PDA

View Full Version : interesting pole survey

cuznjohn
09-06-2013, 04:54 PM
i am curious about how many dealers carry tires for the spyder, after losing my bike for almost two weeks waiting for a rear tire and my dealer not wanting to install a car tire on the bike because it is not a brp product. i did call yesterday the other two dealers on the island and they did not have them either,

it would be interesting to see how many people could call their dealers and see if they have tires in stock for the bike. i think all dealers should have at least one front and one rear tire in stock for the bike.

Pennyrick
09-06-2013, 05:12 PM
i am curious about how many dealers carry tires for the spyder, after losing my bike for almost two weeks waiting for a rear tire and my dealer not wanting to install a car tire on the bike because it is not a brp product. i did call yesterday the other two dealers on the island and they did not have them either,

it would be interesting to see how many people could call their dealers and see if they have tires in stock for the bike. i think all dealers should have at least one front and one rear tire in stock for the bike.

I think you are talking about polling the members, or do you just want those of Polish decent to respond?

All kidding aside, when my RT needed both front and rear tires back in April the dealer had several rears in stock (I asked because my wife's RT was coming up soon) and I think he had six in stock. We didn't know we needed fronts until a problem developed but he had two sets of fronts in stock as well. I am aware that this particular dealer (Mountain Motorsports in Georgia) has taken a tire off of a showroom machine to help a customer out who was planning a trip.

It appears we are lucky to have a dealer like this but Ryan Hardwick and his folks at the MMS dealerships in Georgia and Tennessee understand customer service.

Bob Denman
09-06-2013, 05:14 PM
My dealer will mount whatever tire I bring up to them... :thumbup:
But... If I was a Kenda kind of guy; I'd call at least a week in advance to make a ppointment so as to make sure that they had what I needed when I showed up.
If it wasn't there when I showed up; they'd never see me again. :sour:

Chupaca
09-06-2013, 05:38 PM
stocking is the chapter that was omitted in their training...it is really not that hard to have minimum stock and maintain it.. Our dealers do not have tires for spyders but thousands for two wheelers and four wheelers..!! :gaah:

Bob Ledford
09-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I normally see a full set sitting in the tire rack for Spyders and six of every other size that is selling regularly. They tell me the slow movers once sold out don't get reordered.

NancysToy
09-06-2013, 08:03 PM
My dealer has the tires in stock, but they cannot mount them.

Sarge707
09-06-2013, 08:30 PM
My Dealer "Land N, Sea Marine" Waterbury CT, Has all tires in stock and can mount them BUT they out source the balancing to a Allignment shop a Mile away for balancing!!!
Balancing 2 front tires cost $30 and they have the latest machine!nojoke

Oldmanzues
09-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Middletown, Ohio had both kinds in stock, when I needed them.
I would think two (at least) front in stock. I believe in replacing in pairs.
Oldmanzues