PDA

View Full Version : Poor Customer Service

reverendg
09-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Perhaps this rant is misplaced, if so then please delete it. I am just frustrated over poor customer service. I had bought and paid for a Yoshi exhaust back in July, and it arrived damaged. I returned it to UPS for their assessing the cause of the damage, and also immediately contacted the vendor I purchased it from. Their initial response (and only response) was that they wanted to be helpful. Such was not exactly true. Over the course of the next 6 plus weeks, I did attempt to contact them 4 times and find out what was transpiring, to no avail. Finally, I dug deeper into the UPS site (not easy when you were not the shipper of the goods), only to find the damaged item had been returned to the vendor 5 weeks prior....exactly one week after I purchased the muffler. So, in short, 5 weeks of no contact, no replacement for the goods damaged in shipment, no refund. Today, after again contacting the vendor, also providing newly gleaned information about when and even who at their location signed for the goods returned to them, I received "most" of my money back. I lost 5 dollars and change in paypal fees. I also lost the chance to use an item I had paid for, and the chance to purchase alternatives, since I had no idea the company was not going to fulfill the order. I have purchased many items for my Spyder from the vendors on this site, this one, which I will withhold naming, is the only one I have found problematic. You can see in my signature line the items I have installed, and all of those items are from outstanding sponsors here. The one I am ranting about even tried to justify their reluctance to refund my money promptly by falsely alluding to their being out "double the cost" of the item. I fail to see how that would matter, even if it were true. I did not receive what I bought, therefore they are not entitled to my funds. On a better note, I did drop by my dealer today (bought a couple quarts of oil to keep in the garage) and had a nice morning there, they even took some pics of my baby for their site.

reverendg
09-07-2013, 07:03 PM
It is possible that the company is alluding to their claim (as of today) that they tendered me a refund on the day they received the pipe in return. Granted, my paypal account says differently. Amazing that for weeks no contact, now 5 emails in one day, and most of my money refunded!

Spyderjockey
09-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the treatment you received by this vendor!! :yikes::banghead:Things like this just inflame me. You order their product and pay for it in good faith and then run into a problem and they just start ignoring you and the problem. Like I said it is just wrong!!!:mad:

wyliec
09-07-2013, 08:06 PM
It sounds like you purchased from a site sponsor. Why not name them so others may be cautious? You know how many times another sponsor, KewlMetal, has been called out for poor customer service. It just makes members aware of what is going on.

In any case, glad you got most of your money back.

reverendg
09-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Fortunately, I was not completely tactless in dealing with them (I can be at times), and I did get my refund at least. Even though the emails between us have been contentious today, they have voiced valid concerns, and garnered responses. It looks like we may have even reached an agreement with me still taking the damaged merchandise off their hands, at a reduced price. It is amazing what can be accomplished when people communicate. I felt it in everyone's best interest not to name the vendor, and am glad I did not. Regardless the cause of the problems, to finally arrive at an amicable disposition, despite the frustrations, is to everyone's benefit.

Bob Denman
09-08-2013, 08:20 AM
:gaah: It's almost as if your ticket got pulled in the, "Let's Dump On This Guy" lottery... :gaah:
I guess that you just have to count the cost as the price of the education. :shocked:
Sorry to hear that it had to happen to you.