PDA

View Full Version : vibrations

theffharley
07-03-2008, 04:38 PM
my spyder seems to have a vibration until i hit 67 to 70 mph.I own a harley road king, that doesn't vibrate like this does. Hands go numb in 15 min.... any answers? thanks................

tatt2r
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
don't go under 70 ..... ...sorry couldn't resist .... have dealer check front wheel balance...

BRPjunkie
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
At www.jpcycles.com (http://www.jpcycles.com) there are a couple of cheap Spyder items that have multiple uses. Item 170-049 is a pair of Black Widow Spider decals that can be used all over the Spyder. Only $4.99. Item 971-434 is a metal spider web medallion that can be used as an ornament, axle nut cover on top of the Gatorade cap, key chain fob (drill a samll hole). Only $10. I followed Lamonsters idea and used some silicone on the back with a small round magnet. When I pull my key, this drops right into the ignition area and the magnet attaches to the small steel plate and the web covers the ignition area. Looks just like a dash ornament and you can't see where the key goes.

I need to learn how to post photos, but these two item lend themselves to your own application.

BRPjunkie
07-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Sorry. Did not mean to hijack your vibration thread. I thought that I was posting a new topic.

Ray R
07-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Something ain't right. :dontknow: Your Spyder should be much smoother than your Harley. Time to call your dealer.

garganos
07-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Sounds like an un-balanced tire. Take the unit back to your dealer for inspection. Balancing is extremely critical and you must place the weights in the proper location on the rim, otherwise it may interfer with the tie rods.

NancysToy
07-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Another possibility is that the throttle bodies need to be synched. When they get out of whack on my BMW, it gets a real bad vibration at certain RPMs. Just a thought.
-Scotty

arntufun
11-19-2014, 09:14 AM
If your HD is a chain drive, it could be belt harmonics you are feeling. Loosen your grip on the bars and let us know how you make out. :thumbup:

tigerdr
11-19-2014, 09:42 AM
If you have Kenda tires in front wheels, possibly bad tires.

coz
11-19-2014, 09:44 AM
If your HD is a chain drive, it could be belt harmonics you are feeling. Loosen your grip on the bars and let us know how you make out. :thumbup:
very old thread. randy......are you ok? or just being a wise guy?:roflblack::roflblack:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
11-19-2014, 03:23 PM
i will tell you the same thing i tell people with car wheel vibrations, have it checked out on a road force balancer,
that will tell you if it is a tire or wheel problem.