PDA

View Full Version : Lighting relay and converter for trailer

Twodog185
07-04-2008, 12:20 AM
I installed the Bushtec hitch, and installed the relay and converter.

I don't get an output from the relay

Test points:
Load side of inline fuse - power
Load side of connection from relay - no power

Any ideas?
:banghead:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/twodog35120/relaywiring.jpg

bjt
07-04-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm not familiar with this specific relay or it's purpose but there are only two things to check on a relay in this case. Are the contacts pulling in and, if so, do you have the power from the bike that you are looking for on the "feed" side of the contacts?

Twodog185
07-04-2008, 09:33 AM
The inputs, turn signals, running and brake lights have continuity at the connection point. No way to tell if signals are tripping the relay...it's a sealed solid state module.

jnt
07-04-2008, 11:19 AM
My first call would be to John Preston and his team at Bushtec. Just about anyone on the crew can walk you thru a detailed troubleshoot. 'Course that means wait till Monday.

Meanwhile, check the ground coming from the relay - it must have a complete circuit internally.

More later . . . .

Tim Harman
07-04-2008, 12:54 PM
My first call would be to John Preston and his team at Bushtec. Just about anyone on the crew can walk you thru a detailed troubleshoot. 'Course that means wait till Monday.

Meanwhile, check the ground coming from the relay - it must have a complete circuit internally.

More later . . . .

Bushtec's trailer Iso are made by Electrical Connextion. The newer tailer iso have to have the ground wire hooked up to battery and the red wire powered up .

Twodog185
07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
I reconnected everything...and we have lights!!!

Thanks