PDA

View Full Version : something interesting happened today

cuznjohn
09-19-2013, 11:47 AM
as most of you know i have been writing BRP about the heat problem and a issue with getting parts for my 13 RT/S. now i was sitting in my dentist chair today when my phone rings, i look and see it's the dealer calling. so i make the dentist stop and i take the call. but it was not the service dept. telling me the heat fix for the recall is in, it was my sales man Lou asking how i am enjoying my bike. i find this strange being i have had my bike since june and they have never called me b4 this. i told him how i feel about the heat issue and that when i had my cell phone in the center compartment that the heat totaled the phone, i also told him about my right foot and that BRP wants them to download a BUDS report and to send it to them for the heat issues. he didn't seem surprised and said i should try to sell the bike on crags list and look into the new bikes.

so now i am wondering if this was a put on call that BRP told them to do. what do you think

Larry rt
09-19-2013, 11:52 AM
He wants to sell you a new one (:

Bob Denman
09-19-2013, 11:54 AM
So he wants you to dump your bike on Craigslist??? :shocked: :gaah:
That's a cop-out! Don't let them sell you that bucket of hooey!

bullant12
09-19-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't think BRP would tell a dealer to sell a :spyder2: on Craigslist or anything like that matter. Sounds like a excuse to sell you a new one.

billrob71
09-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Sounds like BS to me , probably BRP calling the dealer if you made a complaint to them.
The dealer telling you to sell it on Craigslist what the hell is that about , and they really want repeat business ??:cus:

cuznjohn
09-19-2013, 12:01 PM
their are plenty on craigslist http://newyork.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=3&subAreaID=&query=can+am+spyder+rt&catAbb=sss

billrob71
09-19-2013, 12:06 PM
There is gonna be a flood of RT most likely with this new one coming out if I was a RT guy I'd have mine up for sale already too. A lot of 11's and 12's on there only couple 13's

jerpinoy
09-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Money back warranty will be in order don't you think? Lemon law?

cuznjohn
09-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Money back warranty will be in order don't you think? Lemon law?

i told BRP i was going to go that way, i just need to bring the bike in 4 times and start a case, full refund plus tax would be nice

BajaRon
09-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Definitely not a BRP driven phone call unless, as others have mentioned, BRP contacted the dealer about your heat complaint. No manufacturer is going to tell you to dump their product on Craig's List. Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to put out any effort to make it right.

cuznjohn
09-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Definitely not a BRP driven phone call unless, as others have mentioned, BRP contacted the dealer about your heat complaint. No manufacturer is going to tell you to dump their product on Craig's List. Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to put out any effort to make it right.

BRP did talk to my dealer last week about getting parts for me because i complained that it took almost two weeks to get a tire but since than i have written 3 more e mails to them

SpyderAnn01
09-19-2013, 12:39 PM
The GLOVE box has never been the proper place for phones or electronic devices. Not on any of the prior models either as it is directly above the engine. That us why it is called a GLOVE box and not a Put Your Phone In Here Box. It also isn't a candy box or Chapstick box either

boomerkc
09-19-2013, 12:44 PM
I'd definitely relate your dealer/salesperson conversation to BRP so they know how this dealer (their representative in your community) handles complaints.

TexAmRider
09-19-2013, 12:49 PM
The GLOVE box has never been the proper place for phones or electronic devices. Not on any of the prior models either as it is directly above the engine. That us why it is called a GLOVE box and not a Put Your Phone In Here Box. It also isn't a candy box or Chapstick box either

Well now we know, it was the chapstick !! :roflblack: Just kidding. I'm glad this came up, I haven't had any issues with mine, but have been putting my phone and glasses in the glove box. My glasses not to worried about.

So when you getting your new ride? I can bet your are ready to go again.

ARtraveler
09-19-2013, 12:57 PM
IMO: The call from the dealer was a very bad example of a sales pitch. Suggesting that you sell your current :spyder2: on craigslist indicates they want nothing to do with trade ins. And then there are the "perils"s of dealing with a large sale on craigslist (another story).

The more we find out about your dealer and service--the less I would be inclined to go there.

RE: Trade ins on a RT. Mentioned in another thread, but IMO: The purchase of a new 2014 is going to be a sellers market. I am anticipating that trade in value will be at the bare minimum and that the new vehicle will be at MSRP. There are going to be a lot of trade ins out there which is going to saturate the market a little.

I also mentioned the fact that some dealers may want to add "special" charges to inflate the MSRP just because they think they can. Car dealers do this all the time on "new and innovative" models coming out. I would not purchase from any dealer that tries that routine.

It will take a couple months to play out. Time will tell.

Dudley
09-19-2013, 01:05 PM

I love it! You are right on SpyderAnn. Took a woman to tell a man such a simple common sense thing.

Here's your sign!!!!!!!

Bob Denman
09-19-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm surprised that the bonehead just didn't tell you to go burn it in an abandoned parking lot somewhere... :gaah:

cuznjohn
09-19-2013, 01:14 PM
I love it! You are right on SpyderAnn. Took a woman to tell a man such a simple common sense thing.

Here's your sign!!!!!!!

i never gave it any thought that the small glove box was a hot place to put my phone. this is my first spyder and as they say you learn from your mistakes.

Bob Denman
09-19-2013, 01:16 PM
. That us why it is called a GLOVE box and not a Put Your Phone In Here Box. It also isn't a candy box or Chapstick box either

But it's a great place for hot dogs and burritos... :thumbup:

cuznjohn
09-19-2013, 01:26 PM
But it's a great place for hot dogs and burritos... :thumbup:

i would of really been upset if it was a candy bar i don't have insurance on them

thedonva
09-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Agree - looking to sell u a 14.

OldCowboy
09-19-2013, 02:27 PM
as most of you know i have been writing BRP about the heat problem and a issue with getting parts for my 13 RT/S. now i was sitting in my dentist chair today when my phone rings, i look and see it's the dealer calling. so i make the dentist stop and i take the call. but it was not the service dept. telling me the heat fix for the recall is in, it was my sales man Lou asking how i am enjoying my bike. i find this strange being i have had my bike since june and they have never called me b4 this. i told him how i feel about the heat issue and that when i had my cell phone in the center compartment that the heat totaled the phone, i also told him about my right foot and that BRP wants them to download a BUDS report and to send it to them for the heat issues. he didn't seem surprised and said i should try to sell the bike on crags list and look into the new bikes.

so now i am wondering if this was a put on call that BRP told them to do. what do you think

Just how much longer do you plan to put up with this POS dealer? :banghead::banghead: Ledgewood Powersports, Ledgewood, NJ and has good reviews from Spyderlovers and is only about an hour's ryde from Queens.