PDA

View Full Version : Great bike

Big bike man
09-21-2013, 06:45 PM
:clap:My wife and I just road our 2013 R T spider 225 miles and no problem,s at all I think that we all need to give this bike a chance to prove it self. Just saying good riding my friend,s

MrLooney
09-21-2013, 07:10 PM
8,400 flawless miles and going strong

Chupaca
09-21-2013, 07:14 PM
the problems are being addressed solutions are being tested and made and the roadsters are working fine. All solutions will never come fast enough but once they are done I think folks will be happy with their units once again and enjoy them for what they are...fun..!! Now of course winter is a comin and the topic will change to cold weather and how long it will be till many can ryde again. Not me...I moved from the north east and now ryde all year...:roflblack:

Vrooom
09-23-2013, 09:38 AM
We had so much fun the first 1200 miles that we bought a trailer to haul our 2013 rt-se5 and we are headed to Az for the winter with it. Being a newbie to a spyder or any larger bike gives us nothing to compare to, so all is good from that perspective. We also have a Suzuki Burghman 650 scooter with training wheels (Voyager kit), but it will be on the auction block when we get out to Mesa. It too is fun, but there is no comparison to the features and comfort of our spyder.

Bob Denman
09-23-2013, 09:49 AM
:clap:My wife and I just road our 2013 R T spider 225 miles and no problem,s at all I think that we all need to give this bike a chance to prove it self. Just saying good riding my friend,s

We had so much fun the first 1200 miles that we bought a trailer to haul our 2013 rt-se5 and we are headed to Az for the winter with it. Being a newbie to a spyder or any larger bike gives us nothing to compare to, so all is good from that perspective. We also have a Suzuki Burghman 650 scooter with training wheels (Voyager kit), but it will be on the auction block when we get out to Mesa. It too is fun, but there is no comparison to the features and comfort of our spyder.

Congratulations to the both of you!! :2thumbs:

JkRbbt
09-23-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm with ya, Big Man! Since I replaced the ball joints, I have had very good luck with my '13 RT and it is a pleasure to ride. Just had the "heat recall" done and no damage found. I just hate to see the entire '13 production year to get a bad rap.

TexAmRider
09-23-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm with ya, Big Man! Since I replaced the ball joints, I have had very good luck with my '13 RT and it is a pleasure to ride. Just had the "heat recall" done and no damage found. I just hate to see the entire '13 production year to get a bad rap.

I agree. We've had our 2013 RT SE5 since May, and other than the recall, and a service bulletin about the heim links and upgrade on the shocks no problems. The handling so much better with the upgraded shocks. I'm looking forward to the 2014 changes and lower RPM operation, but pleased with my 2013. Love the ride. :D

willey
09-23-2013, 11:30 AM
10,500 trouble free miles.Have talked a little bit about trading for a 14.The only reason we would trade is for the added 100+ miles between fuel stops.We took two trips this year,one was 5000 miles and the other was 900 miles.All of the other bikes we were with could go 200+ miles between fuel stops.When you are ridding in the western states you have to think about fuel after about 80 miles because you don't know when you will see another station.That is a real pain in the butt.Other than that,the 2013 is a good bike,loads of fun to ride.And oh!yellow is the best color:roflblack:

Bob Ledford
09-23-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't see where the 13's are really getting a bad rap overall. Some negative press from the small amount of forum posters. Maybe? It would be interesting to know how many 2013 owners there on the forum versus the number of problem posters. Of course that troubled poster numbers would be slewed by the numbers of inane posters to the thread line.

It will be most interesting to see what sort, if anything significant, turns up on the 14's with the second major product change in 2 years.:hun::hun::hun::hun::hun::hun::hun::hun:

jerpinoy
09-23-2013, 12:25 PM
:congrats: to all who have no problems but let's not forget to some of our member who have heat, fire, boiling fuel inside the tank, ball joint, link, fuel fumes, canister, melted master cylinder plastic parts.

Their concerns and issues are the canaries for us to pay attention.

Cruzr Joe
09-23-2013, 12:44 PM
I love my 13, I also got the recall regarding the master cylinder done just in time, mine was partialy melted (8,000 miles), get it checked, your life may depend on it.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD