PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the F4 "tall / wide" windshield for the RT?

3 Wheel Addict
09-16-2013, 07:44 PM
I got a Corbin seat and it raises me up a tad higher than the stock seat (which I like) but now the windshield could be taller. Looking at the F4.

stevedfive
09-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Not yet, but I will buy one with a vent when they become available in a few weeks.

JkRbbt
09-16-2013, 09:04 PM
I bought the F4 Shorty for my bike. Love the quality and the customer service was first rate!

cjackg
09-17-2013, 08:10 AM
I have used the F4 (Short/Wide) shown below on two RTs. It is a great product and well worth the cost.

ultra93
09-17-2013, 08:53 AM
I have the tall wide f4 on my 2012 rts. It is high quality with no distortion. I am 5'6" and the reason I bought the large F4 was to reduce the buffeting and wind hitting my wife. This windscreen does both very well. I have removed it this summer and put on the stock w/s due to the heat here in south Texas. I installed a Goldwing w/s vent in my stock RTS w/s and it does very well giving me some air and cuts down on the high speed buffeting.

I will reinstall the F4 w/s after the weather cools off. Also, as was stated earlier the customer support at F4 is AAAplus.

The large F4 sheild does need a vent badly. The stock Goldwing vent cannot be installed in the F4 as it is thicker. I would wait to see if they will come out with a vent be fore I bought one.

3 Wheel Addict
09-17-2013, 02:56 PM
I would wait to see if they will come out with a vent be fore I bought one.

Thanks for the input! It seems that they are the only one's making a "tall / wide" windshield for the RT. I hear you on the vent, got one to add to my 02 Goldwing and it made a huge difference. I'm gonna hold out till they get the vent in it.

eddieshep999
09-17-2013, 03:05 PM
The tall / wide F4 Windshield is thicker/Larger than the BRP Ones not sure about others available for the RT

One thing you may have a problem with is the middle Windshield bracket breaking due to the extra weight and wind pressure on it from the F4 Windshield
A vent would help with that - BRP have put vents on the latest windshields and offer a vented windshield option
23" and 25" - Not sure what's being fitted to the new 2014 RT, they have changed the size and shape from the OEM first fitted to 2010 RT Models

3 Wheel Addict
09-18-2013, 09:19 AM
I got an e-mail back from F4 and they do have the vents for the RT windshield. I think i'm going to order a tall/wide with the vent.

BLACK REV 800 X
09-18-2013, 05:59 PM
I got an e-mail back from F4 and they do have the vents for the RT windshield. I think i'm going to order a tall/wide with the vent.

Is this new vented tall shield 3 inches taller than the 13 RTS which is 25 inches?

stevedfive
09-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Is this new vented tall shield 3 inches taller than the 13 RTS which is 25 inches?

Yes

whitjim10
09-18-2013, 07:20 PM
LOOKING 2" OVER THE TOP IS STANDARD FOR MOTORCYCLE WINDSHIELDS. I KEEP MINE ON MY SPYDER SO I CAN LOOK 2" OVER TOP WIND STILL GOES OVER HEAD

whitjim10
09-18-2013, 07:22 PM
75933LOOKING 2" OVER THE TOP IS STANDARD FOR MOTORCYCLE WINDSHIELDS. I KEEP MINE ON MY SPYDER SO I CAN LOOK 2" OVER TOP WIND STILL GOES OVER HEAD

BLACK REV 800 X
09-18-2013, 09:08 PM
75933LOOKING 2" OVER THE TOP IS STANDARD FOR MOTORCYCLE WINDSHIELDS. I KEEP MINE ON MY SPYDER SO I CAN LOOK 2" OVER TOP WIND STILL GOES OVER HEAD

Thanks for the info. I'm 6-4, and if wearing a helmet I ride with the windshield down several inches below eyesight. If not wearing a helmet and just sunglasses I ride with it higher and at my height and Ultimate seat the 25 inch shield at the top is right at eye level.

F4 Customs
11-22-2013, 04:35 PM
F4 Customs has just announced that their windshields are now available with vents.

The tall / wide F4 Windshield is thicker/Larger than the BRP Ones not sure about others available for the RT

One thing you may have a problem with is the middle Windshield bracket breaking due to the extra weight and wind pressure on it from the F4 Windshield
A vent would help with that - BRP have put vents on the latest windshields and offer a vented windshield option
23" and 25" - Not sure what's being fitted to the new 2014 RT, they have changed the size and shape from the OEM first fitted to 2010 RT Models

dancote
11-23-2013, 07:16 PM
F4 Customs has just announced that their windshields are now available with vents.

Great! Please let us know when the website is updated to reflect that.

That's one of the things I miss about my last bike that had a Clearview aftermarket w/s with a vent. When I contacted them, I learned that they do not offer a model for the spyder nor have they had enough interest to consider offering one in the future. Missed opportunity! (I failed to mention that the last Clearview vented w/s I had was for a 650 Suzuki Burgman scooter ... surely not one of the motorcycle world's top sellers.)

Regards,

Dan

F4 Customs
12-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Great! Please let us know when the website is updated to reflect that.

That's one of the things I miss about my last bike that had a Clearview aftermarket w/s with a vent. When I contacted them, I learned that they do not offer a model for the spyder nor have they had enough interest to consider offering one in the future. Missed opportunity! (I failed to mention that the last Clearview vented w/s I had was for a 650 Suzuki Burgman scooter ... surely not one of the motorcycle world's top sellers

Dan

You can order by calling 330-968-4644. The website will be updated shortly.