PDA

View Full Version : Micron install question...

spydersam
07-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Well I put the Micron with the 90 from MM in today (GREAT people there). Also put in the air filter and O2 from Evoluzione. Man these upgrades are addicting
Anyway I have the Micron mounted and I have tightened down on the clamp that you reuse from the bike but it does not seem as snug as the stock pipe. I did use a new gasket. Is this normal? I feel like I cranked down on it pretty well
Also as for the weird shaped wire and the small springs with rubber, they do not get used correct?
I love to sound, it has a nice rumble like growl :2thumbs:
Thanks

Oh one last thing, anyone who purchased the spyder emblems from MM, what did you use to get the brp ones out without damaging the paint?

ataDude
07-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Well I put the Micron with the 90 from MM in today (GREAT people there). Also put in the air filter and O2 from Evoluzione. Man these upgrades are addicting
Anyway I have the Micron mounted and I have tightened down on the clamp that you reuse from the bike but it does not seem as snug as the stock pipe. I did use a new gasket. Is this normal? I feel like I cranked down on it pretty well
Also as for the weird shaped wire and the small springs with rubber, they do not get used correct?
I love to sound, it has a nice rumble like growl :2thumbs:
Thanks

I positioned that clamp about halfway up the slots on the 90* pipe... then tightened. My first position also didn't seem as tight.

bjt
07-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Oh one last thing, anyone who purchased the spyder emblems from MM, what did you use to get the brp ones out without damaging the paint?

I thought I read somewhere in here that a little heat from a hairdryer and very careful prying will lift the emblems without damaging the paint but will damage the original emblems. I just tried a couple of searches and couldn't find the relevant post. I know a few people on here have removed them. Maybe one of them can chime in to clarify the process.

Magic Man
07-04-2008, 08:52 AM
I removed mine by using a plastic pan scrapper (looks like an over grown guitar pick)

Because it is plastic, you have a much better chance of not doing any damage to the paint.

I warmed up the area with a heat gun and them carefully worked the scrapper under an edge.

Once under an edge I pulled straigh up on the sticker to pull more of it away from the paint. Rather than keep pushing under it, doing it that way to lessen the chance of making a mark on the paint.

I just repeated this "pulling away from the paint 2 or 3 times until it came off.

I cleaned the area under the sticker before I placed the new ones.

MM