PDA

View Full Version : LED Mirror Turn Signal Light

3corvettes
09-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Want to put some mirror turn signal lights on my 2014 RT Limited. Anybody got ideas about which ones might work best?

Sarge707
09-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Want to put some mirror turn signal lights on my 2014 RT Limited. Anybody got ideas about which ones might work best?

Do a search of "Mirror Turn signal lights" and be prepared to read for a while!

boomerkc
09-20-2013, 08:46 PM
TricLED - SpyderLover Sponsor has them

http://tricled.com/TricLed.com/New_Items.html

Go to the 2nd item down the pager

samewok
09-20-2013, 09:21 PM
i have the tricled for the mirrors and really like them.

OWISE1
09-20-2013, 10:27 PM

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Sequential-33-LED-Turn-Signal-Arrow-Lights-p/led-sku332.htm

These look GREAT..:yes:

RTVIPER
09-20-2013, 11:58 PM
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Sequential-33-LED-Turn-Signal-Arrow-Lights-p/led-sku332.htm

These look GREAT..:yes:

I completely agree, these are awesome:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

WhiteFang
09-21-2013, 12:51 AM
bought yellow LED strips from AutoZone -- $20 -- wired in myself and installed on upper and lower edge of both mirrors.Its almost too bright.

MarkLawson
09-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Muth Mirror makes OEM style replacement mirrors (glass only) with embedded LEDs turn signals.

kyspyder
09-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Myth Mirror makes OEM style replacement mirrors (glass only) with embedded LEDs turn signals.

It is actually MUTH Mirror.

KYSPYDER

finless
09-21-2013, 09:50 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?55146-LED-turn-signals-on-side-mirrors-RT

Bob

jcthorne
10-01-2013, 07:20 AM
I agree the sequential arrows IN the mirror look far better and OEM in appearance. Much better than the stick on led strip. I too was a bit apprehensive about the install but ordered the kit from ijdmtoy and gave it a try over the weekend. Using my wifes hair dryer and a plastic paint scraper, removal of the mirror glass was not nearly as diffecult as I had imagined. Was easy to feel as the adhesive pad got soft from the heat and the scraper worked its way through. Very little force is needed and no where close to breaking the glass. Just don't rush it and force things or pull on the glass. Once the glass was off, using 3M adhesive remover to dissolve the remaining mess and then 3M mounting tape to contain the LED module and reattach the glass. Feeding the wires through to the back and connecting to the oem turn signal wire was easy. The end result looks great! For only $20 its amazing! Even my wife was quite impressed with the result, and she does not understand the whole customization thing at all.

tigerdr
10-01-2013, 11:27 AM
I agree the sequential arrows IN the mirror look far better and OEM in appearance. Much better than the stick on led strip. I too was a bit apprehensive about the install but ordered the kit from ijdmtoy and gave it a try over the weekend. Using my wifes hair dryer and a plastic paint scraper, removal of the mirror glass was not nearly as diffecult as I had imagined. Was easy to feel as the adhesive pad got soft from the heat and the scraper worked its way through. Very little force is needed and no where close to breaking the glass. Just don't rush it and force things or pull on the glass. Once the glass was off, using 3M adhesive remover to dissolve the remaining mess and then 3M mounting tape to contain the LED module and reattach the glass. Feeding the wires through to the back and connecting to the oem turn signal wire was easy. The end result looks great! For only $20 its amazing! Even my wife was quite impressed with the result, and she does not understand the whole customization thing at all.

Did you need more adhesive to put back the glass?

I receive the ijdmtoy kit and I will install those ledīs in next week...

Thanks

TIGERDR
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cruzr Joe
10-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Check with Harvey at Spyderpops, he has some real good ones. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

jcthorne
10-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Did you need more adhesive to put back the glass?

I receive the ijdmtoy kit and I will install those ledīs in next week...

Thanks

TIGERDR
Sent from my iPad using TapatalkThe original glass is held with a double stick mounting pad. I use the 3M mounting tape to hold the glass to the plastic backing and contain the led element. Used a strip of the tape all the way around the glass, trimming the edge with a razor blade to match the edge profile.

tigerdr
10-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks.

TIGERDR
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 Wheel Addict
10-01-2013, 02:59 PM
I just picked these up at Orielly's auto parts $12.99 and they are peel and stick LED's. Number is S880