PDA

View Full Version : I notice many of the photos in the literature as well as

wis2013rtltd
09-16-2013, 08:10 AM
videos contain Spyders with Wisconsin plates..... Anybody know why? I assume the marketing Co. may be Wisconsin based, but wondering if anybody knows more?

sledmaster
09-16-2013, 08:27 AM
BRP has facilities in Sturtevant, WI (Evinrude) and up in Wausau, WI so maybe they were doing some prototype testing out of one of those facilities. Or, the PR agency that did the photo shoot for the marketing campaign was from Wisconsin and they had the units running Wisconsin plates so they didn't attract attention. Or, it was easier for them to get Wisconsin plates for the prototypes.

retired1
09-16-2013, 08:38 AM
As I understand it;BRP has a technical training facility at Wausau, Wi.

FaranH
09-16-2013, 08:38 AM
BRP often licenses their marketing vehicles from the Wisconsin plant rather than Quebec since a large number of them are used in the States. I'm guessing it makes life easier for customs & insurance. I know most of the Spyder Five units were had Wisconsin plates.

wis2013rtltd
09-16-2013, 09:04 AM
BRP often licenses their marketing vehicles from the Wisconsin plant rather than Quebec since a large number of them are used in the States. I'm guessing it makes life easier for customs & insurance. I know most of the Spyder Five units were had Wisconsin plates. Answer.... Thanks!

CARA @ RIVCO
09-16-2013, 03:32 PM
There are also 6 or 7 nearby Spyder dealers in Wisconsin, the Spyder Owners And Ryders group is local and active, and at least 3 or 4 Spyder dealers in northern Illinois. We see Spyder riders around here all the time!