PDA

View Full Version : My First Bike Rally (Accidental)

Rolffe-of-Six
09-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I was out for a ride this morning and was on the final leg of my jaunt when I came upon an overpass (Sutton Rd over I-77 in Fort Mill, SC) and I saw a number of bikes parked alongside the road and some folks waving American flags on the overpass. As I passed the impromptu parking area, I saw a Spyder and pulled in to a spot in front of him (a beautiful Black Currant 2103 RT). I walked toward the overpass, started a conversation with one of the guys there; the organizer asked me if I wanted a flag. He walked me back to his Spyder and RT-622 and produced a flag. Most of the folks there were Harley riders. They all accepted me and Uly, were very friendly and I stood on the overpass waving Harvey's flag and waving at the passers-by like a mad man.

It was a very moving experience with all the cars and trucks below us on the interstate honking horns, waving, and flashing their headlights.

Thanks to my Spyder and “just riding around” this morning I got to participate is something very meaningful.

A big shoutout to Harvey here on SpyderLovers who invited me to join the activities and provided a very nice flag to wave.

Chupaca
09-11-2013, 11:58 AM
many fun things happen to spyder ryders...!! :2thumbs: there will be more...:thumbup:

jerpinoy
09-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Nice folks are around us especially when we return the same nice acts. God Bless us all.:yes::yes::yes:. This is best we can show to All Riders.

flamingobabe
09-11-2013, 01:02 PM
wow...what a wonderful experience

Bob Denman
09-11-2013, 01:52 PM
:congrats: on being in the right place; at the right time! :2thumbs:

spydaman60
09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
:congrats: on being in the right place; at the right time! :2thumbs: it's all in the timing! 11 years ago many people were in the wrong place at the wrong time.:pray: god bless them and their families!:pray: