owners are not the only species they have to please every day!

Ronbo
09-22-2013, 10:33 PM
I agree .... A lot of it is up to the service manager. It's almost like they are trying to avoid doing the work by not having the parts. I will drive all day to get to the guys that are friendly, knowledgeable, and understand the two words: "CUSTOMER SERVIVE".

Spell corrector got me again: should have typed "CUSTOMER SERVICE", although CUSTOMER SURVIVE may be more appropriate.

flaggerphil
09-23-2013, 12:19 AM
I feel fortunate that I now have a dealer that bends over backwards for me...and others in the area. A far cry from my first dealer here, who lied to me about matters and didn't do work they were supposed to.

Having a good dealer makes all the difference in the world.

johnnyrocket
09-23-2013, 08:10 PM

In regards to your stalling issue, have the tech hook up BUDS and see if your purge valve is bad. That has happened 3 times on mine. Good luck on your parts order.

Ronbo
09-24-2013, 10:23 AM

Dealers know the recall is out. No excuse for not ordering parts in quantity and having them waiting.

jerpinoy
09-24-2013, 11:17 AM
I always remember best customer service are given to the best customers.

Like others said some dealers bend backward to their best customers.

It always pays to be nice than an as*****

MouthPiece
09-24-2013, 06:45 PM

Good advice!

Not only good, but excellent advice.

​Chris

Dan McNally
09-24-2013, 08:41 PM

So everyone who has a crappy dealer is an as:cus:? That's quite a stretch. SOME dealers bend over backwards for all their customers and some dealers don't really care, once they have your money. I have been nothing but courteous and polite with everyone I've spoken to at my dealership . . . and if the guy I call to talk to is busy, I get" He's busy . . . call back" and get hung up on.

flaggerphil
09-24-2013, 08:56 PM

With some dealers, there's no real customer service at all. You can be the nicest person in the world, but if the dealer doesn't care, or is incompetent, there's nothing you can do.

Except find another dealer. Which is what I did.

Dan McNally
09-24-2013, 09:38 PM
and I, once I get my Spyder back

Daisyjoe
09-25-2013, 09:39 PM

How many miles do you have on your bike?

Daisyjoe
09-25-2013, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=Spydered;693135]My RT-L has been in for the recall for two weeks now. Dealer told me the evap canister was melted and they had to order the parts. ...
QUOTE]
My canister was melted also. However, my dealer took one off of a new Spyder and installed it. They will put the ordered canister back onto the new Spyder. It's too bad your dealer is not as willing to satisfy his customer.

How many miles do you have on your bike?