PDA

View Full Version : Xmas in July (triple play, fender tipz and...)

spydersam
07-02-2008, 08:51 PM
It was like Christmas in July today. Purchased the triple play, fender tipz with leds, micron, 90 and sypder emblems.
Unfortunately I could not get the exhaust installed, I am waiting on the gasket. I did take my pipe off to see if could use the existing gasket but it was a no go. It was stuck in the stock pipe and would have broke apart if I tried to get it out. For anyone putting on another pipe spend the money to get the gasket.
The fender tipz took me the longest, not because it is difficult but just a tight working area. I think the fenders should have been blinkers to begin with. They are much brighter than the stock lights. I like the mod allot. Took well over an hour to do but that was because I dropped a connector down into the bike and spent a ton of time looking for it. Pretty straight forward if you read the instructions.
My positive and negative were reversed on the one blinker as people have complained about. I see what they did though. It comes out on the main harness correct but where the connector is from the main harness to the light harness is where they crossed it. The connector wiring it self on the light side is wired backwards. You do not even need a meter to test it, you see the black going in the one side and the colored wire coming out the other. Something to look for if you get the unit.
The triple play only took only about 15-20 minutes. I already was familiar with taking the back panel off the back. Very easy install and again I like the high visibility it adds. Great instructions again and very straight forward
Hopefully tomorrow the gasket will be here and the pipe seems like it would only take about 15-20 minutes. I am also waiting on an air filter and o2 sensor from Ken, will post the results on that once they arrive.
Pat and people at No Magic Neon are a pleasure to deal with and highly recommended :2thumbs: Simply put.... Good People!!!:cheers:
My next venture will be head lights but not sure when, I need to research my options