PDA

View Full Version : Lake Barkley

patty
09-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Who is going to Lake Barkley? Are we going to ride together? Paul and I will be leaving Friday morning(10/04/13) for Kentucky.I am ready for a long weekend.:yes:

Kmort44
09-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Who is going to Lake Barkley? Are we going to ride together? Paul and I will be leaving Friday morning(10/04/13) for Kentucky.I am ready for a long weekend.:yes:

Havent really laid out a plan yet but I'm also planning on Friday morning, let's see who else chimes in!

Copperman
09-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Jackie and I are leaving Friday morning from Indianapolis. I talked with Dick (TrickieDick) the other day and he said he's going, too. Just waiting to see if we're riding down together.

Jerry

Trickie Dick
09-22-2013, 07:51 PM
I know Tina(8 Legs) and Pat are planning on going and I'm sure will chime in. Also Dick574 said he is going. So we should have a good group.
I suggest those of you from north of Indy plan on meeting and coming down to my house Friday morning. Kevin, I will tell the gatekeeper to let you in(if you are accompanied by your wife):roflblack:.
Lets tentatively plan on leaving here around 10-10:30 or so(open for suggestions). I figure it's about 6 hours from my place.

Lookin forward to it.

8LEGS
09-22-2013, 09:05 PM
I know myself and Indiana Pearl are going, as well as a fellow GOS member. Kevin and Dick have to go the furthest so I'll let them chime in on the time. Personally, I would like to leave earlier. Also, Dick (Dick574) and I were talking the other day and he suggested we take 29 to Indy. I'm up for that, also it will be convient to pick up Teri, GOS member, in Burlington.

If going by way of 29.........
I imagine some of you will be meeting at the truck stop in Peru on US31 (Gallahans), from there you can take 24 to Logansport. To keep from back tracking, I can meet up with the others at Speedway in Logansport where we can top off on fuel. Teri will be waiting at a station in Burlington to hook up with us. From there we can go to Dick's house in Carmel to meet up with the others then head to Kentucky. Let me know. Ideas???

Trickie Dick
09-23-2013, 05:58 AM
I'm fine with leaving earlier as well. If everyone can make it here earlier then we'll take off then.
I'm thinking we can avoid the freeway as much as possible by taking 37 to Bloomington and picking up 45/445/54 over to the new I69 south of Bloomfield. From there, through Evansville and then hit 41 south before picking up 60 a few miles south of Evansville. Take that west and south to Kuttawa. It looks like about 274 miles from my house. Open to suggestions. :dontknow:
http://mapq.st/15Ozpu1

Copperman
09-23-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm fine with leaving earlier as well. If everyone can make it here earlier then we'll take off then.
I'm thinking we can avoid the freeway as much as possible by taking 37 to Bloomington and picking up 45/445/54 over to the new I69 south of Bloomfield. From there, through Evansville and then hit 41 south before picking up 60 a few miles south of Evansville. Take that west and south to Kuttawa. It looks like about 274 miles from my house. Open to suggestions. :dontknow:
http://mapq.st/15Ozpu1

I guess you Northern Indiana folks will determine what time we hit the road. See you soon!

Kmort44
09-23-2013, 09:52 PM
I guess you Northern Indiana folks will determine what time we hit the road. See you soon!

Hey Copperman........YOU TALKING TO ME!!!!:thumbup::lecturef_smilie:

dick574
09-23-2013, 10:28 PM
By taking 29 down to Indy, we miss all the construction crap around Kokomo. Kev & Tina, should we meet at the truck stop around 8 - 8:30?
Patty & Paul may want to meet there also. Is Jim from Peru going?

8LEGS
09-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I haven't heard from Jim yet. I thought he said he was going, but I don't remember. Trickie Dick, can you call him to find out? I can meet up at Gallahans, need to contact Patty and Paul and see where to meet up with them.

Trickie Dick
09-24-2013, 07:39 PM
I haven't heard from Jim yet. I thought he said he was going, but I don't remember. Trickie Dick, can you call him to find out? I can meet up at Gallahans, need to contact Patty and Paul and see where to meet up with them.
I'll call Jim but the last time I talked to him he wasn't going. I'll check again though.

patty
09-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Paul and i will meet you at speeway in logansport. going to galahans then to speedway we will drive right by our house again!

8LEGS
09-24-2013, 08:40 PM
By taking 29 down to Indy, we miss all the construction crap around Kokomo. Kev & Tina, should we meet at the truck stop around 8 - 8:30?
Patty & Paul may want to meet there also. Is Jim from Peru going?

8 sounds good if that is ok for Kevin. I'll meet you at the truck stop, then Head to Logansport to pickup Patty and Paul. I still need to get with Teri and get the location in Burlington to meet up with her.

dick574
09-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Kevin, is 8 ok with you? Will there be 1 or 2 in your party?

8LEGS
09-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Kevin, is 8 ok with you? Will there be 1 or 2 in your party?

There better be two, otherwise the guards at Trickie Dicks gated community won't allow him in. He'll just have to wait on the "outside" until we leave.

lovingit
09-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Wife and I are leaving louisville area mid morning, heading through corydon, Brandenburg, hardinsburg, hartford, central city, on over to the hotel. Any southern In/louisville/cincy or lexington folks coming our way? We would love to have company.
Troy and Alisa McDowell

dick574
09-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Troy, I'm not sure if Cathy Hale from Madison is going or not. PM her at halesangel13 & ask her.

Kmort44
09-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Looks like Ill have to wait outside the gated community for you guys since my wife has decided not to go but as far as meeting at Callahan's I can be there by 8:00.
Looking forward to ryding down again this year!

dick574
09-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Looks like Ill have to wait outside the gated community for you guys since my wife has decided not to go but as far as meeting at Callahan's I can be there by 8:00.

Kevin, your wife must be like vaporware. You talk about her but we never see her.

Trickie Dick
09-26-2013, 06:50 AM
Kevin, your wife must be like vaporware. You talk about her but we never see her.

I agree. She must be ashamed to be seen with him. :gaah:

KatLen0405 has signed up to go as well. Does anyone know if they are riding down with us? Also 8Legs, Jim is not going. He is going ATV riding in Wisconsin that weekend.

SpyderFun
09-26-2013, 03:14 PM
You guys have a safe ride and a great time! :thumbup:

As for me....I will be on the beach soaking up the sun in beautiful San Diego, CA! :ohyea:
Yes its a rough job....but I will begrudgingly do it and take one for the team! :bowdown:

I may even raise my glass and toast you all!
:cheers: :roflblack:

Kmort44
09-26-2013, 05:38 PM

Isn't that the best wife of all:thumbup:

[QUOTE=Trickie Dick;695413]I agree. She must be ashamed to be seen with him. :gaah:

With my good looks and charm, how could you say such a thing:clap:

I think it has more to do with the stories I come back with, trying to explain to her that you guys really are "kinda cool".
Maybe my sarcasm doesn't work to your advantage:lecturef_smilie:.

Any whoooo.....lets get this party started:2thumbs:

Ryde on.....

Kevin

8LEGS
09-26-2013, 07:13 PM

Don't worry Kevin . . . . . Tell your wife we'll take good care of you. We'll make sure NOTHING you do gets posted online for all to see. :dontknow: I know nothing......... :D

8LEGS
09-26-2013, 07:18 PM
ok, to everyone in Northern Indiana, looks like we are meeting at Gallahan truck stop on US31 in Peru at 0800 and leaving soon after. We take US24 to Logansport Road and meet Petty & Paul at speedway in Logansport. From there we take 29 to Burlington to pick up Teri then off to Dicks house, where we leave Kevin at the gate. Kevin, we'll pick you up when we leave :roflblack:

Dick, you can lead us from there, it sounds like you have a decent route planed out. Also, if you could, will you mail me the route so I can plug it into te GPS?

See y'all soon.

Trickie Dick
09-26-2013, 09:17 PM
ok, to everyone in Northern Indiana, looks like we are meeting at Gallahan truck stop on US31 in Peru at 0800 and leaving soon after. We take US24 to Logansport Road and meet Petty & Paul at speedway in Logansport. From there we take 29 to Burlington to pick up Teri then off to Dicks house, where we leave Kevin at the gate. Kevin, we'll pick you up when we leave :roflblack:

Dick, you can lead us from there, it sounds like you have a decent route planed out. Also, if you could, will you mail me the route so I can plug it into te GPS?

See y'all soon.
The route is in post 6. I'm visiting the triplets but will get you the route next week if you still need it.
I love it when a plan come together.

Kmort44
09-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Hey SteveMac,

Great to see You and Connie are coming to Kuttawa. Looking forward to checking out your new Wing!

Safe travels and we'll see ya when we see ya!

It's WING.....to make it funny........

Kevin

Copperman
09-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Hey Copperman........YOU TALKING TO ME!!!!:thumbup::lecturef_smilie:

Oooh maaaan... You guys up north control everything. Just like a woman (women rule the world)! They like to let us think we do, but they really do. nojoke Kevin, don't tell them I said that and I'll try to slip you in past the guard. :roflblack:

So, what time you guys planning on getting to Dicks?

Kmort44
09-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Oooh maaaan... You guys up north control everything. Just like a woman (women rule the world)! They like to let us think we do, but they really do. nojoke Kevin, don't tell them I said that and I'll try to slip you in past the guard. :roflblack:

So, what time you guys planning on getting to Dicks?

I would say if were meeting in Peru @ 08:00 then we should be in Indy by 10:00ish..that being said it all depends on others arrival times at the specified meeting place along the way. With everyone being so excited to get down there and start relaxing/partying we should make great time:ohyea:

Good to hear your making the trip, see ya soon, take care,

Kevin

8LEGS
09-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Not sure if you all received my PM's I sent or not. Due to a death in the family our plans have changed. We are still planning on going, however, we have a couple things to take care of Friday morning. Sorry we're going to miss the convoy down to Kentucky.

Kmort44
09-30-2013, 08:41 PM
8legs, so sorry to hear about your GrandPa, and that you can't make the convoy. My sympathies! Hope everything goes as planned now and you get to take some time off for some fun.

Hey Dick574 are we still on for 08:00 at Gallihans or do we meet some where else?

Patty and Paul (toys in the attic) need to let us know where to meet up with them?

Anyone else interested in riding down with the Indiana contingent just chime in here.

Trickie Dick
09-30-2013, 09:54 PM
We'll proceed as planned. If Tina and Pat can make our convoy that would be great. I told Tina we can make last minute adjustments to accommodate them if they can leave Friday morning.
Otherwise we can plan on leaving my house around 10:00 Friday morning. If anyone needs directions or my address please PM me and I will get it to you. I look forward to seeing you all then.
BTW, those of you coming down 31 the construction through north Carmel is pretty much done for the time being. They've cut out several lights so the trip is getting quicker. Kokomo remains to be a PITA with all the lights. The bypass construction is not bad now.
Swinging over from Peru to Logansport and down 29/421 is going to take longer but it's your call. If you are coming straight from Logansport or south of it then, by all means come down 29. I'm half way between 421/29 and 31 so it's easy to get to my house from either direction.

patty
10-01-2013, 09:05 PM
We will meet at Gallahans as planned .How we get to Indy is still up for discussion. There is a spyder syster in Burlington to pick up. If you are reading this syster let us know where to meet you. You will be able to recognize us we will be on Spyders! LOL!

8LEGS
10-02-2013, 08:11 AM
I've contacted Teri in Burlington. She just wants me to call her before Indiana Pearl and myself head out. So, if you all would rather go by way of 31, it would be quicker. I was told yesterday the construction is much better than it has been. Don't let the party get out of hand until we get there.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

patty
10-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Paul and i will be at Gallahans at 8am. We can decide how to get toTrickie Dicks at that time.

Kmort44
10-03-2013, 08:37 PM
I can't believe that I got talked into going with the weather as crappy as its becoming but I'll be at Gallihan's at 08:00.....yippeeeeee

Copperman
10-03-2013, 08:44 PM
I can't believe that I got talked into going with the weather as crappy as its becoming but I'll be at Gallihan's at 08:00.....yippeeeeee

Heck Kevin... Compared to traveling to Spyderfest, this'll be a breeze. See ya in the morning!