PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT Colors

acinpcola
09-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Just spoke with the dealer I will be buying my 2014 RT S SE-6 from, (Central Florida Power Sports in Kissimmee, Florida) so far all that have ordered a 2014 RT series Spyder have requested the Cognac color. Spoke with Spyder Pops through email and he will be designing a BumpSkid for the 2014 so that will probably be my first farkle with an air horn or perhaps a freight train horn.

AC

Kratos
09-20-2013, 04:25 PM
I was afraid of this. With BRP not having the blue, red, and lava next year, everyone will be going for the cognac and we will see too many on the street dulling the wow-effect of the color.

fastfraser
09-20-2013, 04:40 PM
That's no Wow color to me .Now Pearl White. Now there's a color.:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
09-20-2013, 04:46 PM

Exactly!

jcthorne
09-20-2013, 04:46 PM
the overall lack of color choices for the 2014s was a big turn off for me. If I was even going to think about trading up, it will not happen until the colors change. I will not drive black, white, yellow or orange. I'm not a cop or a taxi.

Dib52
09-20-2013, 04:48 PM
I was afraid of this. With BRP not having the blue, red, and lava next year, everyone will be going for the cognac and we will see too many on the street dulling the wow-effect of the color.

This!!! It is a beautiful looking color, but I think the market will be saturated in this color. Anyhoooo, waiting till 2015 anyway for the bugs to get worked out, and I'm sure some other colors will show up in the lineup.

Kratos
09-20-2013, 07:25 PM

I'm glad you feel that way! I hope that many others feel the same too, so that there is less cognac on the streets! :doorag:

acinpcola
09-20-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm glad you feel that way! I hope that many others feel the same too, so that there is less cognac on the streets! :doorag:

:agree: :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
09-21-2013, 02:51 PM
This one will never get solved--but its fun to discuss the pros and cons.

It does appear that Cognac is going to be the most popular color, based on the number that have already pre-spoken about ordering that color.

Last year, I was leaning towards the yellow as a favorite. This year, I am liking the silver with the burgandy seat combo. For me, that is the one that jumps out. My first :spyder2: and the 2011 were/are both in that silver color range, but they were not exactly alike. This year, they are saying the silver is matte. I would have liked a slightly more orange than currently shown in the cognac. White is also pretty classy--IMO. I have seen several of those.

All this supposition is based on photos though--sometimes that does not do the actual color justice. I could not stand the rootbeer brown (previous year) in the photos, but when I saw one up close, it looked pretty nice.

Harvey
09-21-2013, 03:54 PM
With the $$$ we pay for a Spyder and all the Farkles, spending a few more $ should not be an item of issue. Buy your new Spyder with a color that will be attractable at a future sell or trade-in, and have it wrapped in the color you want. You can also graphic wrap it in patriotic, breast cancer, fraternal, family pictures, your favorite beverage or anything else. All you have to do is use your imagination, set aside some extra $$, and you will be the "talk of the town", depending on your wrap decision. HAVE FUN - ENJOY LIFE - BE BOLD & DARING... Then post some pictures for us to WOW - BOO or DISCUSS.

bruiser
09-21-2013, 08:52 PM
I like the white too. 2014 Impala LTZ

lookerjdc
09-21-2013, 09:00 PM
I put my deposit down with Jason at CFPS for a Cognac RTSE6

acinpcola
09-21-2013, 09:48 PM
I put my deposit down with Jason at CFPS for a Cognac RTSE6

Did they give you an idea of a delivery date??

SpyderAnn01
09-22-2013, 01:22 AM
This one will never get solved--but its fun to discuss the pros and cons.

It does appear that Cognac is going to be the most popular color, based on the number that have already pre-spoken about ordering that color.

Last year, I was leaning towards the yellow as a favorite. This year, I am liking the silver with the burgandy seat combo. For me, that is the one that jumps out. My first :spyder2: and the 2011 were/are both in that silver color range, but they were not exactly alike. This year, they are saying the silver is matte. I would have liked a slightly more orange than currently shown in the cognac. White is also pretty classy--IMO. I have seen several of those.

All this supposition is based on photos though--sometimes that does not do the actual color justice. I could not stand the rootbeer brown (previous year) in the photos, but when I saw one up close, it looked pretty nice.

When the 2013 debuted I thought the yellow RT was horrible and I couldn't imagine anyone buying oneI didn't change my mind until I saw one during Spyderfest. Then I bought one! Currently, I am not a fan of the new cognac color but I will probably like it when I see it in person.

doctorlbug
09-22-2013, 06:32 AM
What a great blog, no heat concerns, no electrical concerns, just a concern about "color" which frakle will fix...

Bob Denman
09-22-2013, 09:10 AM
:agree: :thumbup:
And there's actually a fix for the color you want not being listed...
76115 :yikes:

acinpcola
09-22-2013, 11:25 AM
and don't forget the Plasti-dip. I used to to change the color of my helmet to match my red 2011, now I have to wait and see the cognac color in person to try and match it.

AC

Magdave
09-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Just spoke with the dealer I will be buying my 2014 RT S SE-6 from, (Central Florida Power Sports in Kissimmee, Florida) so far all that have ordered a 2014 RT series Spyder have requested the Cognac color. Spoke with Spyder Pops through email and he will be designing a BumpSkid for the 2014 so that will probably be my first farkle with an air horn or perhaps a freight train horn.

AC

I am betting the frame is the same as a'13 so Spyderpops won't need a redesign.

OldCowboy
09-22-2013, 12:21 PM
The great thing about white is that it makes a wonderful canvas for wraps. Any color looks good on white.

Bob Denman
09-22-2013, 05:03 PM
:agree::2thumbs:
But The Missus kind of put the stops to that behavior for me :shocked:; so I went with a nice bright color this time! :thumbup:

flaggerphil
09-23-2013, 12:41 AM
I have a deposit down on a 2014 RT-S and I was told the one I was in line for was a Cognac. However, if I decide to go through with it (the decision will be made after a very thorough test ride) I'll probably go for a white one. So someone who wants a Cognac may be able to get one before he or she thought they would...

muonwhiz
09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Went on the Can AM web site & couldn't believe the lack of colors for all the bike lines this year. Nothing wrong with the colors they did offer, but there just aren't enough of them. Gotta have my RED​, so I'll wait a few more years!

maliamd
09-23-2013, 12:58 PM
I just traded in my 2013 RT-S SE5 for the 2014 RT-S SE6. Very excited. Delivery end of October/early November! :dg1::yes:

StanProff
09-23-2013, 05:18 PM
:agree::2thumbs:
But The Missus kind of put the stops to that behavior for me :shocked:; so I went with a nice bright color this time! :thumbup:

Maybe I could get white and put a bunch of Blue stripes on it to satisify my blue thrist.:sour:

Bob Denman
09-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Pete could definitely do you up a nice BLUE racing stripe and lettering so that your new one is a "doppelganger" of the current ride! :thumbup:

lookerjdc
09-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Did they give you an idea of a delivery date??

he expects to have them in Oct - most likely late Oct

Dan_Ashley
09-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Went on the Can AM web site & couldn't believe the lack of colors for all the bike lines this year. Nothing wrong with the colors they did offer, but there just aren't enough of them. Gotta have my RED​, so I'll wait a few more years!
Me 2.

Dan's red sled,
Ain't in da shed.
It's burnin' up asphalt
Super Slab, away he sped!
Red, fur sure, without a fault.

bodymanpainter
09-23-2013, 07:51 PM

I agree!

Elembytes
09-24-2013, 10:51 AM
I can't believe that they have not done the VIPER RED! It's a very popular color and a good visibility color as well.

2012 RT-S SE5 is viper red- I would love to upgrade to 2014- but no Viper Red- and I agree everyone will be in that Cognac Color.

Wonder what the stats are on popular BRP colors and why they came to this conclusion NOT to do Viper Red?

That Cognac will clash with my RED FORD-F150 truck!

Oh well--come on BRP--VIPER RED!!!!! ;)

acinpcola
09-24-2013, 12:18 PM
he expects to have them in Oct - most likely late Oct

Thanks I will be visiting CFPS on October 1st to introduce myself to the salesman and also see if I can get an update on when my 2014 will arrive so I can plan on when I will be driving my 2011 down to them