PDA

View Full Version : 2015 RT wish list

BikerDoc
09-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Ok, I am blown away by what BRP did to the RT in 2014 but I still have these items left on my wish list

1) For the Spyder to ride on Water
2) For the Spyder to ride on Snow
3) For gas cap access on stock seat without having to take my luggage off the seat..

Seriously no 3. would be enough.. Still can't believe how many of our wishes or complaints that
they handled on the RT...

Bob Denman
09-19-2013, 04:37 PM
I'd like to see some other colors come back...
I know at least one fellow in here who's gonna bust if shaft drive isn't added; right "J"? :D

boots1
09-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Why would you want to turn the power twice with the associated power lose and add countless pieces. Do Spyders have a belt problem?? NO!!! If its not broken why complicate matters.

Bob Denman
09-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Oh; it ain't me; I'm just mentioning it since I've seen so much from him about it this past week... ;)
Personally; I'm happier than a clam in wet sand with the belt! :thumbup:

Jeriatric
09-19-2013, 05:49 PM
I'd saying thatng to see some other colors come back...
I know at least one fellow in here who's gonna bust if shaft drive isn't added; right "J"? :D

Spin much Bob?

What I think I said - was it would not surprise me to see a drive shft model in the future.

I guess being top commenter doesn't reqire accuracy. Just volume...........and you own that! ;)

"J"

Bob Denman
09-19-2013, 05:56 PM
I as actually thinking of another "J"... ;)
I'm waiting to see if he jumps in here... :bbq:

Jeriatric
09-19-2013, 06:05 PM
I as actually thinking of another "J"... ;)
I'm waiting to see if he jumps in here... :bbq:

:popcorn:

Bob Denman
09-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Where is "Jerp"? He should have seen this by now... :dontknow:

jerpinoy
09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
'J' me,me,me, Why not drive shaft and they are better than belts JMHO. Look drive shafts dont flap, no whining noise, no miss aligned, no belt tension most of us worry about, no rocks or gravel problems, no slippage off the teeth, no more belt guard, no more belt tensioner. ????????????
enough said and I rest my case. BRP these are my wish list for a drive shaft.

Bob Denman
09-19-2013, 06:46 PM
thank goodness!! I was holding your place in line here for so long that... :roflblack: :2thumbs:

finless
09-19-2013, 07:31 PM
I want Mr. Fusion on it so it fly's back to the future! :roflblack:

Bob

JJW SpyderRider
09-19-2013, 09:29 PM
One in my garage :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

OldCowboy
09-20-2013, 12:16 AM
I've owned motorcycles with shafts (Suzuki Boulevard) and belts (Harley-Davidson Road Glide). I much prefer belts. Smoother power transmission and no gears and universal joints to worry about. I don't know how long a belt will last, but after 27,000 miles the belt on my Harley looked good as new.

flaggerphil
09-20-2013, 08:42 AM
I've owned bikes with shafts, chains and belts. I'm MUCH rather have the belt!

CyncySpyder
09-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Spyder in the Water ............................. CHECK - as all these folks can well attest to ;)
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76009&d=1379688956
Spyder in the Snow ............................. CHECK - You just need the right tires & gear ;)
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76006&d=1379688579
Spyder back to the future ..................... CHECK - You see who our neighbors are ;)
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76007&d=1379688673
Spyder stock seat with fuel door access .. CHECK - Just give Len at PitBull PowerSports a call ;)
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76010&d=1379689172

yamahog
09-20-2013, 10:09 AM
I would love to see keyless ignition, and just a large digital dash with built in gps touch screen. :2thumbs: but am very impressed with the changes they made hope there are no hidden bugs this time around.:clap:

bullant12
09-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Ok, I am blown away by what BRP did to the RT in 2014 but I still have these items left on my wish list

1) For the Spyder to ride on Water (it's called a Sea-Doo)
2) For the Spyder to ride on Snow (it's called a Ski-Doo)
3) For gas cap access on stock seat without having to take my luggage off the seat.. (That I agree!:thumbup:)

Seriously no 3. would be enough.. Still can't believe how many of our wishes or complaints that

I don't think that BRP would like to make a tri-brid version, then the other divisions would be obsolete. Besides... the cost of that...:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Bob Denman
09-20-2013, 11:33 AM
:agree: Number three would be a cool addition... :thumbup:

revjvegas
09-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Not so sure I'd want a shaft drive.

BMW had some serious imploding issues with the 1150GS shaft drives and it took them a couple years to get it finally worked out.
Nothing quite like doing 70 down the road and then having flames and smoke coming out the back of your final drive.

What I really need to see in 2015 is a RED one. :)

SpyderAnn01
09-20-2013, 11:51 AM
I just want a Spyder back in my garage. It has been way too long, so long that I may not even remember how to start one.

Bob Denman
09-20-2013, 11:52 AM
:agree: me too! :shocked:
But it's only been a week for me... :yikes:

SpyderAnn01
09-20-2013, 12:31 PM
:agree: me too! :shocked:
But it's only been a week for me... :yikes:

It doesn't get any easier

reverendg
09-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Why would you want to turn the power twice with the associated power lose and add countless pieces. Do Spyders have a belt problem?? NO!!! If its not broken why complicate matters.Occam's razor is a good thing.

ARtraveler
09-20-2013, 02:08 PM
2015 Wish List:

They pretty much filled out my list from all the previous years. I guess I am easy to please. :roflblack::roflblack: I speak here as an RT owner.

A couple items I did not think of though.

An easy accessible gas tank filler like I have become accustomed to with the Corbin seat--which I shall relinquish on further models.

Push button ignition. I like that concept. I recently rented a car with it--and like it. The Kawi Concours has this as an OEM.

2300 CC like the Triumph Rocket 3? Nope--just kidding here. :joke:

Other than that, I guess I am a happy camper.

ArsonInvest
09-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Maybe its just me....but a brighter dash...directional, parking, all the lights are dim during the daytime....really hard to see the directional

rcturner
09-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Maybe its just me....but a brighter dash...directional, parking, all the lights are dim during the daytime....really hard to see the directional

:agree::agree::agree: Strangely, hardly anyone ever thinks a dash cluster that you can actually read would be a great improvement and suggests BRP should fix the problem.

Bob Denman
09-22-2013, 05:05 PM
:agree: too... But is it the dash lighting, or reflections off of the leading edges of the handlebar cover that make the viewing difficult? :dontknow:

ArsonInvest
09-24-2013, 04:11 PM
For me..its appears to be the angle of the dash...I think if it were tilted slightly it might make a difference...then again...taller or shorter people might not be able to se it either...BRIGHTER dash...and its really tough when the sun is behind you, and still an issue at any other angle...

Dan_Ashley
09-24-2013, 06:05 PM
My wish list:
1. A 2015 RS in my garage.
2. Bright metallic red.
3. A 2015 RT in my garage.
4. Bright metallic red.
5. Powder coat my Aluma trailer--bright metallic red.
6. Seat with external gas access.
7. Included luggage rack on RT
8. High mount brake light
9. Screamming louder horn.
10. Chrome front wheels.
11. White wall tires

OK. Forget the last one.

spyderdmb1621
03-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Hummmmmm.....only thing I want on the 2015..... Is a flux capacitor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lyonsden
03-10-2014, 09:24 PM
I would like built in Bluetooth integration for the radio and CB, no add on unit needed. I have my aftermarket CB bluetoothed using an SR10 from sena. Works great. Just wish it could be built in.

va2djd
03-10-2014, 09:35 PM
For 2015 RTS my wish list
1- 6 in longer for tall driver
2- light in rear cargo
3-better speaker

PW2013STL
03-10-2014, 09:53 PM
LED turn signals in the mirrors and adjustable backrest:rolleyes:

chuck gross
03-10-2014, 09:59 PM
It would be great if the Spyders had fuel /mpg computer and I agree with the larger dash screen hasn't anyone told BRP small screens are not user friendly for their typical clientele if you know what I mean. They could get rid of those nearly useless fuel and temp gauge's and add a nice built in GPS screen and larger LCD screen.

Blue Star
03-10-2014, 10:02 PM
One in my garage :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

:agree:

chris56
03-11-2014, 01:41 AM

1) For the Spyder to ride on Water
2) For the Spyder to ride on Snow
3) For gas cap access on stock seat without having to take my luggage off the seat..

I think they are working on this ..

http://charlesbombardier.com/

Bob Denman
03-11-2014, 07:37 AM
2015...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif
I hate to say this; I'm thinking that we'll actually only get some BNGs...
(new colors) for next year.
They've done a pretty thorough job of addressing the "wish-Lists" from prior years; give them some time to tackle the RS & ST bikes! :thumbup:
Besides; if they're gonna add a shaft drive just for "J"... it'll take some time to work it all out! :D

scarecrow
03-11-2014, 11:08 AM
My wife and I have toured a lot many years ago. If you can remember "BATES" maded top loaded saddlebags and you could put your helmets in them. We also had the large Harley rear box. Been to many races in Daytona where we had as many 8 helmets stuffed in them for other riders.
This is what I would like to see.
1. Larger Top loaded saddle bags.
2. Larger rear bag. So you can load two helmets in it. You can only get one helmet in the front trunk and one in the rightside bag. Left bags got some obsolete obstruction in it.
3. Passenger to have the ability to raise and lower the radio volume. Not just change channels.
I own a 13RTS the front trunk switch works when its in the mood. Opening it with the key is a dance. Push the keys down, turn it to the right, reach around the mirror, grab the lid and open the trunk. OH what fun. Because you can't have anything in your hands when you open it. lol
They removed the switch on the 14s.( rumor, someone released the parking brake and the bike rolled off with passenger on it)
4. Design a keyed lock latch on the front trunk. (Move the BRP Badge up the trunk and put the key lock under it.)
5. Added the turn signals indicators to the mirrors so the drivers can see them on. Looking at the dash for the small green arrow is a pain. Again left side works when it in the mood. lol

ARtraveler
03-11-2014, 01:15 PM
I see this has come back one more time. I pretty much agree with gas cap through the seat access and push button ignition. Have had chain, shaft and belt drives. No complaint except for belts cost to much to replace. $350 or so with labor. I have done this twice.

RE: Colors--what are some of the colors that you folks have in mind.
I am going to go way out and suggest an Orange color.

Others????

Bob Denman
03-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Colors??
This one's a real Beauty...

ARtraveler
03-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Colors??

Very nice!!

HedonismBot
03-11-2014, 02:20 PM
You can only get one helmet in the front trunk and one in the rightside bag.

My RT-S can fit my two HJC full face helmets with SMH10 units on both in the front trunk. One is a Medium (wife) and the other is 3XL (mine). We just put them in on their sides.

cougar
03-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Shaft drive forever. Make trailer hitch standard. Get rid of Kenda front tires. Add couple more gallons to gas tank. Vented windshield.

NancysToy
03-11-2014, 07:11 PM
I own a 13RTS the front trunk switch works when its in the mood. Opening it with the key is a dance. Push the keys down, turn it to the right, reach around the mirror, grab the lid and open the trunk. OH what fun. Because you can't have anything in your hands when you open it. lol
They removed the switch on the 14s.( rumor, someone released the parking brake and the bike rolled off with passenger on it)
Your trunk weatherstrip may have been knocked loose (or the liner incorrectly installed), but more likely your trunk latch just needs to be lubricated and adjusted. Simple fix...most competent techs can take care of it in 5 minutes. Look at the weatherstrip and trunk liner first, though.

spacetiger
03-11-2014, 07:23 PM
'J' me,me,me, Why not drive shaft and they are better than belts JMHO. Look drive shafts dont flap, no whining noise, no miss aligned, no belt tension most of us worry about, no rocks or gravel problems, no slippage off the teeth, no more belt guard, no more belt tensioner. ????????????
enough said and I rest my case. BRP these are my wish list for a drive shaft.

You might have a point... The belt (mail ordered to save some on cost) is $299.99. Should you catch a rock and have to also replace the rear drive, it is only $444.99.
The belt tensioner works wonders and is a must for $250. Don't forget the shipping on mail ordered parts.

The shaft is overrated, it might only last 200,000 miles; a belt might go at least 100,000 miles.

;)

Bob Denman
03-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Gee :shocked:... The 2014s are barely out; and the 2015 "Silly Season", is already running at top speed! :D

Pirate looks at --
03-12-2014, 09:33 AM
:agree:
Colors??

ARtraveler
03-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Gee :shocked:... The 2014s are barely out; and the 2015 "Silly Season", is already running at top speed! :D

I think this is a good thing. Last year about this time we were starting to get into the 2013 "issues" drama. So far, we are doing very good (IMO) this year, and are not discussing to many "issue" type threads. Fingers crossed. :yes::yes:

Bob Denman
03-12-2014, 01:57 PM
:agree: Thankfully; the complaints so far have been relatively few...
And the BIG ones: BRP jumped on them quickly! :thumbup:
But I'm still thinking that next year's big changes, will be in the RS... :D

ARtraveler
03-12-2014, 02:24 PM
:agree: Thankfully; the complaints so far have been relatively few...
And the BIG ones: BRP jumped on them quickly! :thumbup:
But I'm still thinking that next year's big changes, will be in the RS... :D

:agree: also. I am now thinking the RT's will be minimal changes except for the color(s) of the year for a couple years or more now. IMO--it took four years from the introduction of the 2010 till the major changes taking place in 2014. :agree: also that 2015 might be the year of the revamped RS model. :yes::yes: