PDA

View Full Version : Safety recall

Dubld
09-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Had the recall done on my 2013 RT-S on Saturday. Everything looked good. No melting.

Chupaca
09-22-2013, 12:29 AM
slowly one can see that not all the spyders in the world are going up in flames. There are many with no problem though one has to consider the variables involved. Many are shying away from the 2013 models (all of them) even though not all have a problem. Later productions had the needed repairs done before being shipped. Glad you had your done and all is good..!! :thumbup:

TexAmRider
09-23-2013, 08:47 AM
I had my recall fix completed on Saturday as well. No issues with the MC or evap canister. The service manager said he had only 1 out of the last 47 done with any signs of a melting problem. About an hour in and out. I trailered it back home, and rode out Sunday, went about 150 miles and really no significant change in the heating of the bike. Haven't really had any issues with heat. The sun was more of a heat issue yesterday on the black seat than the engine compartment was. My wife really praises the riding comfort of the Spyder over our VTX. If shes happy, everybody is happy. :clap:

2013 RT SE5 - Gadget floorboards, Storage compartment nets, Ride and go cup holders, Got to keep the farkles going.

JkRbbt
09-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Had the recall done on my 2013 RT-S on Saturday. Everything looked good. No melting.

Ditto! :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
09-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Had mine done saturday also, melted part of the way, (8,000 miles) fixed now. Get it checked

Cruzr joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

maliamd
09-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Just had the recall done. Complete check and in and out in 3 hours.:clap:

jerpinoy
09-23-2013, 01:11 PM
This is the best part , that these recall are done and keep these:spyder2: safe to ride and enjoy.

GuitarPlayer
09-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Had the recall performed on my 2013 RT-Ltd last Thursday. No signs of anything melting so I'm good to go.

I've got almost 9000 miles on my RT and I've enjoyed every mile.

Tony

Dan McNally
09-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Dropped mine off at the dealer on Sep 16th for a 9 AM appointment on the 17th. They had to order a master cylinder and a parking brake cable. Just got off the phone and he said the parts arrived today and he hopes to install them tomorrow, but no promises. He replaced one bad heim joint last week . . . one was the dreaded #4 with no painted dot, and the other was OK. It turns out, as I suspected, one mechanic is the entire "CanAm Service Department" . . . he schedules, writes tickets, answers (or doesn't) the phone and does the maintenance. Nice young fellow, but I think they have him overextended. I hope he finishes tomorrow . . . I want to ride.

3 Wheel Addict
09-23-2013, 06:52 PM
The recall was done on mine before I even picked it up new on the 10th. Mine is now back in the shop with 420 miles for heating the fuel tank to the point of boiling the gas and filling my garage with gas fumes. Clearly some have issues and some don't? Not sure why??

stewartj239
09-23-2013, 07:36 PM
My recall work was done last Monday. No problems whatsoever and I've done both short and long trips with it. I do wonder how wide spread of a problem it really is. It would be nice to know the ratio.

driver
09-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Took my 13 RT in for the safety recall, They had it a week and it had some heat damage. They replaced the vapor canister. The tech said it was so brittle from the heat that he put his finger through it. I've got a little over 8200 miles on it.

Spyder pat
09-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Had my recall done and they had to change the master cylinder and the vapor canister which had a hole melted into it. To all 2013 RT owners, please do not ignore this recall it can save you a lot of grief down the road.