PDA

View Full Version : What is carbon black color on can am?

Orange monster
09-06-2013, 08:49 AM
I was looking for a brp backrest for the wife and found several places listing the carbon black in stock. I was originally thinking I would go with matte black due to the color combo on my bike being mostly matte black. I spoke with a seller and he said the carbon black is a very flat black but I thought it was the metallic black/grey the RS-S wheels are done in. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

SpyderAnn01
09-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Carbon black is the new color on the 2013s on the handlebars and at the lowest point on the sides also the pedals are done in carbon black. It is what makes the 2013 colors look so cool!

Bob Denman
09-06-2013, 08:55 AM
But... :shocked:
Didn't yours turn out to be ALL carbon black?? :shocked:
(Sorry Ann! I couldn't help myself...:opps:)

SpyderAnn01
09-06-2013, 09:13 AM
But... :shocked:
Didn't yours turn out to be ALL carbon black?? :shocked:
(Sorry Ann! I couldn't help myself...:opps:)

No, actually the wheels wound up looking like the old smoked chrome color. I think they should come up with a better choice of color names for the new models. 75145

Bob Denman
09-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Carbon Black
Smoked chrome
Flaming yellow
Orange Fireburst
Rocket Red
Smoky Gray
:dontknow:

They may actually be on to something here... ;)

I know that I'm heading off to an "unfortunate afterlife" now... :shocked:

SpyderAnn01
09-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Carbon Black
Smoked chrome
Flaming yellow
Orange Fireburst
Rocket Red
Smoky Gray

I'm pretty sure I was headed that way myself.

Yazz
09-06-2013, 10:26 AM
I was looking for a brp backrest for the wife and found several places listing the carbon black in stock. I was originally thinking I would go with matte black due to the color combo on my bike being mostly matte black. I spoke with a seller and he said the carbon black is a very flat black but I thought it was the metallic black/grey the RS-S wheels are done in. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Bought the carbon black trying to match my Phantom. The backrest is actually a dark grey with twinkles in it. Not very stealthy looking.

My old broken backrest was a satin black and matched pretty good.

mrfats
09-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Carbon Black
Smoked chrome
Flaming yellow
Orange Fireburst
Rocket Red
Smoky Gray

That just ain't right! ;)

Bob Denman
09-06-2013, 11:43 AM
:opps: I know! :opps: :roflblack:

Orange monster
09-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Bought the carbon black trying to match my Phantom. The backrest is actually a dark grey with twinkles in it. Not very stealthy looking.

My old broken backrest was a satin black and matched pretty good.

So if you had it to do again would you have bought the matte black rack and backrest so that it would match the matte black bike better? If the color matches our handlebars and footpeg supports then it might look pretty good on the 2013 RS-S.

Yazz
09-07-2013, 12:53 PM
So if you had it to do again would you have bought the matte black rack and backrest so that it would match the matte black bike better? If the color matches our handlebars and footpeg supports then it might look pretty good on the 2013 RS-S.

Looked in BRP's catalog and they don't show a matte black rack and backrest. If they had that color, I would have bought it.

All they have is Steel Black Metallic, Carbon Black, and Satin Black. I should have gone for Satin Black because there are no fancy bits in the paint. It's just plain old black.

Have a '09 GS and the handlebars and footpeg supports are grey. No way I was going to get a grey backrest. LOL Glad BRP finally changed the color for those parts.

It would look cool to have the backrest matching your handlebars and foot peg supports!

Bob Denman
09-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Can you and Jeff(?) perform some "rattle can" magic?? :dontknow:

Yazz
09-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Can you and Jeff(?) perform some "rattle can" magic?? :dontknow:

Jeff does the electrical stuff (IMHO IFM), and I do the wrenching and beautification stuff.

Thinking about dipping it. Was pretty impressed with Dave's dipping projects.

Bob Denman
09-08-2013, 07:38 AM
:thumbup: When he's done with the electrical stuff in your neighborhood; tell him that I was just looking at TricLEDs' newest high-mounted brakelight for the RTs... ;)

SNOOPY
09-08-2013, 07:44 AM
No, actually the wheels wound up looking like the old smoked chrome color. I think they should come up with a better choice of color names for the new models. 75145

Wow! What happened to that! I must have missed that thread.

Bob Denman
09-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Ann's bike is now suffering the worst of, "Dante's Inferno"; FOREVER! :shocked:

SNOOPY
09-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Is there a thread on what happened? I peeked through her threads and didn't see it?

Bob Denman
09-08-2013, 08:01 AM
There is... I'm just not sure how you would search for it...
Try something about the high temperature issues.
Or; search for threads started by her. :thumbup: