PDA

View Full Version : 2011 rt/s

kenk
09-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I just purchased this about two months ago and it does alot of drifting ,I have set the shocks up tight ,check tire pressure,and it has a sway bar, one person said it was the wind. has anyone had this problem ? thank you

samewok
09-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Is it drifting on asphalt ? I have a 2011 Rt. if I stay in the center of the lane it drifts. If I stay a little left or right of the center of the lane no drift.

farmerjim
09-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Get Baja Rons Anti Sway Bar, I promise you, you'll love it and won't have anymore issues. I was amazed and still am.

Squadcarman
09-18-2013, 08:27 PM
I have the same model. The wheel stance makes you follow the pavement grooves. Riding a little right or left will help. I can't say enough about Baja Ron's sway bar though! It has improved the handling 200%.

NancysToy
09-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Is it hunting around (following road irregularities) or drifting (pulling to one side or the other)? Loose suspension components (tie-rods, a-frame bushings, ball joints, shock bushings) can also cause hunting or erratic behavior. Hunting could indicate inadequate or excessive tire pressure, or inadequate toe-in. Front tires that wear excessively on the inside of the tires also are an indicator of inadequate toe-in on the Spyder. Pulling to one side can indcate suspension damage, suspension component wear, a low front tire, improperly centered steering, steering sensor miscalibration, or a bad steering sensor.

kenk
09-19-2013, 08:22 AM
I just purchased this about two months ago and it does alot of drifting ,I have set the shocks up tight ,check tire pressure,and it has a sway bar, one person said it was the wind. has anyone had this problem ? thank you

thanks everyone for your advice, I will try them. mine has a sway bar but is the after market one better?

Bob Denman
09-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Yup! Way better! :thumbup:
But Scotty is right; make sure that the front end is properly aligned and has all of it's little bits in good shape first!

kenk
09-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Yup! Way better! :thumbup:
But Scotty is right; make sure that the front end is properly aligned and has all of it's little bits in good shape first!

mine only has 10,000 miles on it.

NancysToy
09-19-2013, 05:46 PM
thanks everyone for your advice, I will try them. mine has a sway bar but is the after market one better?

Way better, indeed!

NancysToy
09-19-2013, 05:48 PM
mine only has 10,000 miles on it.
That means nothing. The condition of the suspension componenets is variable, and depends on more than just mileage. Never assume anything!