PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Spyder RT Limited Issue

aprilhvn2002
09-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Hello All,

I really love my Spyder, I think it's a blast to drive. However, I have an issue and I am bringing it to the delaer tomorrow. The issue is heat - in particular where the seat and Front Compartment edge is got so hot it actually partially melted my garage remote and I got a slight burn in my groin area. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what was the fix? Thanks!!!

JkRbbt
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM
I almost did the same thing when my '13 RT was new. I thought I would keep the remote in the handy glove box. I open the box and it is almost entirely filled with a foam insert. No problem. Remove insert and it double the storage capacity. Put my remote in and went for a ride. At the end of the ride, I opened the glove box, grabbed the remote and it was almost too hot to handle. NOW I get the idea why the insert was there instead of storage capacity! BRP knew about the heat problem and put that foam "bandage" in there to get it on the showroom floor, methinks.

SpyderAnn01
09-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Welcome, you need to look around on the forum and you will see a lot of posts about this issue.

rabtech
09-18-2013, 04:08 PM
That is the only issue I have with my 2013 RT. It will roast the chestnuts thats for sure.

cuznjohn
09-18-2013, 04:15 PM
i had my cell phone in the center compartment and it screwed my phone up and my battery from heat

ARtraveler
09-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Welcome, you need to look around on the forum and you will see a lot of posts about this issue.

:welcome: :agree: x 2.