PDA

View Full Version : rear shock air

gary lester
09-17-2013, 04:16 PM
I went to add air to my rear shock and on the main screen pops up on the left side manual, can anyone let me know what this means? I can't hear anything like the compressor running, nothing. Thanks ahead of time.:banghead:

NancysToy
09-17-2013, 06:53 PM
One of two things is usually at fault...an ACS sensor that has a disconnected link (or another problem), or an improperly programmed cluster that has both limits set the same. Check the left side of the swingarm to see if your ride-height sensor link came loose (or is broken). If not, see your dealer. If the problem is the cluster, the suspension will still adjust manually from the switch if you hit the switch again.

GeoffCee
09-17-2013, 07:18 PM
I went to add air to my rear shock and on the main screen pops up on the left side manual, can anyone let me know what this means? I can't hear anything like the compressor running, nothing. Thanks ahead of time.:banghead:

Like Scotty said, probable cause is a disconnected ACS link. See photo. I lost the connecting bolt on the way home from collecting my new Spyder RT from the dealer in 2011. "Manual" means you can set the ride height by manually putting more or less air in the rear suspension. To do this at a standstill the engine must be running, parking brake released, foot brake applied, in gear and you use the same 2 rear suspension switches, the one furthest from you runs the compressor and sends air into the suspension air bag and the nearest one lets it out. :f_spider: Page 149 of the 2011 Operator's Guide has a few words to say about the "manual" message and while it says you can adjust the suspension it leaves you to find out how! Page 47 & 48 explains it in more depth.

NancysToy
09-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Note: the engine must be running, the Spyder in gear, and the parking brake released before the air suspension functions.

gary lester
09-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Like Scotty said, probable cause is a disconnected ACS link. See photo. I lost the connecting bolt on the way home from collecting my new Spyder RT from the dealer in 2011. "Manual" means you can set the ride height by manually putting more or less air in the rear suspension. To do this at a standstill the engine must be running, parking brake released, foot brake applied, in gear and you use the same 2 rear suspension switches, the one furthest from you runs the compressor and sends air into the suspension air bag and the nearest one lets it out. :f_spider: Page 149 of the 2011 Operator's Guide has a few words to say about the "manual" message and while it says you can adjust the suspension it leaves you to find out how! Page 47 & 48 explains it in more depth.

Thanks guys I will look into this today, whats nice is I have an auto lift set up to get the :spyder2:up without having to lay on the floor.