PDA

View Full Version : Heat Issues: It Ain't Just Spyders

FaranH
09-11-2013, 07:28 PM
A buddy of mine with his Harley trike just posted this. It's not just Can-Am that has heat issues. And look at the sheer magnitude of the number of bikes affected. :yikes:

spydaman60
09-11-2013, 07:50 PM
just goes to show you that all mfgs. have their own problems!!!:thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
It kind of puts a lot of this into perspective; doesn't it? :shocked:
Thanks Faran! :thumbup:

spydaman60
09-11-2013, 08:01 PM
now the big question is--"did some of brp's engineers go over to Harley, or did some of Harleys start working for brp?":yikes:

spyder3
09-11-2013, 08:02 PM
now the big question is--"did some of brp's engineers go over to Harley, or did some of Harleys start working for brp?":yikes:

:roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-11-2013, 08:05 PM
That reminds me of Casey Stengel's answer, when asked when his team; the Mets, would finally start winning some games.
"When we trade enough of our players away to weaken the rest of the League!"

spydaman60
09-11-2013, 08:19 PM
That reminds me of Casey Stengel's answer, when asked when his team; the Mets, would finally start winning some games.
"When we trade enough of our players away to weaken the rest of the League!"boy you're really showing your age!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

murphybrown
09-11-2013, 08:28 PM
boy you're really showing your age!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
Actually Bob is really really really young ...just a history buff.:bowdown:

thedonva
09-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I was sitting on my buddy's harley and you can easily burn yourself on there. I think at least with a spyder you have less chance of giving yourself a permanent tattoo.

Chupaca
09-11-2013, 10:16 PM
that spyders are the only ones. Harley and others have had these kind of issues. I'd like to know how many of the heat complaints are from first time ryders who have never sat on top of their engines...:roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Actually Bob is really really really young ...just a history buff.:bowdown:

That; and I've suffered with the Mets for over fifty years... :shocked: :gaah:

Flanker
09-12-2013, 08:16 AM
So..........................I shouldn't store the lawn mower gas can on the deck railing next to the grill top? :hun: ;)

boborgera
09-12-2013, 08:19 AM
that spyders are the only ones. Harley and others have had these kind of issues. I'd like to know how many of the heat complaints are from first time ryders who have never sat on top of their engines...:roflblack:

Most of them....nojoke

flamingobabe
09-12-2013, 08:23 AM

have you ridden a 2013 that has heat issues.....all manufactures have issues and recalls.....but it is only personal...when you own one. I did not complain with my 2009 RS...careful what you say...if you haven't walked in others shoes

Bob Denman
09-12-2013, 08:24 AM
You're probably WAY more right about this than you want to be! :shocked: :gaah:

hotglue
09-12-2013, 08:30 AM
We are not talking about hot legs and feet....... melting engine parts and burning to the ground are just a WEEEEEEEEE bit different. Thanks to all of you for berating those with issues. Parked 3 weeks now. FB is not a happy camper, .... nojoke

boborgera
That; and I've suffered with the Mets for over fifty years... :shocked: :gaah:
?

Remember Marvelous Marv.....?

And i'm still pis**ed of that they took Shay's Name off the Stadium,
If it wasn't for him there would be no MET's.. [Metropolitan's]....:gaah:

spydaman60
That; and I've suffered with the Mets for over fifty years... :shocked: :gaah:i used to be that way with the red sox. hell, i was in the hospital having stents put into my heart when they won their first world series since 1918. must have been 2004!!nojoke

Bob Denman
09-12-2013, 08:34 AM
We are not talking about hot legs and feet....... melting engine parts and burning to the ground are just a WEEEEEEEEE bit different. Thanks to all of you for berating those with issues. Parked 3 weeks now. FB is not a happy camper, .... nojoke
Please don't misunderstand us; We know that Char isn't a rookie... :opps: And we know that there's more going on with her bike than a rider who's wearing shorts in the heat of a Summer in Texas.

FaranH
09-12-2013, 09:16 AM
I think we have to separate uncomfortable heat issues from dangerous heat issues. That was actually my point in posting this. Harley also had dangerous issues affecting brake lines which is an obvious safety problem, like the 2013 Spyders have had. Some posters have acted like BRP is somehow unique in this situation.

it's true that some of us pre-2013 owners have discomfort (even potential burns) from heat issues. And some complaints may be from new riders. But we didn't have the actual safe operation issues from the heat that have impacted this year's models.

I'm hoping 2014 proves to be a much better year. Looks like we'll be hearing something soon. :thumbup:

boborgera
09-12-2013, 09:36 AM
It was never there

Fooled me, But then what do i know, When ever i went to that Stadium in Queens ,
I was at Shay, :dontknow:

boborgera
09-12-2013, 10:02 AM

I hope you don't think I'm Berating the heat issues, Because I'm not.
There are serous heat problems, And they need to be solved....A.S.A.P.......
I'm thinking a whole redesign of the engine compartment is in order,
But i don't think that will happen, Piece meal in the way BRP works....
That said People complaining about normal heat [not you guys] from
sitting on a heat pump [engine] and some of it' is from EPA reg's.
Make the engineers at BRP, Think some owners are Crazy...
[no new rope On that last sentence please]

SpyderAnn01
09-12-2013, 10:50 AM

Amen. This isn't heat on your right foot this is serious and I am also not a happy camper.:mad:

jerpinoy
09-12-2013, 11:13 AM
I wonder if BRP will take the 2013 and trade them with 2014 straight across.

Bob Denman
09-12-2013, 12:27 PM
They wouldn't do that... they couldn't afford to lose that much revenue... :shocked:
At least that's what their bean-counters will say! :gaah:

billybovine
09-12-2013, 01:12 PM
They wouldn't do that... they couldn't afford to lose that much revenue... :shocked:
At least that's what their bean-counters will say! :gaah:

BRP just posted a 7.9 million dollar loss for the second quarter.

ARtraveler
09-12-2013, 02:32 PM
have you ridden a 2013 that has heat issues.....all manufactures have issues and recalls.....but it is only personal...when you own one. I did not complain with my 2009 RS...careful what you say...if you haven't walked in others shoes

:agree: Once you have paid close to $30K and the issues become personal--you have a right to complain. Just because HD and other brands have similar issues--does not make it right IMO. The other brands also need to fix the issues.

Between the federal govt. mandating certain things for emissions, and mandating how to make gas, and what additives to put in it, the nightmare just seems to get worse. I am also thinking this is a part of the nightmare mix causing problems pretty much across the board.

Sarge707
09-12-2013, 04:14 PM
It kind of puts a lot of this into perspective; doesn't it? :shocked:
Thanks Faran! :thumbup:

Are you sure you don,t work for BRP???nojoke

Many of your posts seem to side with them as if you are a "Paid Internet Mediater?":hun:

smurfette
09-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Thank you, Faran for the heads up. Here at home,we are a blended family with hubby's 2009 HD Tri-Glide, and my 2010 RT-AC. Waiting for another recall :(:cus::gaah:

SpyderNana
09-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Thank you for this post Faran. Our oldest son rides a 2012 Harley Road King and we have passed the info on to him. Also to our brother-in-law who rides a 2012 Harley trike. This website is really a lifesaver in more ways than one. Thanks again.

Bob Denman
09-13-2013, 07:00 AM

Many of your posts seem to side with them as if you are a "Paid Internet Mediater?":hun:
nojoke I do not... nojoke

MouthPiece
09-13-2013, 08:02 AM

Surely you jest!!!!

Chris

Desert Spyder
09-13-2013, 08:37 AM
I just heard from a FB friend who has her bike (2013 RT) in the shop for gas smells and brake problems. She was directed to a dealer who discovered more than just the master cylinder melting. Allegedly the charcoal canister was too. I thought that was metal. Am I mistaken? You definitely don't need that melting.

spyder3
09-13-2013, 08:42 AM
?

Remember Marvelous Marv.....?

And i'm still pis**ed of that they took Shay's Name off the Stadium,
If it wasn't for him there would be no MET's.. [Metropolitan's]....:gaah:

I believe it was actually Shea Stadium. :yikes:

Bob Denman
09-13-2013, 08:43 AM
:agree: :thumbup:

boborgera
09-13-2013, 09:49 AM
I believe it was actually Shea Stadium. :yikes:

Yep, I got corrected by the Spelling Police...:opps:

NancysToy
09-13-2013, 09:49 AM
I just heard from a FB friend who has her bike (2013 RT) in the shop for gas smells and brake problems. She was directed to a dealer who discovered more than just the master cylinder melting. Allegedly the charcoal canister was too. I thought that was metal. Am I mistaken? You definitely don't need that melting.

The emissions canister is plastic.

Desert Spyder
09-13-2013, 10:16 AM
The emissions canister is plastic.

Sigh:pray:

Bob Denman
09-13-2013, 10:21 AM
What if it was metal? Woud metal RETAIN heat, and have that cause even more issues? :dontknow:

boborgera
09-13-2013, 10:28 AM
What if it was metal? Woud metal RETAIN heat, and have that cause even more issues? :dontknow:

That Would ;) be 6 of one or a half a dozen of an another..:rolleyes:

Bob Denman
09-13-2013, 10:38 AM
:shocked: Trade one problem, for another? :banghead:

boborgera
09-13-2013, 10:58 AM
:shocked: Trade one problem, for another? :banghead:

Went over your head;)......Woud.....:roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Nahhh... it just whistled straight though my ears... :D

StanProff
09-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Nahhh... it just whistled straight though my ears... :D

We thought that was your Deer whistle Bob, :roflblack:

PW2013STL
09-13-2013, 08:06 PM
When did you see the post for the Harley recall?
Was thinking this was an old post since my 2011 was recalled for this issue in 2011.

Yes my Harley runs hot and there has been a lot of post in the Harley forums about the excessive heat. Most of those posts end with - "for what these cost the owner should not have to spend money and time fixing this":banghead: kinda sounds like posts here.
BTW I have been riding since 1967 so not a newbe.