PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT Limited Ordered

NEXUS
09-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Well I got the 2014 ordered couldn't resist this is the one I been waiting on
for very a long time. I believe this will be the game changer the people at
Brewer Cycle in Henderson NC. really gave me a good deal. Tyler Brewer says
they have 50 on order I doubt they're all our RT’s but that's a lot either way.

Delivery should be sometime around mid-to-late October which isn't really
too long to wait, sort of.:popcorn:

Spyder RT Limited SE6 (semi auto trans)-Color-Silver Platinum Satin
Matching Silver Platinum Satin Trailer
Trailer Hitch
CB-XM-Intercom
Heated Comfort seat-Driver Back Rest

NEXUS

MikeT
09-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Sure Is purrrrrrrrrrrrrty. What color does BRP call the seat, Cabrenet? I have not seen a color palate online yet. All I've seen so far is yours and the orange.
For the last 7 years I've ridden 2-GL1800 trike conversions. One a solid axle and now a IRS. I am just about over the conversion game. I've been considering coming over too the Spyder side (RT LTD) since I developed signifigant OA at the base of my thumb, a year ago, because of the SE transmission. I looked real hard @the '13s; but thanks to the good honest people on this forum, I decided to pass. With the announcement of the '14s my interest has been renewed. The specs of the RT LTD are much more comparable to those of the GL1800. With the addition of the 6 speed (which MH doesn't offer in their premier model), the unit seems more touring friendly(drivability and mileage). I forsee only 2 problems:
1. the distance a real good dealer is from me(2+ hrs), and
2. my wife is anti-trailer (safety and storage footprint) So the question is how much can be packed just on the RT LTD.
Bet you can't wait.
Mike

jimbo277630
09-21-2013, 03:23 PM
;)

Trailer Hitch
CB-XM-Intercom

NEXUS

jerpinoy
09-21-2013, 04:30 PM
You did a great decision :congrats: I wonder how much trade value I can get on my 2012 RT SE 5 with 1998 miles toward a 2014 RT SE 6 1330. I might just do that. I love my 2012 and 2014 looks more trilling.:yes:

NEXUS
09-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Sure Is purrrrrrrrrrrrrty. What color does BRP call the seat, Cabrenet? I have not seen a color palate online yet. All I've seen so far is yours and the orange.
For the last 7 years I've ridden 2-GL1800 trike conversions. One a solid axle and now a IRS. I am just about over the conversion game. I've been considering coming over too the Spyder side (RT LTD) since I developed signifigant OA at the base of my thumb, a year ago, because of the SE transmission. I looked real hard @the '13s; but thanks to the good honest people on this forum, I decided to pass. With the announcement of the '14s my interest has been renewed. The specs of the RT LTD are much more comparable to those of the GL1800. With the addition of the 6 speed (which MH doesn't offer in their premier model), the unit seems more touring friendly(drivability and mileage). I forsee only 2 problems:
2. my wife is anti-trailer (safety and storage footprint) So the question is how much can be packed just on the RT LTD.
Bet you can't wait.
Mike

Most dealers know they're holding the Ace card.

No promotions this early on anyway my question is once this hits the road will they be
able to keep up with demand and how low with the two cylinder RT end up in value.

Look on the bright side somebody looking for good deal on the late-model RT when this hits
the road I think you will find many.

This particular dealer is over two hours from me but to me it's not so bad the closest dealer I
have anyway 60 miles away.

As far as the price goes if you order this early before they even hit the floor you going to pay close
to retail I called five dealers in my area.

This dealer was cheapest + I already had bought a 2012 limited RT from him last year.

You don't really run into problems with clothes and whatnot but if you go somewhere and want to bring
something back or take something large with you the trailer is the away to go.

As far as packing stuff into the RT there is lots of room but the trailer is really the best way to go if you can
get your wife over it. I pulled the trailer behind the RT no problems really can't tell it back there, it pulls great.

Now the only thing I need patience.

Nexus

Chupaca
09-21-2013, 05:15 PM
nice looking ryde..hope the wait ain't to painful...:thumbup:

Questions
09-22-2013, 08:48 AM
When are they supposed to be getting them in the Dealerships?

Bob Denman
09-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Congratulations! :2thumbs:
That's a real beauty that you've got coming! :clap:

NEXUS
09-22-2013, 09:25 AM
When are they supposed to be getting them in the Dealerships?

It would be nice if it was next week but in reality probably not till the end of the month
or first part of November.

The dealership says mid-October or late October on their first delivery and the one I purchased
is supposed to be in that first delivery but it would not surprise me if it's sometime in November.

Buying something sight unseen you have a little apprehension that the hype and the picture in
your head turns out to be reality.

I still feel this unit will be a game changer for the RT that three cylinder Rotax engine is one of the best.

Nexus

Kungfuspyder
09-22-2013, 10:13 AM
I am considering on upgrading to the 2014 RT/LTD SE6 probably later in mid 2014. I want to see if there will be any defects or problems this new design will hold. I like more power. I have a mini pop up camper I pull, I just like the torque they are bragging about. Just going to wait and see.:popcorn::popcorn:

Daisyjoe
09-22-2013, 10:20 AM

Trailer Hitch
CB-XM-Intercom

NEXUS

My fav!! I love the color combo on this bike. Congratulations! You have a beautiful bike ordered.

OldCowboy
09-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Bet you can't wait.
Mike

Maximum Power Sports in Peru, IN has received good reports from Spyderlovers members. According to Google Maps, it's only 1 1/2 hours from Indianapolis.

The 2014 RT has 41 gal (5.5 cu ft) of storage. Slightly less than a Champion (6.75 cu ft), more than the Cobra (4 cu ft), and slightly more than the DFT (5 cu ft). With the custom luggage that comes with the LTD, you can really use all the available space.

dannyg
09-22-2013, 10:51 PM
"A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”"

Don't know what to say other than I read this and it just stopped me in my tracks for about 30 seconds. I've never been in the military but respect the heck out of our vets. Thanks for writing that. It's pretty special.

OldCowboy
09-22-2013, 11:12 PM
"A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”"

Don't know what to say other than I read this and it just stopped me in my tracks for about 30 seconds. I've never been in the military but respect the heck out of our vets. Thanks for writing that. It's pretty special.

It certainly puts it in perspective, doesn't it.

Wiredux
09-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

MikeT
09-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Maximum Power Sports in Peru, IN has received good reports from Spyderlovers members. According to Google Maps, it's only 1 1/2 hours from Indianapolis. The 2014 RT has 41 gal (5.5 cu ft) of storage.
Old Cowboy,
can you tell me where I can find those "good reports" about Maximum Power Sports on this forum???? I bought my first GL1800 from Aaron Pitts back when his family owned the shop. I looked in the IN sub board; but didn't find much, except everyone raves about RT. My Hannigan Gen1 is listed @7 cu.ft. of storage.
Thanks,
Mike

Tango
09-25-2013, 12:36 PM

Trailer Hitch
CB-XM-Intercom

NEXUS

What was the deal $$ on the bike itself? :thumbup: Tom :trike:

ARtraveler
09-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming purchase. That is also the model and color that I am going for. The chrome makes that version jump out pretty nice.

prmurat
09-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Congrats.... I am ordering mine very soon: won't be the limited as i am not crazy about the chrome wheels and extra chrome (still have an HD for too much chrome!). My dealer will loan me a 2014 pre production for a weekend very soon: can't wait!!