PDA

View Full Version : woot woot

cuznjohn
09-06-2013, 08:40 AM
i got a call back from the dealer yesterday after i called them to say lets put a car tire on the bike because you can't get a tire, i did call two other dealers on long island and they didn't have a tire in stock either. well when i asked to install the car tire he said it doesn't belong on the bike so he won't install it, but he did call BRP and got a tracking number of my tire and said it will be here today in the morning, and he will get it on the bike ASAP. i sure hope so

Bob Denman
09-06-2013, 08:45 AM
:2thumbs: At least you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel...
...As long as it's not an oncoming train anyway! :shocked:

cuznjohn
09-06-2013, 08:54 AM
lets hope so, with my luck the truck will get a flat or i will have no way to get there to pick up the bike

Chupaca
09-06-2013, 02:21 PM
seems to be the problem. But they are out there. Ebay, amazon, and others. Looks like we have to find our own parts if we want to get things done quickly. I see all delays folks complain about is "parts on order". Now either the dealer does not stock even basic parts or brp does not supply them with the parts they need. If they had overnight deliveries like other brands I would understand, but apparently they don't. Glad your closer...:dontknow:

ARtraveler
09-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Rant time :roflblack:

:spyder2: dealers without a stock of tires is like McDonalds running out of hamburgers, Papa Murphy's running out of meat for the pizzas (this happened to us last weekend--believe it or not), or NAPA running out of oil. Certain things need to be in stock at all times. PS--I know about inventory and inventory control because I ran a retail store for 29 years.

bruiser
09-06-2013, 03:01 PM
We stocked high use items on our service trucks. If the customer needed something I didn't have I would call the next closest rep to see if he had it. If it needed to be ordered the customer had the choice of next day air or standard ground. If they wanted NDA they paid the freight. If standard ground we paid the freight. If it was warranty and shipped NDA, warranty paid the freight. Our truck stock was automatically reordered for us by inventory control through a program on our Toughbooks. The only thing we had to purchase locally was oil, coolant and consumables.

My dealer does have tires, filters and oil in stock. Anything else has to be ordered from BRP and the customer is charged shipping.

Well Hell
09-06-2013, 03:30 PM
I just called my dealer about the current recall and here is how it went....... Hi I am calling about the latest recall on my 13 RT-S (long pause) oh yeah I just saw that. Were you guys going to notify the owners? (long pause again) well I am sure someone would have called you. So, I said ok what do we need to do to get this going for my :spyder2:? His response was... well bring it in drop it off and we will order the parts and you should have it back in about two weeks. I said .. two weeks? Really? I then asked well how about we do this... I come by today after work you get the info you need and order the parts, then you call me when they get here, I will then bring the :spyder2: in and you can put the parts on and I can get it back that day? He says oh yeah that might work.:yikes::clap::banghead: It never ceases to amaze me how some people think that its ok to inconvience the paying customer.:cus:

NancysToy
09-06-2013, 04:17 PM
I just called my dealer about the current recall and here is how it went....... Hi I am calling about the latest recall on my 13 RT-S (long pause) oh yeah I just saw that. Were you guys going to notify the owners? (long pause again) well I am sure someone would have called you. So, I said ok what do we need to do to get this going for my :spyder2:? His response was... well bring it in drop it off and we will order the parts and you should have it back in about two weeks. I said .. two weeks? Really? I then asked well how about we do this... I come by today after work you get the info you need and order the parts, then you call me when they get here, I will then bring the :spyder2: in and you can put the parts on and I can get it back that day? He says oh yeah that might work.:yikes::clap::banghead: It never ceases to amaze me how some people think that its ok to inconvience the paying customer.:cus:

It is not the dealer's responsibility to notify owners of the recall. BRP will be sending out letters, in accordance with the law. Dealers that notify their customers are going the extra mile. It is very nice for them to do so, but it should not be expected.

ulflyer
09-07-2013, 06:54 AM
i when i asked to install the car tire he said it doesn't belong on the bike so he won't install it,ASAP. i sure hope so

When the dealer I bought mine from told me the same thing, I found one that would and have become one of their regular customers. This dealer never even questioned putting a car tire on and I've since referred two other Spyders riders to them. Might be worth your while to check other dealers.