PDA

View Full Version : Bask in the glory of the 2014 RT Maintenance Schedule

daveinva
09-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Bask, I tell you, BASK!

In all the many raves folks have had about the 2014 RT, I feel that the new maintenance schedule was lost in the shuffle.

That's a shame, because seriously, look at this thing. JUST LOOK AT IT!!! :yikes:

3K miles for the first inspection? Nearly 10,000 miles for oil changes??

All those numbers... insane. Now, THAT'S some high technology! :bowdown:

What's most sad/shocking is that, given how rarely some owners out there ride their Spyders, they could go *years* before they hit these numbers... if they ever hit them at all! :joke:

Chupaca
09-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Out here that will not be the case. We can ryde all year long although there are those that that go by the calendar and stop during winter months when the temps may hit 60....:roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-17-2013, 11:41 AM
But fewer trips to the dealer means less farkling chance... :yikes:
:shocked: Oh... I forgot! :gaah:

finless
09-17-2013, 11:46 AM

Time to do your on DIY farkeling ;)

Bob

Kratos
09-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah it's crazy. I'm surprised they would do that to the dealers. My only thinking is that they anticipate a much higher sales volume to counter this blow.

Blue Star
09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Yeah it's crazy. I'm surprised they would do that to the dealers. My only thinking is that they anticipate a much higher sales volume to counter this blow.

Either that or the price for parts and labor will jump.

jerpinoy
09-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Bask, I tell you, BASK!

In all the many raves folks have had about the 2014 RT, I feel that the new maintenance schedule was lost in the shuffle.

That's a shame, because seriously, look at this thing. JUST LOOK AT IT!!! :yikes:

What's most sad/shocking is that, given how rarely some owners out there ride their Spyders, they could go *years* before they hit these numbers... if they ever hit them at all! :joke:

This is the best thing for us. The same thing on my new chevy equinox it didn't have dipstick for the auto transmission? Dealer said it's sealed. no need to check and the next trans maint is 100,00 miles. It blew my mine, best tech are here to stay like the 2014 :spyder2:.

ARtraveler
09-17-2013, 01:27 PM

You ARE going to want the trunk light and maybe some more. Lights and more lights are very important to safety. We want to make sure are passengers are safe, right? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
09-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Bask, I tell you, BASK!

The new maintainence schedule did not go unnoticed to me. I have done my share of maintainence in the 90,000 total :spyder2: miles racked up so far. It will be a nice break from the norm IMO. :thumbup::thumbup:

Bob Ledford
09-17-2013, 02:15 PM
There will be plenty of time for accessory buying. .....

I think that the suggested maintenance intervals are fantastic myself.

If you only trip down to the dealer on warranty and maintenance trips. Shame on you. I go by my dealer no less then once a week if for no other reason then to have a coffee and visit with the sales force. I can't begin to-count the number of times that the sales force has asked me to give the potential customer some comments on my RT-L

ARtraveler
09-18-2013, 12:49 PM
There will be plenty of time for accessory buying. .....

I think that the suggested maintenance intervals are fantastic myself.

If you only trip down to the dealer on warranty and maintenance trips. Shame on you. I go by my dealer no less then once a week if for no other reason then to have a coffee and visit with the sales force. I can't begin to-count the number of times that the sales force has asked me to give the potential customer some comments on my RT-L

In my case, I have maintained a very friendly relationship with my dealer. I go in an chat with the people often. Everyone in the dealership knows me. Been a regular customer since 2001 and have purchased 7 vehicles from them. I give them a rating of 95 out of a 100.

jcthorne
09-18-2013, 03:22 PM
I guess I do not see the big deal. The new engine does not require valve adjustments. The rest of it is just using the same oil for longer periods. No greatly increased oil capacity or change in oil specs, just using it longer. if it works, fine I suppose but its really not earth shattering. Most folks will never make the 9300 miles in less than a year anyway so the annual maintenance schedule remains mostly unchanged for most owners. My gut feel is this and the discontinuation of the BEST PLUS prepaid service program are related. Too many dealers refused to honor the rates BRP was paying for the 'pre-paid' maintenance services at far below market rates.