PDA

View Full Version : E across screen help

flamingobabe
09-08-2013, 01:46 PM
A GOS member just posted Ok ladies as I pulled into Nashville my dash showed an "E" and the little alternator/water pump icon thing popped up ?????? Any one can clue me in on what this means ?

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-08-2013, 02:21 PM
A GOS member just posted Ok ladies as I pulled into Nashville my dash showed an "E" and the little alternator/water pump icon thing popped up ?????? Any one can clue me in on what this means ?

Char, you should know better...........and SHE is riding a WHAT kind of spyder.....at anyrate the "E" is an error code in the SHIFT box ( where you see what gear you are in) .....I'm guessing she has some type of >>>RT.....she could have a low battery or just a bad connection.....and the water pump ??????, is the water pump electrical or engine driven ......Char shoot Scotty a PM direct......Mike :thumbup:

flamingobabe
09-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Mike...THANKS...but that was all the info I had...passed it on to her...thanks

Bob Denman
09-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Did she try to pull an active codes? :dontknow:

Chupaca
09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
they should try resetting the computer. Do the key walk (remove the key and walk away) give it some time and then restart. The E could be the gear indicating sensor. Now if there are multiple problems like water pump etc then there may be a battery problem. Check battery connections positive and negative at the battery. Loosen and re-tighten. Check ground to frame.. This is a start..!! :dontknow: if more info comes to light let us know... :thumbup:

flamingobabe
09-08-2013, 08:16 PM
thanks for the info guys....she made it home and will talk to dealer...thanks