PDA

View Full Version : Naked RT review with Len & BRP

spyder3
09-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Head BRP tech Dany:

part 1 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=596426597063223&set=vb.504956156210268&type=2&theater

part 2 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=596431560396060&set=vb.504956156210268&type=2&theater

cuznjohn
09-16-2013, 05:19 PM
seems to me they have fixed all of our complaints, the know about the throttle body problems and he mentioned they moved the radiators to the front to get the heat away from the driver, they also made the gas tank so we can fill it to the top and they moved the canister to a higher level. sounds like they did the job but now what will they do for us 2013 owners

ulflyer
09-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Notice also that he said, while talking about the clutch system, "no more clutch problems"....acknowledging that previous SE's have had some issues.

bluestratos
09-16-2013, 06:22 PM
They know they have heat, clutch, throttle body and many more issues but they have not recalled, just allowed for the customer to suffer failure then, if you have warranty they will repair. Once the warranty period is over they will not do anything. I understand it would be very costly but to ignore the issues is unethical to say the least and I would go as far as saying life threatening when caught on the freeway with an orange screen. I am surprised there never has been a class action suit. I love my bike but I have been back to the shop so many times with problems I can no longer count the # of trips. They started out with a good customer service program but that too is gone.

On flip side the new 14 appears to address all of my concerns including the lack of low end power so I plan to buy one once I take a test drive. If, however the dealer wants to hose me on the trade in things may go in a different direction.

Can't wait to try one out! :-)

Magdave
09-16-2013, 06:41 PM
seems to me they have fixed all of our complaints, the know about the throttle body problems and he mentioned they moved the radiators to the front to get the heat away from the driver, they also made the gas tank so we can fill it to the top and they moved the canister to a higher level. sounds like they did the job but now what will they do for us 2013 owners

Sure sounds like he admitted to all the mistakes they made with the '13 and older RT's. Shame on you BRP for making us beta testers and not fixing the issues that you mentioned in the videos as known issues.

Oklahoma Spyder
09-17-2013, 09:54 AM
any of us that trade in our 13s on a 14 should get a 2000 dollar rebate on the 14.

BikerDoc
09-17-2013, 10:48 AM
any of us that trade in our 13s on a 14 should get a 2000 dollar rebate on the 14.Nice thought but with known problems compared to a souped up "fixed problem" version I am afraid the 2013 trade in value won't be so good.....

JkRbbt
09-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Nice thought but with known problems compared to a souped up "fixed problem" version I am afraid the 2013 trade in value won't be so good.....

That is my concern, Doc. I really enjoy riding my '13 RT, but in 6 months I have had it in for service due to bad ball joints, bad Heim joints and now a safety recall on the heat issue. BRP brags about "testing the '14 proto for 3 years. Did anyone think to TEST the '13s?? Be nice if BRP fessed up to a bit of a corporate misstep and gave the '13 buyers a nice trade-in value so we can go out and be good proponents of their product, once again! :popcorn::popcorn: But, good luck with that!

DrewNJ
09-17-2013, 11:15 AM
They know they have heat, clutch, throttle body and many more issues but they have not recalled, just allowed for the customer to suffer failure then, if you have warranty they will repair. Once the warranty period is over they will not do anything. I understand it would be very costly but to ignore the issues is unethical to say the least and I would go as far as saying life threatening when caught on the freeway with an orange screen. I am surprised there never has been a class action suit. I love my bike but I have been back to the shop so many times with problems I can no longer count the # of trips. They started out with a good customer service program but that too is gone.

On flip side the new 14 appears to address all of my concerns including the lack of low end power so I plan to buy one once I take a test drive. If, however the dealer wants to hose me on the trade in things may go in a different direction.

Can't wait to try one out! :-)

It's pretty common knowledge in the Sea-doo world that BRP basically lets the consumer do their R&D to work out all the bugs. So no real surprise that they do the same with the Spyders.
After being around the sea-doo side of things for many years, it's the main reason I will not buy a "new design" of ANYTHING from BRP.

jerpinoy
09-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Very nice and lots of improvements but no change on the belt flapping issue.
I'll wait and see how really good the 2014's as they claim.

I've notice that most of the complains or issues in the past are addressed on

14's. I can only say they are listening to us in a whole. I need to give them credit

for doing so.:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
09-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Let's face it; no matter how much testing they do; it's nothing compared to what the consumers will put their bikes through... :shocked:
I don't blame them for the issues; they built it the way that they figured it should...
2013 was a rough year for them; they had, (and we suffered through), vendor quality control issues, PLUS the design errors that led to some serious heat problems for some. I'll give them credit for providing some real changes in a one-year turnaround. :clap:
As always; the eternal optimist! ;)

JkRbbt
09-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Bob, it might be a bit easier to be an optimist if you didn't plunk down a chunk on a 2013! ;) :)

Well Hell
09-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Bob, it might be a bit easier to be an optimist if you didn't plunk down a chunk on a 2013! ;) :)

I agree with you guys it would be wonderful if BRP stepped up and did something for us 2013 owners. As it is I love my :spyder2: but to get one will all the huge bugs gone would be sweet. Alas I will probably wait until the 15's or 16's come out to see if anything else comes up with the new motor or gear box.:shocked:

Bob Denman
09-17-2013, 02:24 PM
I had a 2010 first production year bike...
I like so many of the changes, that I can't actually decide which one excites me more! :yes::yes::yes: