PDA

View Full Version : 2012 RS - QUESTIONS ABOUT FAN

Spiderwoman
09-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Looking for some suggestions for what else to troubleshoot on my RS. Rode a 2008 GS for 3 years with no heat problems that even come close to my new 2012. I have wrapped pipes, checked exhaust gaskets, installed spyderpops and fan can. Removed lower panels and this bike is still registering 116 and above when I turn off the key. Idling in traffic is a real thrill. I not only have my motorcycle boots on, but it also requires 2 pairs of socks and soccer shin guard to protect from the heat on the right side to ride any distance. What else should I be looking for?

SHOULD THE FAN BE COOLING AFTER BIKED IS PARKED? :dontknow:

Dan_Ashley
09-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Looking for some suggestions for what else to troubleshoot on my RS. Rode a 2008 GS for 3 years with no heat problems that even come close to my new 2012. I have wrapped pipes, checked exhaust gaskets, installed spyderpops and fan can. Removed lower panels and this bike is still registering 116 and above when I turn off the key. Idling in traffic is a real thrill. I not only have my motorcycle boots on, but it also requires 2 pairs of socks and soccer shin guard to protect from the heat on the right side to ride any distance. What else should I be looking for?

SHOULD THE FAN BE COOLING AFTER BIKED IS PARKED? :dontknow:
The temp shown on the dashboard is (I believe) the temp of the air entering the bike through the air filter. It is not the ambient air temp. BRP probably should not have put this on the dashboard, but the measurement of it is needed for the computerized fuel systems.

Also, the fan running after the bike is parked, for a few minutes is a good thing. It shows the cooling fluid temp switches are working properly, and it cools the coolant preventing it to expand and push out through the overflow tube. I think I got this right.....